• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1stStrike

Banned
This sums up Noein's story pretty well.

noein126wkmv.jpg

Narag

Lupin III (1971) 21

Phew, I thought this was going to be another one of those Lupin acting out of character for a cute girl incidents. Coming through for his father's friend and his wishes? Spot on. The kidnapped girl was infuriating initially but the second half of the episode did a great job of overcoming the first.

qcf x2

Fate/Zero - I knew it was a prequel and so it was kind of inevitable, but damn I wasn't feeling the way things ended.

Especially because I'll probably have to suffer through Stay/Night now. Still, thanks for the ride Ufotable.

Defuser

Kobato ep 1
oh my, 24 episodes worth of Kana Hanazawa angelic goodness is gonna be hnngh. I don't think I can make it through. This show is quite a charm and some fun.

BzgBX.jpg

Can't have a Clamp show without some homage to Cardcaptor Sakura.

E1De9.jpg

So apparently having a long hair ponytail and looking like some shady conman makes you cool with the ladies or maybe this ladies just have fucking bad taste.

UMwIA.jpg

oh god help me, Kana Hanazawa making those cute noises nearly left me dead. Lord Cajun-sama, I need your strength to help me absorb this moe goodness.

EuKCq.jpg

You see this motherfucker here? He's a fucking wet blanket to the show itself. Stop destroying this show with your fuck-up attitude and leave Kobato alone!

Ultimadrago

Kids on the Slope 11

ijSzE.png

Well, this was cleared up quickly.

Sen, Ri'ko and Kaoru all at working hard to prepare for the festival was nice but then,

Halfway point occurrence reaction:
...Look man, I just came for some jazz.

That said, I'd be lying if I said that an
act of "end game" drama
would be completely surprising coming from the series.

Ah well, still looking forward to the finale.

Heck, maybe they'll be able to squeeze one timeskip lengthier performance somewhere in there.

Bullza2o

Fate/Zero 25

Truly a masterpiece. I recently finished Fate/Stay Night (right before the start of Fate Zero Season 2) and although I knew how both stories were going to be connected I was still moved by this powerful episode. I had chills all throughout the finale, especially right at the end. I guess having recently learned about what was going to happen intensified my excitement.

To be honest, before I watched Fate Zero episode 1 when it came out in the fall I never heard of the Fate series. Now Fate Zero has turned me into a huge Fate series fan. Thanks ufotable for making such a masterpiece. Hope we get to see Heaven's Feel soon.

qcf x2

You know what's messed up? I just finished Persona 3 Portable this past week. Between that, the rainy weather and Fate/Zero I need a happy boost. I would re-watch one of my favorite series, but they all (and I mean all) end melancholic-ally, or bittersweet at best. Maybe I do this to myself, lol.

I hope there's a show in the upcoming season that's half as good as Fate/Zero was. ;)

I hope there's a show in the upcoming season that's half as good as Fate/Zero was. ;)

You should be a bit more realistic. 10% as good as F/Z was is a more achievable goal.

Really, instead of abusing yourselves with the F/SN anime, you should go watch Kara no Kyoukai instead. Also produced by ufotable with a similar tone and animation quality, though it suffers from an excess of Nasu pseudo-philosophical mumbo-jumbo and also used SD character art pasted on a mix of SD/HD backgrounds.

Instro

MGX 12

Really enjoyed this episode. Nice relationship progress and the return of crazy dreamland!

Also lots of censorship, gotta get them blurays.

wonzo

Banned
Folktales from Japan 13

Be wary of raccoons that can turn into pots and like to scam priests, bearded transforming foxes that have a kink for shaving peoples heads and careless know-it-alls that may just end up randomly running into your home and punching your significant other!

Demon King Daimao 2 -3

When the anime isnt focused on trying to make Akuto Sai seem pervy
having to pull the girl assigned to him, her tail which means touching her butt panty shots and tons of random dull jokes
its actually good to exceptional at times. School setting for battles and extremely powerful magic are great and the magic complements his personality well. He seems so overpowered for the universe and I just cant get enough of him figuring out the skills.
effortlessly causing people to levitate and suffocate, twisting their legs, powerful AOE shields and electricity blasts resulting in his own clothes ripping

Narag

Sailor Moon S 120

I love Tomoe so much.
Such an awesome, awesome villain. Laid back, patient, has a great evil laugh, and amazingly manipulative in how he handles his subordinates. So much backstabbing among them for his favor. His backstory was appropriately tragic too.
On that note, suck it, Mimete.

Episode had some great gags what with the security guard and how the other senshi sort of overrode Usagi's speech. I think this might be the first episode where they (Usagi being the exception) used called attacks heavily without stock footage too.

I don't think I've been bored once with any of the Death Busters scenes in their base. Great antagonists all around and like the Dark Kingdom stuff in the first series, they add so much to the show overall.

Pooya

one my friends has read Sword Art Online light novels and likes it a lot, well we'll see, I'm looking forward to it because of Yuki Kajiura, there is nothing else worthwhile coming up anyway.

Koroviev

Kids on the Slope 11

Sen, Ri'ko and Kaoru all at working hard to prepare for the festival was nice but then,

Halfway point occurrence reaction:
...Look man, I just came for some jazz.

That said, I'd be lying if I said that an
act of "end game" drama
would be completely surprising coming from the series.

Ah well, still looking forward to the finale.

Heck, maybe they'll be able to squeeze one timeskip lengthier performance somewhere in there.

Damn, I forgot how short this series is. How has it been since the genki character was introduced? I'm several weeks behind, but I prefer it that way. Then I can just marathon it ;)

Fate/Zero - Fin~

...meh. It was a great episode of anime, yes, but as the finale of Fate/Zero it was really underwhelming. Out of the major characters, I feel like only
Kariya and Waver
were really done justice by this semi-epilogue. Whether it was the limited runtime or the show being a prequel, everyone else's stories were either shoved along or unfinished.

The more I think about it, the more pissed off I get that we can only see the real Fate/Zero on BD. What was the point of watching a blatantly incomplete and inferior version of the show?

Don't get me wrong -- I really enjoyed the series and it's going down as one of my most liked -- but that's very much in spite of the show's relentless self-sabotage.

Ultimadrago

Damn, I forgot how short this series is. How has it been since the genki character was introduced? I'm several weeks behind, but I prefer it that way. Then I can just marathon it ;)

It's been fine enough. Minor spoilers on "the fang character" situation :
They resolved the "issue" with them quite smoothly leading into one of my more favored episodes.They show up from time to time, but never enough to make an impact like upon their introduction.

Overall, more delving into the romantic elements (sadly, less jazz than I want), but all-in-all I'm still glad I'm on the ride.

f/z fin

Having to bridget his was f/sn... you only can do so much :/

It worked out well enough though. Odd that they didn't really hint at why
the next holy grail war was happening prematurely.

Now time to play fsn vn! Fuck that anime :)

1stStrike

Banned
Fate/Zero - Fin~

...meh. It was a great episode of anime, yes, but as the finale of Fate/Zero it was really underwhelming. Out of the major characters, I feel like only
Kariya and Waver
were really done justice by this semi-epilogue. Whether it was the limited runtime or the show being a prequel, everyone else's stories were either shoved along or unfinished.

The more I think about it, the more pissed off I get that we can only see the real Fate/Zero on BD. What was the point of watching a blatantly incomplete and inferior version of the show?

Don't get me wrong -- I really enjoyed the series and it's going down as one of my most liked -- but that's very much in spite of the show's relentless self-sabotage.

You forgot Saber. :(

Articalys

Super Space Brothers 13

Excellent episode. Neil deGrasse Tyson would be proud.

By the way, here's a real photo of the astronaut who gave the cameo speech, Soichi Noguchi:
They did a pretty good job with his anime appearance, no?

Next week we get the new OP by Sukima Switch! Looking forward to it.

You forgot Saber. :(
<insert joke about Saber being a forgettable character>

Kidding. I was kind of confused by her ending.
Was that battlefield just meant to draw a connection between her failure to protect her kingdom and her failure to protect the city, or was she literally transported back to that place? If the latter: wat?

1stStrike

Banned
<insert joke about Saber being a forgettable character>

Kidding. I was kind of confused by her ending.
Was that battlefield just meant to draw a connection between her failure to protect her kingdom and her failure to protect the city, or was she literally transported back to that place? If the latter: wat?

It's the latter, but go back and watch episode 11 again. That should clear things up. She's brought back to
the time she regretted and everything she wanted to change with the grail. Having failed to change her fate and never become king she's now forced to live as king once more.

/XX/

tqjol.png

So the timer was a countdown until
Kiritsugu is "saved" by saving Shirou? I can deal with that
I assumed that 'Zero' was for the new era, the one of the "Next Generation Children", because of how the timer keep counting after that. A countdown until (to) the beginning of the things to come that are already familiar for the franchise followers.

It's the latter, but go back and watch episode 11 again. She's brought back to
the time she regretted and everything she wanted to change with the grail. Having failed to change her fate and never become king she's now forced to live as king once more.
She is literally brought back there, it's not something that makes sense without Fsn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom