• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Found this on the webz. Pretty much nails it.

gilisfabulous.jpg

Theonik

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/...AL720pmp4_snapshot_0512_20120623_231040-1.png
Passion.
-
So yeah, i just finished Fate/Zero ep25...i feel like i missed something.
He's showing off now. lol

From the looks of it, i need to watch Fate/Stay Night for this ending to make some sense
It's one of the weaknesses of F/Z that it's tied to FS/N so a lot of the things don't get fully resolved per say. Though most of the things you are confused about make sense and you probably need to re-watch when the BDs come out. I wouldn't strictly recommend watching FS/N, it's pretty badly made, has some redeeming features like some fights and some things that you could appreciate from having watched F/Z like
the contrasts of the main protagonists, being father and son.

Jex

Looks pretty good from the 3 seconds of hand picked footage! Magi is good stuff so I really hope they do a decent job.

Perhaps that's all they've animated so far!

I suppose they'll have a campaign where they'll roll out slightly longer trailers as it comes closer to airing.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Cosmic and Dresden got me to read the manga. It's pretty good, I've gone through 4 volumes now!
Lies. You are only in the hype train because of the staff. (which hasn't been revealed yet but y'know it's going be awesome).

From the looks of it, i need to watch Fate/Stay Night for this ending to make some sense

This often happens with prequels...

I'm going to really start playing the F/SN VN after I finish up F/Z tomorrow. I've had the VN awhile now but haven't really gotten around to it but now that F/Z is over I really should seriously tackle it. If anybody wants, I can make a thread about this for anyone else who's interested in playing the VN for the first time.

Jex

30 seconds of handpicked animation!

Well, of course. But even when it's just a trailer, which you'd obviously want to construct out your best scenes, some shows still end up looking rough.

Not that anyone in the anime business seems to know how to construct an interesting trailer anyway.

Defuser

My speculation for magi voice casting so far

Ali baba - Atsushi Abe
Sinbad - Takehito Koyasu

Aladdin and Mor is a bit difficult to visualise cause I have several VAs in mind for Mor and not many VA can pull off a young boy voice.

Aladdin - Kugimiya Rie (Alphonse Eric voice), Marina Inoue.
Morigana - Eri Kitamura, Marina Inoue.

Or A1 can go for the unexpected and use new VA instead which I doubt so.

Jex

[Gunslinger Girl] - 5

I had forgotten just how impressive this series is. Everything about the production is pitch-perfect and the direction is coldly effective. To convincingly pull of such a scenario without succumbing to any of the dreaded 'anime tropes' is remarkable. So far, at least, it hasn't taken a step out of place.

This episode performs a dual-purpose role in that it tells a complete story in 22 minutes and it helps flesh out the world and characters that exist in the show. It's a very simple story of a character named Rovaldo who comes into the agency to be a handler for a new girl that they've acquired. As the agency is staffed by clinical, cold and efficient military figures you essentially know what to expect from the Rovaldo and his interactions with his trainee.

What's unusual about his arc is that Rovaldo doesn't change as a character, it's just his ability to sit idly by and witness the inhumane practices carried out by the agency diminishes over time. This explains why most of the characters in the show have similar outlooks when it comes to using the girls and a similar coldness when it comes to their job. No other kind of human being would be ale to work for the agency.

One scene in particular stands out very clearly. Rovaldo is very brash and he's quick to hit those he sees as doing something very stupid. This leads to a nasty confrontation during target practice where one single mistake nearly leads to situation where people are getting killed. There's no need for the girls to reach for their weapons - it's not like Jose is in serious danger - but that doesn't stop the situation escalating badly. This nicely underscores the result of the girls 'training' and how they don't have anyway to deal with any kind of social conflict without resorting to extreme violence. When Henrietta picks up the whole bench in one swift movement we're also reminded that these girls posses enormous physical strength and enhanced abilities, something that isn't always obvious when they're just shooting fools.

gunslingergirl5.png

Oh, and the show looks really good as well. Nice, fluid animation, 2D cars and, gun-recoil sakuga. Firehawk would approve!

Uchip

Banned
Ive found out what One Piece is

Gold Roger ie. his Roger is made of gold
his penis is made of gold
the will of D is the will of Dicks
and he left it there at that place

Mature

[Gunslinger Girl] - 5

I had forgotten just how impressive this series is. Everything about the production is pitch-perfect and the direction is coldly effective. To convincingly pull of such a scenario without succumbing to any of the dreaded 'anime tropes' is remarkable. So far, at least, it hasn't taken a step out of place.
Really? I had all, but avoided this show because I was sure that'd be the case. If that ends up being the case throughout the rest of the series, I'm interested in giving it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom