• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accel World 11
Woo, that was awesome. This show does shine when they stop having exposition tea and instead go all out with the action. I did enjoy Niko going ax crazy while shooting all her missiles out.

Narag

Why, 1stStrike? ._.

To be fair, I was more watching it for other reasons. I really like the whole secret identity of Servants being revealed, I'm curious how this ties into F/Z, and I'll finally learn the origin of GAR. Also there's the whole trainwreck aspect.

1stStrike

Banned
noein7fdb5v.jpg

Well. That was unexpected.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
To be fair, I was more watching it for other reasons. I really like the whole secret identity of Servants being revealed, I'm curious how this ties into F/Z, and I'll finally learn the origin of GAR. Also there's the whole trainwreck aspect.

Oh, I see.

The true meaning of GAR is only revealed in Unlimited Blade Works, though.

Jex

Saber is more likeable in FSN because of the contrast with Shirou, and not necessarily by own merits, though.

I actually came to, well, kind of like Saber's arc by the end of Fate/Zero. Does it continue logically into the next series?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Can you go into descriptive detail of why you didn't like it? I mean, maybe it's because you underhyped it for me or something but I didn't think it was terrible.
It sounds like I'm on the same page as the OT, but where to start?

I mean, ignore the children's cartoon plotholes because that's just how children's cartoons work, the biggest and most fundamental problem with the episode is the final
retcon of Korra losing her powers
. Somehow they managed to set up a
game changer only to roll it back in the last minute
. Bleh.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
It sounds like I'm on the same page as the OT, but where to start?

I mean, ignore the children's cartoon plotholes because that's just how children's cartoons work, the biggest and most fundamental problem with the episode is the final
retcon of Korra losing her powers
. Somehow they managed to set up a
game changer only to roll it back in the last minute
. Bleh.

Oh so that last specific sequence. Yeah, I think that particular scene would've been better had it be set up and detailed more properly but they ran out of time, which I understand. I still think it's fine and it sort in a way retconned crap but meh, I can get over it.

Dresden

Oh, it does. Not immediately, but it does. Kinda.

Eh, gotta disagree. Her character is basically reset. She then mellows out via the power of dicks.

There's progress at the end, but I wouldn't call it a logical progression from what we saw in Zero.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh so that last specific sequence. Yeah, I think that particular scene would've been better had it be set up and detailed more properly but they ran out of time, which I understand. I still think it's fine and it sort in a way retconned crap but meh, I can get over it.
I mean, there's more - like the fact that a big infodump is supposed to somehow explain the events of the last 10 episodes. But I don't think you can handwave that ending away that easily. It's just bad.

(Also, the voice acting of the new characters... woof).

Recorder to Randsell 25

It's nice that a few of the cops FINALLY understand Atsushi is 10. It only took like a billion misunderstandings.
It's silly because those cops actually arrested him previously.

Then again, for a book that only has two gags, what can ya expect.

Jex

Eh, gotta disagree. Her character is basically reset. She then mellows out via the power of dicks.

There's progress at the end, but I wouldn't call it a logical progression from what we saw in Zero.

Excellent. Sounds about what I'd expect!

kayos90

I mean, there's more - like the fact that a big infodump is supposed to somehow explain the events of the last 10 episodes. But I don't think you can handwave that ending away that easily. It's just bad.

(Also, the voice acting of the new characters... woof).

I think it's just the choice of, would you rather have information fed out in a steady stream or all at once. I'm definitely for the former but I was fine with how it happened.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

Hm... Yeah, I was talking about that progress at the end you mentioned, but I guess you're right.

Narag

Fate/Stay Night 3

Fate/Zero's first episode is evidently vindicated for getting exposition out of the way immediately as the rule dump in this was just silly and boring. It was rather neat to have some background to Kirei's cryptic remarks though.

Kirei just won't stop
smiling!

Jex

Fate/Stay Night 3

Fate/Zero's first episode is evidently vindicated for getting exposition out of the way immediately as the rule dump in this was just silly and boring. It was rather neat to have some background to Kirei's cryptic remarks though.

Why are you doing this to yourself straight after finishing Fate/Zero?

Disappointed to hear about Korra. I had hoped that it would be on the level of Avatar Book 2 or even better, since they had the ability to craft a tightly honed and structured story without some of the weaker meandering at the beginning of each Avatar season, but it looks like that didn't happen. I suppose it's a good thing I held off on watching it.

On another note, these Fate/Stay Night screenshots are horrifying.

7Th

Korra's final episode was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse than anything in Fujiko so far. Then again, never doubt Okada's endings...

Well it's either this or Korra and after all the complaining I'm seeing, this looks like the safe bet.

Watch Motorcity. Best currently running action-driven cartoon.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Looks like I need to watch this Fate show before I can join in with this topic again.

Pretty much why I ended up engrossing myself in everything Fate related. The only aspect that was truly worth it was Carnival Phantasm.

Words.

Lots and lots of words.

That aside, I think it's pretty a'ight though I'm still halfway done with the Heaven's Feel route.

The H-scenes are hilarious too.

I wish I hadn't finished this route, I might have still liked/respected Rin. >.>

But his
daughter
doesn't have her own route. <_<

Ilya_01.jpg

Ilya_02.jpg

kayos90

Cross thread posting yay!

Alright, since the season is over I will officially start the top 5 episodes of Fate/Zero and the worse episode of the show. Preferably you'd intermingle the two seasons!

1.) Episode 11: This one was an obvious choice. Great dialogue between kings and Rider showing up as a boss. This episode is a perfect mix of excellent conversations and action sequence that doesn't run on too long. Excellent stuff.

2.) Episode 16: If it wasn't for the fact that the dialogue in Episode 11 was so amazing, this would be my favorite episode. Great plot progression, brutality, writing, cinematography, etc. This episode pretty much has everything that is great about series wrapped into a single package. Plus you can't go wrong with the awesomeness that is Lancer - even if he is an idiot.

3.) Episode 19: This was a particular standout for me partially because of I'm a sucker for flashbacks and character development. We get a vibe that's quite different from other episodes because this focuses more on the lifestyle that Kiritsugu comes from rather than the one that is exhibited in the Grail War. We get a more gunfight gritty atmosphere. The music is pretty fantastic as well especially when we see the montages of the people dying as Kiritsugu sits solemnly on a rock. It's all great. Plus Natalia kicks ass.

4.) Episode 1: I'll get a lot of flack for this but I love this episode because it introduces everyone and we get some really great character interaction. Not only that but the writing is pretty solid. We get some great shots of the backgrounds and the characters conversing especially the Kire, Tokiomi and Risei scene. I'm a sucker for introduction and the way this episode sets up the premise is quite phenomenal as it kept me engaged as an audience. Also, that summoning sequence was boss.

5.) Episode 14: The second season kicks off with a pretty stellar episode. I had a hard time choosing between this one and the next because of some similarities. Anyway, this episode had great combat sequences featuring various fights happening. Not only that but we get some crazy color contrasts which make me "wow" even more. It's all great stuff. The only thing I found sort of lacking was the talking which was meh.

Worst.) Episode 10: I just didn't like this episode. I found it pretty irrelevant to the overall series as a whole. Sure we get some insight about Tokiomi and Rin but I felt like it was sort of pointless. Rin didn't contribute much to the show and I honestly didn't care as a result.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think it's just the choice of, would you rather have information fed out in a steady stream or all at once. I'm definitely for the former but I was fine with how it happened.
It's just bad writing. There's no reason why they couldn't have saved what happened at the end for the second season just to end the first season on an interesting complication.

Kuroko's Basketball 12
tumblr_m6346sOUqN1qaeynmo1_500.png

If only there wasnt an "i" in Kagami's team.
I was surprised that Kagami let everything get to him so much that he was almost willing to tarnish his own friendship with Kuroko over just winning the game. Fortunately Kuroko managed to bring him back to him and fix it with his speech that almost felt like a friendship speech of sorts, really enjoyed it as well as Kuroko's face during it, its like one of his best expression's yet. Best of all this means kuroko and kagami teamwork to destroy Midorima, can't wait
Go Seirin!

upandaway

Dres-man, I don't understand. What exactly was reset? She didn't get any progression in Zero (or rather, Berserker dying message offset anything Rider did to her, even if at first it looked like they complimented each other). And her attitude towards Shirou makes sense after she suffered Kiritsugu. Her lead into the VN is logical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom