• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1stStrike

Banned
You mean the 5 second line inserted into the joke intro where he gets reported for blowing half the school up and the principal is being bribed to let it go? Yeah, that really got some sympathy!

Wait, are you watching FMP Fumoffo without having watched the original FMP?

Uchip

Banned
I'm not gonna lie, if it lives up to the manga, it will be many times better than the F/SN anime was. Seriously.

Thats not really a big feat :p
that picture is giving off unsavory tones though after watching fate zero
going from that to what looks like magical girl is a bit of a disconnect

My room looks fairly different now.
Ill post some updated stuff when I get off work.
I like how its working out and now I have enough space to give every anime disc a place to stay.

oh yeah, there were going to be pics werent there

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Wait, are you watching FMP Fumoffo without having watched the original FMP?

My informant told me I didn't need to watch the original... also, considering the huge change in tone between fumoffu and the "real" series, it shouldn't really matter what his actual past is, right?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yup. The author stated that he originally just wanted to make a hard sci fi series, but he thought it wouldn't sell so he moefied it. ^^
Pffff. Japan. :(
Well, I suppose I should blame the anime producers for the wacky ending as well. :p

Yes, it's the fujoshi factor. You may have noticed that Gintama occasionally makes jokes about that, such as a fake DVD cover featuring Gintama and Hijikata in suggestive poses.
I don't know what you're talking about. That was the best arc of the series!

1stStrike

Banned
My informant told me I didn't need to watch the original... also, considering the huge change in tone between fumoffu and the "real" series, it shouldn't really matter what his actual past is, right?

you should shoot your informant

+1

After shooting your informant, go back and watch FMP and then watch Fumoffu. Sure, Fumoffu leans more towards comedy, but you're missing out on back story and character building from the original. Quite a bit, actually.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
+1

After shooting your informant, go back and watch FMP and then watch Fumoffu. Sure, Fumoffu leans more towards comedy, but you're missing out on back story and character building from the original. Quite a bit, actually.

I only wanted comedy though.

Uchip

Banned
FMP and second raid also have the same fumoffu style of comedy
but they give you a rest from it, which is nice

I havent watched fmp either.
Didnt seem necessary to enjoy fumoffu.

its not necessary but it helps with characterization

now skipping Eureka 7 for its "sequel" is criminal

1stStrike

Banned
I only wanted comedy though.

I havent watched fmp either.
Didnt seem necessary to enjoy fumoffu.

Ah, you guys are killing me. Bullets right through my heart.

FMP and second raid also have the same fumoffu style of comedy
but they give you a rest from it, which is nice

Yes. It's not like FMP is all srz bizness. There's comedy in it, but along the way you get back story and character development as well which bolsters Fumoffu. It's not like the serious parts are bad either - there's some good mecha action in it. Definitely not something that should be skipped, imo.

wonzo

Banned
15,397 - Gintama Season 1
15,171 - Gintama Season 2
15,282 - Gintama Season 3
12,720 - Gintama Season 4
12,748 - Gintama'

It's a big cash cow for Sunrise.
don't forget the movie + jump specials!

Gintama Jump Anime Tour 2008 & 2005 (OVA) (Sunrise)
2009/09/30 76,097 (Two OVA episodes)

Gekijouban Gintama: Shinyaku Benizakura-hen (Movie) 139,350 (cumulative sales of all versions) (Sunrise)
2010/12/15 119,291 Limited Edition
2010/12/15 *20,059 Standard Edition

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It isn't?!
Pffff!

don't forget the movie + jump specials!

Gintama Jump Anime Tour 2008 & 2005 (OVA) (Sunrise)
2009/09/30 76,097 (Two OVA episodes)

Gekijouban Gintama: Shinyaku Benizakura-hen (Movie) 139,350 (cumulative sales of all versions) (Sunrise)
2010/12/15 119,291 Limited Edition
2010/12/15 *20,059 Standard Edition
I wonder why they don't bother with the BD market. But then again, if it's just girls buying it, there's no reason to I suppose.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I'm not gonna lie, if it lives up to the manga, it will be many times better than the F/SN anime was. Seriously.

That'snot very difficult for a show to do.

Fate/Stay Night's story/writing is doujin level writing. Not sure how it got so bloody popular. Oh wait Rin. Oh Japan...

Fate/Zero is better in this regard, just a shame they had to shove a bunch of shit in there to connect to Fate/Stay Night... >>;

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 24
CFI1D.jpg
This show would be a lot more awesome if it was supernatural events happening all the time, and Kyon has to choose a love interest.
But this episode wasn't bad as it finally meant I think, this boring arc to be over with!

wonzo

Banned
Poyopoyo 25

In this episode, we learn about the folly of materialism.

Pffff!

I wonder why they don't bother with the BD market. But then again, if it's just girls buying it, there's no reason to I suppose.
Well, it's not like the latest series was animated in HD to begin with!

Funny coincidence you guys are talking about Gintama stuff now, because they just released the 30-second PV for Binbougami ga:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GUa7o22U8w

Though unfortunately, it doesn't really seem to contain much more than the previous CM...
oh well, it's better than nothing

Funny coincidence you guys are talking about Gintama stuff now, because they just released the 30-second PV for Binbougami ga:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GUa7o22U8w

Though unfortunately, it doesn't really seem to contain much more than the previous CM...

Random things happening, screaming everywhere, sounds cool.

Poyopoyo 25
Extreme roundcat sliding. This does remind me I need to clean up stuff someday.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Space Brothers 11-12

The scene with the
failed mission's astronauts' final moments
is pretty damn awesome, haha. "Past that episode, Lost World sucked."

... And Mutta's reaction is perfect:

Heavy stuff.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of this exam. I love these human interactions-focused experiments... And the Mutta + Serika duo is delicious to watch.

Easily the best girl of the season.

cajunator

Banned
Space Brothers 11-12

The scene with the
failed mission's astronauts' final moments
is pretty damn awesome, haha. "Past that episode, Lost World sucked."

... And Mutta's reaction is perfect:

Heavy stuff.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of this exam. I love these human interactions-focused experiments... And the Mutta + Serika duo is delicious to watch.

Easily the best girl of the season.

Serika is supercute. No lie.

survivor

Banned
Bodacious Space Pirates 11

Oh you thought that loli character was bad and pointless? Well fuck you, have another loli.

I really try hard to like the anime and sometimes when they get to the space action, it gets really good, but most of the time it's is just hampered by the overly long and confusing technobabble and for being too "anime".

I don't see anything that wasn't in the first chapter of the manga.
Not denying that but I just feel they are better off not highlighting the fanservice portions in these short trailers.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Bodacious Space Pirates 11

Oh you thought that loli character was bad and pointless? Well fuck you, have another loli.

I really try hard to like the anime and sometimes when they get to the space action, it gets really good, but most of the time it's is just hampered by the overly long and confusing technobabble and for being too "anime".

Fortunately the second space loli > first space loli.

How did Tsubasa end up? I remember buying the first manga volume way back then.

It got to being quite intense and pretty epic as it got through the course, and everyone developed so well, there were mindblowing twists. Only thing I disliked was they could have honestly kept it going for much longer instead of ending it, but its up there with spiral as my favorite concluded manga.

Terrible that it didnt receive a full anime adaptation :(

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
It got to being quite intense and pretty epic as it got through the course, and everyone developed so well, there were mindblowing twists. Only thing I disliked was they could have honestly kept it going for much longer instead of ending it, but its up there with spiral as my favorite concluded manga.

Terrible that it didnt receive a full anime adaptation :(

That's good to hear. I'll look into it, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom