• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
RUFINA'S TEA 9

ricksbread9b.jpg

i'm down for some yuri watersports

It's kinda funny that they'd bother to "fix" the ED but not even spend and relatively infinitesimal amount of time touching up the OP which is rather unnerving at times:

Then again, it's not like this series is known for its production values as this gif will clearly show:

ricksbread9.gif

Why would they do that? It would be like KyoAni turning their hand to anything outside of the slice of life/cute girls field.
Is it a sin for a man to dream?

wonzo

Banned
You watched the show this fa so you only have yourself to blame.
But if I hadn't continued to watch the show then I'd have never noticed the awesome Giant Robo reference!

sankarea8giantrobo%21.jpg

Welcome to the dark side.
Have you ever found yourself moist with tears of shame?

Spoilers for the one good line in the dub! lol
Words could never bring justice to the...erm...fitting execution of such an incredible line.

Hey now, maybe she can teleport!
I like how they just recycled the same water animation for all 3 of them
To be fair, they gotta spend all of that money on the hot bread panservice.

Jex

[Dusk Maiden of Amnesia] - 11

And now I am all caught up. It's surprising how much anime I can watch when I'm not mainlining Gintma straight into my veins.

Now, that episode had a plotline that I actually hadn't seen in a ghost story before. Impressive!
A ghost not being able to see the one of the only people who can see her sounds like a set up for some kind of KEY-esque tragedy

sonicmj1

The iDORU 26

imas26.gif

Easily one of the best episodes of the series. Now all they need to do is turn those movie trailers into OVA's or something as that shit would totally own.

Chances are that turning a 3 minute joke into a 25 minute episode would end badly, but I'd really want to see it succeed.

It'd be like if 0048 was intentionally enjoyable.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Chances are that turning a 3 minute joke into a 25 minute episode would end badly, but I'd really want to see it succeed.

It'd be like if 0048 was intentionally enjoyable.

I dunno, if something like that was made by the current im@s team, I think it'd have a much better chance at being good than Xenoglassia.

Erigu

Look at Soul Calibur for like a million and ten examples of such things, and the ridiculous costumes are only the most obvious of the issues -- the deeper problems of things like why the Greek characters are apparently all pagans, when the ancient pagan Greek religion had ceased to exist by, oh, about 1000-1200 years before the series is set, for only one example
Sophitia is actually said to be a weirdo for still caring about those gods.

I'm pretty sure the only rule they consistently followed was the rule of cool.
In fact, that's pretty much official... Just look at the specs Anno cooked up for the Evas in Super Robot Wars:
Height: 40 to 200 meters
Weight: 700 to 96 000 tons

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru 1-3
I was a bit wary of this show thanks to my past history with Shaft comedies (hated Arakawa, didn't care for SZS), but this is actually a funny and entertaining show. It'll be interesting to see if it holds up for 12 episodes, but I'm glad I listened to GAF's praise for this and watched it.
This was a better mystery than anything in Hyouka.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
So...we've all lost?

Not me! *hugs Manami*

what they did to Charles in the dub. simply unforgiveable. UNFORGIVEABLE!!!! *rocks back and forth

Sacrah bloo, you don't like ze impreseeve Franchais accent?!

;_; That makes me sad. Very very sad.

This one's actually kinda fucked up.

LOL That's amazing!

Of course it has to be Miki to be the only one in a swimsuit.

I'd imagine Miki is destined to be a graveur model so it's within character.

Jex

Panty & Stocking With Garterbelt In Sanitary Box

Evidently I missed this extra episode so catch up time. With an overall runtime of about 8 minutes, it's a handful of 1 minute or so shorts that are random, perverse, disgusting, or perhaps all 3! One of the shorts actually made me ill with its concept which is rare as I usually have a high tolerance for this sort of thing. Not really worth a watch and I think I was happier not knowing it existed rather than reveling in extra content of which I was previously unaware.
That's the Panty and Stocking guarantee: "You'll feel sick after watching!"
This one's actually kinda fucked up.

Being Kariya is suffering.

/XX/

Up-to-date now having seen 6 consecutive episodes, I'm ready for this!
But probably I won't be seeing the final episode until tomorrow... argh...

I ought to watch this sometime, just because I like Satoshi Urushihara, generic women and all.
'Master of the Sameface'
...and nipples
, Tony Taka! Bow to your lord...

Wasn't there only one episode of it due to just how relatively expensive the production was?
Yep, six years in preparation and four years HAND-DRAWN in production due to Mr. Urushihara obsessiveness, proved by examples like the one commented by Jexhius:

Hmm, I wonder if the guy who did the creased bed sheet in that shot worked on the creased bed sheet in the Utena movie! You rarely see such attention paid to creases.

It made dissappear of the map the production companies involved, MOONROCK and EarthWork (his own one), after the debacle on sales.

Because Brains Base has good background artists?
Although art direction guidance from the Brain's・Base associates is of course important, much of the actual merit goes to the artists at places like studio Pablo (http://studio-pablo.com/index.html) that ultimately make those backgrounds.

This was pretty boring, I didn't get to finish it. It reminds me of those two other young animator training projects last year that weren't Kizuna or Ojisan. The forgettable ones.

http://i.imgur.com/aOhn7l.jpg
Well, the objective was to teach young animators not to indoctrinate them in what type of works they should work on, so maybe the dullest the final product the more general and basic the training while at the same time letting them search their own style to develop, right? Mission accomplished?

Searching for excuses like these sure is tiring... sorry, I really wanted to appreciate everything about this initiative.

Indeed! Taking the extra time after the series to do a special episode like this one makes sense compared to other (habitual) examples of catchpenny releases.

Jex

Although art direction guidance from the Brain's・Base associates is of course important, much of the actual merit goes to the artists at places like studioPablo (http://studio-pablo.com/index.html) that ultimately make those backgrounds.

Exactly. I haven't seen everything Brain's Base have put out, but their backgrounds for Penguin Drum were notably different to anything that I've seen before. Sengoku Collection clearly has a similar team working on the background art for that show because they are so close stylistically. I wasn't aware that they were called studioPablo though, so thanks.

It doesn't seem like they've worked on too many things yet, but they've all looked great.

/XX/

Exactly. I haven't seen everything Brain's Base have put out, but their backgrounds for Penguin Drum were notably different to anything that I've seen before. Sengoku Collection clearly has a similar team working on the background art for that show because they are so close stylistically. I wasn't aware that they were called studioPablo though, so thanks.

It doesn't seem like they've worked on too many things yet, but they've all looked great.
Yeah, they are working on SENGOKU COLLECTION right now, as it figures on their schedule board (http://studio-pablo.com/order.html). They were not the only ones collaborating on this series or MAWARU-PENGUINDRUM, however they seem to be the ones more close to Brain's・Base right now, making the bulk of the work.

DiGiKerot

They also sporadically hide PenguinDrum references (typically penguins) in the background art for Sengoku Collection.

Jintor

So I just wrapped the Fullmetal Manga in a two-day binge inbetween studying Japanese and eating delicious cake.

Is there any good Sakuga in either of the anime? What I see on Toonami is largely slipshod, but I'd kill for some good bendingalchemy fights. I've already seen Sacred Star of Milos.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'm still rocking this hair.

It's all for you Anime-GAF. I'm sharing the love of Kirino all over GAF.

duckroll

So I just wrapped the Fullmetal Manga in a two-day binge inbetween studying Japanese and eating delicious cake.

Is there any good Sakuga in either of the anime? What I see on Toonami is largely slipshod, but I'd kill for some good bendingalchemy fights. I've already seen Sacred Star of Milos.

BONES is never a let down when it comes to action animation. :)

Grzi

Brotherhood is FILLED with Sakuga scenes, the first series has a lot of them too, but not as much as FMA:B.

Sengoku Collection 12

Silly episode and all over underwear. Shower scene felt unnecessary then again this is the 12th episode and based on the eye catches, was to be expected out of the anime. Keiji is alright.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

There are tons of great fights and animation in FMA, definitely worth a watch.

duckroll

Brotherhood is FILLED with Sakuga scenes, the first series has a lot of them too, but not as much as FMA:B.

I don't think that's true. FMA had a shitload of great animation too. It's just that FMA:B is a longer series, and when pretty much every episode of both series consistently have great animation, FMA:B will feel like it has "more" simply because it's longer.

duckroll

THE MOMENT IS ALMOST HERE! IN ONE HOUR FATE/ZERO WILL BE OVER!

Episode 25 credits
Storyboard: Ei Aoki
Episode Direction: Ei Aoki, Kei Tsunematsu, Takuya Nonaka
Animation Direction: Tomonori Sudou, Atsushi Ikariya
Assistant Animation Direction: Miyuki Ishizuka

----

Also, for those interested, Nicovideo will also start live streaming as the Ufotable staff on Fate/Zero start drawing on the Production Sign Board (Ufotable's exclusive pre-order bonus for the second BD-Box) right after the series concludes on Tokyo MX (which is the same time the episode goes online for everyone outside Japan).

You can watch it here, or timeshift it so you can watch after the finale: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv96751999

----

In some alternate universe with happier people, here's how the final battle might have played out instead:

AelSH.jpg

Kagami

W-what? She was? Okay then. All is right with the world.

Damn, it's been a long time since I watched OreImo. I don't even remember important details such as this!
To be fair, a lot of Hanazawa's acting in OreImo was poor.
Fast forward a year and a half, and now she's doing the same voice in Space Pirates and sounds flawless, so I guess that's what practice will get you.
It'll be interesting to hear how she sounds in the next OreImo season.

cajunator

Banned
RUFINA'S TEA 9

It's kinda funny that they'd bother to "fix" the ED but not even spend and relatively infinitesimal amount of time touching up the OP which is rather unnerving at times:

Then again, it's not like this series is known for its production values as this gif will clearly show:

ricksbread9.gif

Is it a sin for a man to dream?

Well, they could not with good conscience ruin BOTH the OP and ED of the show at the same time. Nobody is that heartless.

But if I hadn't continued to watch the show then I'd have never noticed the awesome Giant Robo reference!

sankarea8giantrobo%21.jpg

Have you ever found yourself moist with tears of shame?

To be fair, they gotta spend all of that money on the hot bread panservice.

Is that quote from a movie or animu? I don't recognise it.

Ginrei <3

To be fair, a lot of Hanazawa's acting in OreImo was poor.
Fast forward a year and a half, and now she's doing the same voice in Space Pirates and sounds flawless, so I guess that's what practice will get you.
It'll be interesting to hear how she sounds in the next OreImo season.

It's a great thing that I dont understand Japanese then, because Hanazawa sounds just fine to me. I cant tell if shes doing a bad job or not.

Shining Hearts: Bread of Happiness 10
tumblr_m62rz0XbYd1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Enjoyable episode. I hope Rick can find himself and what he's after so his bread can taste and look good once again. He seemed pretty off, but I think the actiony events coming and Kaguya's jewel will help. Nice insert song.

Defuser

I just realized why Sega couldn't fund a Valkyria Chronicles 3 anime series instead of a OVA and instead of a shing hearts anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom