• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1stStrike

Banned
Here's a video example of how the action in Noein is handled. Kazuki Akane likes to let animation run wild.

I literally just watched that like 15 minutes ago. The screenshots I last posted were from that episode, heh. It was a good fight scene, but I think they went a bit too wild outside of the fight. Haruka looked pretty horrible in some parts when she was just running around.

Jex

I literally just watched that like 15 minutes ago. The screenshots I last posted were from that episode, heh. It was a good fight scene, but I think they went a bit too wild outside of the fight. Haruka looked pretty horrible in some parts when she was just running around.

A lot of Noein looks pretty bad, unfortunately.

duckroll

I'm a little worried that Sunrise and the constraints of the franchise will tone him down in Akito, but I suppose we'll see.

Well, he's been working on this for over 2 years now, so it better damn well pay off. Apparently they extended the production process early on because Akane wasn't happy with the concept plan they had, and he wanted to flesh out more background details during pre-production to create a more convincing setting, so we'll see. They also changed writers during the process, with Akane contributing to the writing himself and bringing in his own pet writer - Miya Asakawa. So it does seem like he has a relatively high level of creative freedom here.

cajunator

Banned
AnimeGAF told me this doesn't exist. You shouldn't create fake wikipedia pages for the sake of a prank.

Obstacles need to be overcome for characters to grow. Now if you mean particularly gratuitous stuff for the sake of shock value, I can understand.

Oh no, it definitely exists.

Don't talk about such things. The only thing that exists is Fate/Zero.

Once again, lies. You cannot wish the past out of existence!

It's okay guys at least we still have this to look forward to!

0EG2j.jpg

Yes, yes we do.

Why are you doing this to yourself straight after finishing Fate/Zero?

Because he must know the truth.

Fate Zero x Precure OVA please.

xx1D7.jpg

YES PLEASE!

Well, he's been working on this for over 2 years now, so it better damn well pay off. Apparently they extended the production process early on because Akane wasn't happy with the concept plan they had, and he wanted to flesh out more background details during pre-production to create a more convincing setting, so we'll see. They also changed writers during the process, with Akane contributing to the writing himself and bringing in his own pet writer - Miya Asakawa. So it does seem like he has a relatively high level of creative freedom here.

That sounds promising. I certainly hope he delivers!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Accel World 11

Holy shit! Everyone is being awesome! This is what I signed up for.

That
Death by Embracing
kill wasn't cool at all. And it felt kind of bizarre watching Black Lotus
almost give up so quickly after spending 10 entire episodes posing as the most awesome and resolute person in the world.
But I guess they need to give Silver Crow a role in her progression.

Good times.

duckroll

I've found that keeping my hopes high and my expectations low is the best way to avoid suffering.

It seems to make sense in theory, but in practice the hopes will always overwhelm the expectations when you actually start watching it, especially if it seems deceptively promising from the start. Anime is suffering. :(

Kuroko no Basket 12
Good episode. I was surprised that the episode didn't end with
Kagami's complete and utter breakdown
but instead more teamwork power. But, whatever, still enjoyable.

Accel World 11

Holy shit! Everyone is being awesome! This is what I signed up for.

That
Death by Embracing
kill wasn't cool at all. And it felt kind of bizarre watching Black Lotus
almost give up so quickly after spending 10 entire episodes posing as the most awesome and resolute person in the world.
But I guess they need to give Silver Crow a role in her progression.

Good times.

Our Taku.

But I think Black Lotus is kind of overpowered.

It seems to make sense in theory, but in practice the hopes will always overwhelm the expectations when you actually start watching it, especially if it seems deceptively promising from the start. Anime is suffering. :(

Eh, I've had enough experience watching television by now that I'm well aware anything could go wrong at any time. Thus I avoid getting so personally invested that a failure along the line seriously affects me. So even when something like Fujiko happens, well, of course I lament the unfortunate mistakes that were made but it's not hard for me to just shake my head and move on.

I have no interest in going through what I went through with the finale to Lost again.

Kagami

The SHAFT-lite elements of Sankarea as possibly the only good thing to come from either the anime or manga.
And there are of course, the good SHAFTly shows, but they are not the majority. Sankarea was one of them for three episodes or so, so I can't agree with you on that second part.
I just realized I wrote Sankarea in that post when I meant to write Dusk Maiden (the show pizzaroll was originally commenting on).

Jex

He probably won't, because modern Sunrise destroys all good directors, but I just wanted to get your hopes up so you can suffer with me. :(

Has anyone ever mentioned how you're a cruel person who wants to drag everyone down so that they suffer on the same level as you?

duckroll

Eh, I've had enough experience watching television by now that I'm well aware anything could go wrong at any time. Thus I avoid getting so personally invested that a failure along the line seriously affects me. So even when something like Fujiko happens, well, of course I lament the unfortunate mistakes that were made but it's not hard for me to just shake my head and move on.

I have no interest in going through what I went through with the finale to Lost again.

I take it you didn't watch Prometheus yet. Lol. :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So I shows I should watch in the future are:
Hermes: Wings of Love
The Laws of the Sun
The Golden Laws
The Rebirth of Buddah

trejo

So it seems Fat Xerox ended on a good note after all. That's nice to know.

I look forward to maybe finishing it at some unspecified point in the future.

/XX/

That Ryo-timo, man:

Sakuga Dump #4 : Ryo-chimo - News - Manganimation.net, Manga Anime, news & reviews
http://www.manganimation.net/news/2008/06/sakuga-dump-4-ryo-chimo

So what you're saying is that in the last 2 years CG action in anime has been getting more wild and interesting? I agree! :)
And he is also implying that it hasn't happened outside SANZINGEN Inc. works!

Narag

Lupin III (1971) 20

Those transforming huts were incredible. The island's inhabitants reaction upon seeing Lupin's picture? Priceless. I've such a soft spot for Lupin pursuing matters of pride like this and the previous episode.

survivor

Banned
Bakemonogatari 12

Take Araragi and Senjougahara and put them in a car together talking for 10 minutes. Brilliant. I loved the last name calling bit with her dad. Oh and they just did my favourite anime thing and started playing the ED song right before the episode ends.

I was kinda surprised that they ignored all the Hanekawa stuff and focused on Senjou only, but then when I saw how the episode ended, I realized this was the last episode for the TV version.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Bakemonogatari 12

Take Araragi and Senjougahara and put them in a car together talking for 10 minutes. Brilliant. I loved the last name calling bit with her dad. Oh and they just did my favourite anime thing and started playing the ED song right before the episode ends.

I was kinda surprised that they ignored all the Hanekawa stuff and focused on Senjou only, but then when I saw how the episode ended, I realized this was the last episode for the TV version.

Best episode.

Jex

Bakemonogatari 12

I think it's more interesting to note that as soon as the ED starts playing you realise that lyrics in the ED are actually talking about the scene that you're watching (the specific constellations that Senjoughara points out are mentioned) as the TV series comes to a close, and that ED was in fact always a reference to this particular moment in the story, which is very neat because it means that the close of each episode was always talking about the close of the series as a whole.

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 22
So, I like the show when they are talking about the strange things that are occurring or when the strange things are going on. That's pretty cool and stuff.
Don't really like watching Haruhi boss everyone around. That's boring.
This show would be cooler if it was just case studies of weird events that happen around Haruhi instead of actually having to watch her order stuff.

survivor

Banned
I think it's more interesting to note that as soon as the ED starts playing you realise that lyrics in the ED are actually talking about the scene that you're watching (the specific constellations that Senjoughara points out are mentioned) as the TV series comes to a close, and that ED was in fact always a reference to this particular moment in the story, which is very neat because it means that the close of each episode was always talking about the close of the series as a whole.

Oh wow, I never knew that. Even though the ED song is one of my all time favourites, I never once bothered to look up the lyrics.

Kagami

It's not the cost that bothers me. I make more money than I can spend, I just don't buy a blu-ray unless it's for a show that I think is really worth it.
I don't exactly have more money than I can spend, but that's still similar to how I feel.

For me there's a big gulf between "eh that was good but I don't need to see it again" and "omg I must own this in the best version possible," with pretty much nothing in between. So I'm either happy to pay Japanese prices or I don't care about buying it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom