• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go_Ly_Dow

Wanna know something amazing? I marathoned the entire series Fate Stay Night in one sitting.
And I liked it!

are you human?

Kirei.jpg

i had to pause that scene to try and decipher if it actually passed as a smile or not.

no idea what this is, but duckroll-hype = automatic watch

Dresden

Accel World - 11

I somewhat regret just looking up the summaries for the last ten episodes on wikipedia.

That was fun. It's the silly 2d mecha action show that takes itself way too seriously that I've been lacking in my life. All the somber dramatics over a random betrayal in this MMO was amusing in itself, but then things started blowing up and it was like, cool.

24wnil.jpg

I don't think I'll ever go back and watch those earlier episodes or anything (just reading the summaries was kind of painful), but I'm pretty excited to see how it ends.

diutOl.jpg

And man, Snowblack-Hime-Senpai is my waifu. She's like the ultimate magical girlfriend.

Defuser

Kobato ep 12
How nice to have a show about a girl who heal people's grieve with her companion who is once part of a realm with Satan, God, Spir....Wait what?

no idea what this is, but duckroll-hype = automatic watch
I would suggest to read the manga but watching the show without any knowledge is a better idea on showing how epic this anime/manga would be.

duckroll

More Idolmaster anime on the way!

http://www.4gamer.net/games/171/G017161/20120624001/

The TV anime staff are working on new animated episodes of Idolmaster for the release of the new PSP game. The PSP game is being released in 3 different versions, and each version will have a different episode included with the package. Each episode is a full length 23 minute episode, they're basically working on 3 OVAs to help push the sales of the PSP title.

Trailer footage: http://t.co/zv2QYRqS

tumblr_m64i28m2Ba1qghcbao1_400.gif

Has good action and character design, already have a favorite.

Hiiro No Kakera 13

That was so worth twelve previous episodes. Tamayori hime got all epic and such! Wow, she is definitely the best princess that Ive seen so far. When she got into that serious mode and went all " I command you", it was nice. She and Takuma are also so great and then Mahiro getting all emotional too.
Actually loved the embrace scene when she pulled Takuma out of the Oni state and the gold was floating around as she first awakened, and then when she commanded him to calm down as he nearly lost control yet again with the Onikirimaru, which is a sword, who would have thought that? That was actually nice, hopefully he uses it next half too

Mahiro has been my favorite fighter and then second would be Takuma, wind looked so great especially against the guy Mahiro always fights, and then Takuma against Eins.

This anime has been good and well worth it so far. Second half in the fall cant come fast enough.

Instro

Good trailer. I'll have to look in on the manga, the premise and setting sound interesting though. I wonder how many people watched AGE for this lol.

Well, of course. But even when it's just a trailer, which you'd obviously want to construct out your best scenes, some shows still end up looking rough.

Not that anyone in the anime business seems to know how to construct an interesting trailer anyway.

Hey that Lupin trailer was pretty good!

Hunter x Hunter 36
tumblr_m63wvd4IQG1rz3f2fo1_500.gif

Well that was a terrible fight.
The protagonist is supposed to go all out and destroy the opponent. Gon wasnt supposed to be that beat up and lose, and even worst attempt to blame it on the referee. Hisoka actually rose to the occasion and was pretty epic with just Bungee Gum. Surely gon could have used some nen special attacks or whatever, not just simple punches. Im really disappointed in him. Hopefully if Gon faces him again he will actually be more impressive.

Anyway the visuals were really good especially with the water droplets and all that Hisoka emphasis, hes pretty crazy and intense about Gon.

Next episode looks great and fun with Killua and Gon, cant wait.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

The TV anime staff are working on new animated episodes of Idolmaster for the release of the new PSP game. The PSP game is being released in 3 different versions, and each version will have a different episode included with the package. Each episode is a full length 23 minute episode, they're basically working on 3 OVAs to help push the sales of the PSP title.
Which will live longer, The PSP or Idolm@ster?

Magi's looking pretty good, so far. It's easy to pick material that looks like decent sakuga, however, and the real test for the animators is animating the rest of the scenes, without the need for flashy action and all that.

1stStrike

Banned
Almost at the conclusion for Noein. The mood, setting and music all really comes together well here.

noein13h38f3.jpg

noein14238n5.jpg

I need a gif of this guy dancing.

noein15h78kr.jpg

And cue epic music.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hermes - Wings of Love

YU1wSl.jpg

This film, in the Happy Science series, is brought to you by the letter i.

As a film this isn't so offensive to the brain as Laws of Eternity since it's basically an anime adaption of Greek Mythology mixed into a blender, with the biggest helping being the story of Theseus and the Minotaur.
The film clearly hopes you don't bother to read up about Hermes since you'll realise they made the story completely up. For starters Hermes was the son of Zeus and a god. He also was not a prototype for the Trinity. But at the same time, ignoring the typical "these are true event" disclaimer at the beginning, the film doesn't seem to be beating you over the head with some weird beliefs. Putting it simply, if I wasn't told this was a propaganda film I wouldn't have known.

6kOh2l.jpg

and this is where we really lost the plot
Also note this is meant to be Pan, the one with goat legs and horns.

Talking of propaganda, I am left confused on what I am meant to take away from this film. Is Happy Science telling me that Greek Mythology is true? Or just one little bit since entities like Zeus are never mentioned. Also Laws of Eternity told me Christianity and Buddhism were the key. And where are my Atlantan airships? Basically this is the pick 'n' mix of cults, hoping that everyone can agree with them since there's going to be at least one sweet in the Haribo Starmix that you like. Save yourself two hours and listen to All You Need Is Love since that's basically the conclusion of the film. As a bonus you'll also avoid three terrible musical numbers.

GzOSnl.jpg

Worldwide orgy courtesy of Happy Science!

In conclusion a very liberal take on Greek Mythology that is meant to teach me about a cult but does a terrible job at it. No wonder they needed to make a bunch more films.

Bleach whatever was on last night
More filler, but it was enjoyable wacky filler. I'll be much more down if they had wacky episodes of silly things happening instead of whatever serious business Bleach tries to do.

DiGiKerot

Yay!

AKB0048 #9 - It turns out that AKB-hearts are some kind of terrible infectious disease. I'm starting to think that AKB0048 is actually the codename for some kind of sentient virus designed to spread and self-propagate, and that the whole music/concert thing is simply a means to attract as many potential carriers into the infection zone as possible.

sleepykyo

Currently watching Dead Space Aftermath. Who greenlights this crap? It's like some 90's cgs, Appleseed remake style on the cheap, abomination.

edit: And now a change in animation style. I guess it's better. At least more conventional.

edit2: And back to crappy cgs.

edit3: Paging Femmeworth.
graphic violence? fine. topless females? fine. male penis? that gets covered in shadow

Hunter x Hunter 36
tumblr_m63wvd4IQG1rz3f2fo1_500.gif

Well that was a terrible fight.
The protagonist is supposed to go all out and destroy the opponent. Gon wasnt supposed to be that beat up and lose, and even worst attempt to blame it on the referee. Hisoka actually rose to the occasion and was pretty epic with just Bungee Gum. Surely gon could have used some nen special attacks or whatever, not just simple punches. Im really disappointed in him. Hopefully if Gon faces him again he will actually be more impressive.

Anyway the visuals were really good especially with the water droplets and all that Hisoka emphasis, hes pretty crazy and intense about Gon.

Next episode looks great and fun with Killua and Gon, cant wait.
If it wasn't obvious in hisoka previous fights,
Gon doesn't have special attacks (yet ) ..His training was basic nen knowledge and stat raising .. Doing spectacular things with your aura is "hatsu" and gon is not even there yet .
His training instructor only made him increase his aura son that his hatsu becomes stronger .. nothing more .. Stats raising .. Special skills will be for later
That's also one of the reasons hisoka only "toyed with him" during this fight he is just checking that gon has indeed the potential to be even better so he can destroy him later ..

You'll understand in the Arc after the one that will start next week...

It's also why hisoa want a Gon fight all out when he'll be even stronger without rules ...
If Gon was "just" punches, hisoka would have killed him easily just like he killed castro.

Also hisoka is ...well hisoka ... you'll understand eventually ..

Ultimadrago

AKB0048 #9 - It turns out that AKB-hearts are some kind of terrible infectious disease. I'm starting to think that AKB0048 is actually the codename for some kind of sentient virus designed to spread and self-propagate, and that the whole music/concert thing is simply a means to attract as many potential carriers into the infection zone.

That would mean the entertainment killers were right!

Bleach whatever was on last night
More filler, but it was enjoyable wacky filler. I'll be much more down if they had wacky episodes of silly things happening instead of whatever serious business Bleach tries to do.

Im guessing it was one of those materialized zanpaktou filler, the ones that was after they actually resolved the plot for them, Im remember quite a few were hilarious, ah the days of watching it weekly.

1stStrike

Banned
Well, that was a bit abrupt. I was hoping for at least a couple more minutes to the ending, but it's just like
*a few years later* "Woo, everyone is older and meeting up! Let's have a party! The end. I would've at least liked to see a romantic moment between Yuu and Haruka before it ended. =\

Aside from the nonsensical parts of the story, it was a good anime overall. I wish that Karasu played a larger role in the ending, though. I would've liked to see an epic showdown between him and
Noein

It's probably not something I'd go back and rewatch, but I definitely don't regret watching it. The music at least is very good and I'll be adding some tracks to my playlist from this anime.

Onto Chaos;Head next.

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 25
Finally, the movie! This was quite enjoyable due to Kyon's silly attempt at covering up for the crappyness of the movie itself, the bad edits and stuff that I only now get having suffered through the earlier episodes of watching this damn thing get made.

survivor

Banned
Mysterious Girlfriend X 12

Tsubaki no ecchi

That dream sequence was pretty great, I wish there was more of them. And Oka as usual demonstrates why she is better than Urabe in this episode.

So now Tsubaki can finally hug Urabe without the fear of getting cut to pieces. So I guess 2 more years until they can start kissing.

Jex

Trailer footage: http://t.co/zv2QYRqS

Well, as long as they keep away from anything remotely serious, this is good news,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom