• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Panty & Stocking ep 1 (dub)

Probably one of the most boring anime Ive watched as of late. Panty has such a terrible personality and Stocking seems to be just doing whatever, she doesnt even have any redeeming features to make her stand at least above the constantly pantyless panty, well maybe the blue color scheme but thats it. Many of the jokes fell flat and the animation had me constantly checking if this was actually, anime? The green thing was probably the best character buts that not saying much since its essentially worthless, and the narrator guy or the dude that is just with them and constantly changing outfits (priest dude in the first skit with the sewage waste) was just random and not funny.

The music is nice and the words being animated or used in place of animating models or whatever was an interesting choice. Rather confused why an irl friend suggested me to watch this, hopefully its only eleven more episodes and no more.

Uchip

Banned
Panty & Stocking ep 1 (dub)

Probably one of the most boring anime Ive watched as of late. Panty has such a terrible personality and Stocking seems to be just doing whatever, she doesnt even have any redeeming features to make her stand at least above the constantly pantyless panty, well maybe the blue color scheme but thats it. Many of the jokes fell flat and the animation had me constantly checking if this was actually, anime? The green thing was probably the best character buts that not saying much since its essentially worthless, and the narrator guy or the dude that is just with them and constantly changing outfits (priest dude in the first skit with the sewage waste) was just random and not funny.

The music is nice and the words being animated or used in place of animating models or whatever was an interesting choice. Rather confused why an irl friend suggested me to watch this, hopefully its only eleven more episodes and no more.

dont worry
theres plenty of male nudity

jbug617

Banned
FSN 1-3

I understand the game but how do they play the game without people outside the game knowing?

Was interested in getting the Fate Zero boxset but man that's a lot of money. Couldn't they make a cheaper version in the future.

Have you read all of those?

Multiple times?

Clan of the Nakagamis, Bakuman, Fairy Tail at least.

Definitely expected your anime collection to be bigger.

I'm surprised to see your Bleach set missing a lot of the earlier volumes. You should get the box set that has the first 21 volumes, it saves you around 50 bucks.

I just wanted the Arrancar Saga for Bleach that was really where Kubo hooked me in and where his art got really good for Ichigo, and the action, same for Naruto, though Ive fallen behind in both manga and Fairy Tail so I need to catch up, thankfully amazon has 4 for 3 cells so tons of manga buying this summer!

I didnt branch out from buying anime other than Bleach and Naruto until Summer 2010

Go_Ly_Dow

FATE/ZERO 25- FINALE

5 MINS IN AND THIS IS JUST ONE BIG FUCKING TROLL

KARIIIYAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! THE DREAM WAS SO DAMN CLOSE :( ;_;

Kagami

Bodacious Space Pirates 11

Oh you thought that loli character was bad and pointless?
I don't recall ever thinking that!

I opened up BD vol.4 earlier today and discovered these lovely images on the inner case jacket.

In the mini-drama on the soundtrack CD for this volume,
at one point Mami comments on the possibility of a super-weapon hidden beneath the school that will combine with the Odette II to form a giant robot, which, with Omigawa voicing her, made me think of Elena Peoples.

Chiaki (Kurihara, not Omigawa) responded to that idea with "That wouldn't surprise me at all, coming from that novel author and that anime director. Wait a minute... At the point they're writing lines like this into this script, maybe they're already thinking about it!?"

Go_Ly_Dow

fate/zero 25 - finish

amazing. my favourite show in years and a really great conclusion.

now we must all collectively believe that ufotable will remake fate/stay night....

f/z:
I think we all know who the real winner is--
Kariya got his waifu, and his kawaii girls.

mnight was right.

that single scene made this one of the most satisfying finale's in history!

i never stopped believing ;_;

wonzo

Banned
Korra no Densetsu 11-12 END

what%20the%20hell%20was%20that.gif

Instro

Fate/Zero 25

The best parts were
Kariya almost making it happen, but blowing it anyway, and Kirei looking all smug when he gives Rin the knife and she starts crying. Some quality suffering in this finale you know.

I don't quite understand why
Gilgemesh lived while Saber died? I guess the grail granted Kirei's wish instead of Kiritsugu's because the latter decided to forgo his wish?

Also (FSN spoilers)
why was Kiritsugu unable to destroy the grail, yet in FSN Shiro was able to do so? Was it because one servant was still alive, while in FSN they defeated everyone?

Solid ending to a great series, they should just do a completely original anime entry into the Fate series with Gen Butch writing rather than adapting any of the other Type Moon works or remaking FSN.

Thats not really a big feat :p
that picture is giving off unsavory tones though after watching fate zero
going from that to what looks like magical girl is a bit of a disconnect

Huhuhu~ It is magical girl, but the fighting remains the same and as awesome as ever. And yes, there are copious amounts of blood, unusual for the magical girl genre.

1stStrike

Banned
So, I'm 19 episodes into Noein and my verdict so far is that it really shines with the fight scenes (especially the music), but the story is kind of a clusterfuck. Here's hoping that things come together in the remaining episodes.

So, I'm 19 episodes into Noein and my verdict so far is that it really shines with the fight scenes (especially the music), but the story is kind of a clusterfuck. Here's hoping that things come together in the remaining episodes.

The fight scenes are great, especially being hand-drawn sans
the La'cryma giants
. Even after watching the series at least three times, I cannot come to comprehend the story, but I do tend to over think the smallest of details.

Fate/Zero 25

Gilgemesh lived while Saber died? I guess the grail granted Kirei's wish instead of Kiritsugu's because the latter decided to forgo his wish?

The mud of the Grail spilled over him and gave him a fleshy body and somewhat corrupted him [FSN spoiler]
(he says it didn't and that if was to do so it needed its strength tripled at least).
Though the Grail wasn't what it was made to be it was still powerful not just from the energy it built up but from the Servants it had also absorbed.

Also (FSN spoilers)
why was Kiritsugu unable to destroy the grail, yet in FSN Shiro was able to do so? Was it because one servant was still alive, while in FSN they defeated everyone?

IIRC the Grail System itself was dismantled later on by
Rin and an adult Waver, who has made it as Lord El-Melloi II. Had they not, the HGW would have started again at a future date

Fate/Zero 25
Gil was bathed in the grail mud, which gave him a physical form. Saber wasn't touched by that and simply disappeared once the grail was no long around to keep her in the world. The wish stuff didn't make a ton of sense, it was probably just a sloppy way to fit it in with FSN continuity where it is stated that Kotomine's wish was the cause of the fire.
Also (FSN spoilers)
Shirou doesn't really destroy the grail outside of the HF route either. There are really two grails, the "greater grail" that summons the servants is still intact.

Kids on the Slope 8:
Weird episode, and a bit uneven. There were some silly moments, and a few too many coincidences for my taste. But I did find the focus on political activism interesting. It's nice to see an anime showing subject matter that is typically shied away from. I like how the Kaoru/Sentarou relationship has evolved, too. The way some of the romance elements were handled felt kind of heavy handed, though.

Panty and Stocking 2 (dub)
tumblr_ln6llkCnr61qjffzro1_500.jpg

Definitely the best character in the anime, he needed to be in both skits and with so much more screentime. Hopefully he returns for the rest of the anime for he blew both the sex obsessed Panty and the definitely and permanently stuck in the background Stocking away. The second skit was actually really really terrible, if I may say it in the kindest way possible. So much stuff about it was just out there
sex and the date city, naked people covered in sushi, sex tape at the movie premiere, uploaded to youtube, bribing people
. The anime is so dumb and silly at types. This anime is tied for me with the most terrible lead character awards (with Medaka Box, Medaka), they really are going to extreme lenghts to make me dislike both of them.

Instro

Gil was bathed in the grail mud, which gave him a physical form. Saber wasn't touched by that and simply disappeared once the grail was no long around to keep her in the world. The wish stuff didn't make a ton of sense, it was probably just a sloppy way to fit it in with FSN continuity where it is stated that Kotomine's wish was the cause of the fire.
Shirou doesn't really destroy the grail outside of the HF route either. There are really two grails, the "greater grail" that summons the servants is still intact.

Ah ok, I was thinking that Saber had been splashed with the grail goo too. As for the FSN stuff, I was just recalling what happened in the anime. Judging from yours and Wheeljacks comments its more clear in the visual novel what happens with the grail.

Ultimadrago

Korra no Densetsu 10

I've been quite behind, but "whatever".

There was more action in this episode, which is nice.

The kids
jumping in to join the fight made me cringe.
Moments like that almost never fail to rub me the wrong way.

Finally,
Lin, I salute your bending powers.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't recall ever thinking that!

I opened up BD vol.4 earlier today and discovered these lovely images on the inner case jacket.

In the mini-drama on the soundtrack CD for this volume,
at one point Mami comments on the possibility of a super-weapon hidden beneath the school that will combine with the Odette II to form a giant robot, which, with Omigawa voicing her, made me think of Elena Peoples.

Chiaki (Kurihara, not Omigawa) responded to that idea with "That wouldn't surprise me at all, coming from that novel author and that anime director. Wait a minute... At the point they're writing lines like this into this script, maybe they're already thinking about it!?"
Sounds like the latest episode of Akiba Ranger. :p

Korra no Densetsu 11-12 END

what%20the%20hell%20was%20that.gif
Yep.

Narag

Fate/Stay Night 5

Shirou feels Saber isn't getting to live like a normal girl and introduces her at dinner. Shirou's teacher and Sakura are jealous of filthy gaijin girl. Solution? Sword fight for rights to Shirou and spending the night to make sure Saber doesn't do any harm.
God damn it.

So I figured this kind of thing would be saved for the teacher as sort of a comic relief element while everyone else mostly stays on model and retained some sense of seriousness.

I thought wrong.

I can't handle anymore of this today.

ilnegl2gyj8ne.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Fate/Zero 25

The journey is over and man what a journey it was. The best show I have watched in years.

Waver
, forever moe and forever the best character.
The proof of this is he is the only one in this show to get anything resembling a happy ending, and when Kerrytugu fails and dies, Kirei gets whats coming in FSN reaping the seeds he sowed in F/Z, that means Waver is the only survivor of this war in the end.

The final scene where Kerrytugu dies is so sad and the show actually makes Shiro not seem like an insufferable piece of shit which he was for the every single second of FSN.

Poor Kariya. And poor, poor Rin :(

It's a shame there won't ever be a sequel in anime form. I'd watch it.

1stStrike

Banned
Fate/Stay Night 5

Shirou feels Saber isn't getting to live like a normal girl and introduces her at dinner. Shirou's teacher and Sakura are jealous of filthy gaijin girl. Solution? Sword fight for rights to Shirou and spending the night to make sure Saber doesn't do any harm.
God damn it.

So I figured this kind of thing would be saved for the teacher as sort of a comic relief element while everyone else mostly stays on model and retained some sense of seriousness.

I thought wrong.

I can't handle anymore of this today.

This is delicious.

I await more of your facepalm-inducing suffering heart-filled journey!

The suffering... it is indeed delicious. I knew this kind of thing would happen after FZ.

evil-overlord.jpg

survivor

Banned
Bodacious Space Pirates 12

Well that's more like it, a very entertaining episode about exploring a ghost ship. I also liked how they resolved everything very peacefully.

This rose breeding stuff was totally lost on me. Did they actually talk about it before or hint at it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom