• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Well, beyond a few completely unexplained plot elements one particular thing was
Aoi just appearing out of nowhere. I guess they weren't allowed to kill her completely because she's in later material but it just felt like a cop-out.

I was actually surprised by that, but the way it was shown
makes it feel naturally part of the tragedy-drama theme that the entire episode had going for it. She survived the encounter in ep21, but this is more like a fate worse than death. A further testament to the cruelty of this world.

Ultimadrago

Fate/Stay Night 1
gDRl4l.jpg

Tell me that this is a toy bus on a toy bridge with other toy cars.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Fate/Zero 25 -END-

Absolutely masterful.

Serious FSN spoilers:
I found it absolutely wonderful that they didn't show Kiritsugu actually dying in that scene.

Bring on your stay night remake next, ufotable. I beg of you.

Jex

makes it feel naturally part of the tragedy-drama theme that the entire episode had going for it. She survived the encounter in ep21, but this is more like a fate worse than death. A further testament to the cruelty of this world.

For me
it felt like a mixture of an extremely transparent piece of writing combined with a humorously over-the-top 'dark' twist that I'd expect some of the worst elements of the show. She can't just be disabled and in a wheelchair, but she has to be brain damaged. Heck, every line she has is also super-tragic as well, just in case you didn't realise that her fate was cruel. Way to hit me over the head.

Minor detail from the novels:
Kirei saved her shortly after Kariya left (being a naturally talented healer and all that). While he has no problem with people killing each other, he wouldn't leave a person to die in his own church. Although Gen probably could've left her to die there anyway, since she's never talked of or heard from again in any other work.

Brazil

They need to make a couple of OVAs showing
Sakura, Rin, Ilya, Shirou, and Saber
devolving into their FSN versions.

Bwahahaha. :(

Kagami

I'll never understand peoples fascination with depressing shit in fiction. If I want to feel bad, I watch the news. Luckily, I gave up on Fate/Zero roughly halfway in, once it became obvious that this won't end well. Why do visual novel studios (Type-Moon, âge, 0verflow...) seem to enjoy kicking their audience in the balls? And why does the audience enjoy it? Masochism?
I can't speak for Type-Moon, but âge and 0verflow's stuff are mostly multi-ending, so even for people who only like good endings, the bad endings give meaning to achieving the good ones.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Fate/Zero

10/10

Can't believe it's over.

Please do a F/SN remake ufotable, please!

I'm not sure why people want this, since although Ufotable could certainly improve the art direction, they can't really fix the characters or nasu writing without practically making a different series.

/XX/

So, this is the commercial Katsushi Ōta was talking about some time ago, right? Here:

『栗山千明の新月朗読館』 | 最前線
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HOQZmY6p-E

You were right, duckroll!
But at least ufotable really is implicated on this.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
[Dusk Maiden of Amnesia] - 8

I am not really sure why this romance/mystery show disguised itself as a dumb fanservice show. Was it just trying to appeal to a certain demographic?
There is certainly a disconnect between what the show sells itself in its marketing and what it becomes. The early episode's seemingly shoe-horned and flat humor don't exactly help either before the tone becomes much more consistent and focused later on.

Brazil

I'm not sure why people want this, since although Ufotable could certainly improve the art direction, they can't really fix the characters or nasu writing without practically making a different series.

When I say "please remake FSN", I'm talking about actually remaking the thing. Like, creating a fourth route.

RUFINA'S TEA 9

It's kinda funny that they'd bother to "fix" the ED but not even spend and relatively infinitesimal amount of time touching up the OP which is rather unnerving at times:

Then again, it's not like this series is known for its production values as this gif will clearly show:

ricksbread9.gif

Is it a sin for a man to dream?

Do these characters have the same expression on at all times? Every shot I've seen of this show, they're always sporting the same smile.

Brazil

I think it's quite obvious that ufotable has spoiled us and ruined TV anime for life. lol.

This thread is going to get more and more depressing with each passing day now.

Do these characters have the same expression on at all times? Every shot I've seen of this show, they're always sporting the same smile.

They have their smile face and their "worried about Rick's Bread" face.

But that's it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Korra no Densetsu -FIN-

I'm really glad I read Fullmetal Alchemist today because otherwise I would be KILLING PEOPLE over that finale.

Jesus Christ, what the hell was that ending.

On another note, I find all the children's cartoon tropes almost charming. The fact that they have to show how every single bad guy manages to survive when
their planes get blown up
is cute.

Shining Hearts 11
You know, after 10 episodes this was the first time I could tell this anime was a JRPG adaptation.
So uh, recaps everywhere. Not actual flashbacks but instead toss in grayed out recaps for everyone to see. They also finally explained why the preferred method of arriving on the island is via washing up on shore.
The music was pretty nice at one point of the episode.
And at least Rick finally found his true self. And, I liked it better when this was a bread baking anime.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Jesus Christ, what the hell was that ending.

On another note, I find all the children's cartoon tropes almost charming. The fact that they have to show how every single bad guy manages to survive when
their planes get blown up
is cute.

Wait... was it bad? I'm watching now.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
It's okay guys at least we still have this to look forward to!

0EG2j.jpg

A terrible manga? why would people look forward to it?

Jexhius, if by classy, you mean it has naked lolis, a brocon main character, and offensively poor writing (and that's all in only the first chapter) then yes!

I'm just starting episode 10. "A Stormy Night"

They explained her back story in the last episode and apparently everything is honky dorey now, but we'll see.

If you finished watching Yuu's mother's backstory I am certain
that her craziness has past
. It is amazing what drinking and traveling through dimensions can do to a person.

Are you watching it sub or dub?

Narag

Fate/Stay Night 2

Terrible action aside, I was surprised to see
Shirou get killed off so early even if it was temporary. :lol Saber's already more likeable in this than she was in F/Z too.

Shinji Matou looks so familiar as if he'd fit right in between Gargantua's different ages from Yami to Bōshi to Hon no Tabibito.

Maybe the F/SN VN is in Lilith's library too.

Ultimadrago

Tsuritama 4

Haru gets some development in his relationship with Yuki and
perhaps his understanding of "normal" humans on a whole.

This paired with some fishing progress and terminology makes for a pretty nice episode.

wsippel

Banned
I can't speak for Type-Moon, but âge and 0verflow's stuff are mostly multi-ending, so even for people who only like good endings, the bad endings give meaning to achieving the good ones.
I didn't actually play the games, I only know 0verflow from the School Days anime, and that... yeah. And what I've read about Muv-Luv made sure I'll stay very far away from Muv-Luv Total Eclipse - action, mecha and cute girls be damned.

Brazil

Fate/Stay Night 2

Terrible action aside, I was surprised to see
Shirou get killed off so early even if it was temporary. :lol Saber's already more likeable in this than she was in F/Z too.

Saber is more likeable in FSN because of the contrast with Shirou, and not necessarily by own merits, though.

I didn't actually play the games, I only know 0verflow from the School Days anime, and that... yeah. And what I've read about Muv-Luv made sure I'll stay very far away from Muv-Luv Total Eclipse - action, mecha and cute girls be damned.

The best School Days ending is just as absurd as the worst ending. They balance each other out.

1stStrike

Banned
I'm worried where this is headed. Kiritsugu was so dismissive of her in F/Z meanwhile this ep ends with the equivalent of:

Saber is summoned
Shirou: Hot.

Oh boy.

FSN spoilers:
Shirou definitely falls in love with her by the end. They even go on a date together. Then the grail war ends and she returns to her own time and... Shirou's left alone while she finishes out the last moments of her life.

I thought the ending was pretty sad, myself.

Brazil

FSN spoilers:
Shirou definitely falls in love with her by the end. They even go on a date together. Then the grail war ends and she returns to her own time and... Shirou's left alone while she finishes out the last moments of her life.

I thought the ending was pretty sad, myself.

Don't read this, Narag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom