• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Space Brothers 13

I have no idea how to use an abacus. Mutta's air abacus technique blows my mind.

ZCvVn.jpg

The whole ant metaphor scene was really good. But when Mutta talks about Hibito like that...
I can't help but think something will go wrong and he won't reach the Moon. Oh boy.

Jex

Have absolutely no clue what you mean as both Bestgatari and Steins;Gate were fantastic shows. Haven't watched Jormungand yet myself as I'm forever lagging in the Spring season.

Objectively speaking, White Fox are less competent than Madhouse.

Although it remains to be seen how much of Madhouse is actually left at this point (not much, I would imagine).

Narag

Infinite Stratos Encore

Expected the worst going into this but the first half is this hilarious bit of self-parody whereas the second is half is only notable for Houki fan service and no one wants to see that.

Cecillia's shoddy cooking taken to new heights.

Brazil

Curious: Does Rin ever
bring up her father in conversation
?

Yeah.
She keeps bringing up how she hates Kiritsugu for not passing down his skills to Shirou properly. In her mind, because of the road Tokiomi choose for her, that's what a magus father is supposed to do.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Shiawasette Naani:

RD3ba.jpg

80 billion years ago: creation of the 13th-dimensional cosmic spirit

65 billion years ago: creation of the 12th-dimensional galaxy consciousness

60 billion years ago: creation of the 11th-dimensional stellar consciousness

53 billion years ago: creation of the 10th-dimensional planetary consciousness

40 billion years ago: the Big Bang

5.5 billion years ago: El Cantare chooses Venus as the planet on which he will experiment with the evolution of life

3.5 billion years ago: plant and animal life on Venus separate into two separate forms of life

2.5 billion years ago: Venus humanoids achieve space travel and emigrate to other planets when volcanic activity threatens to destroy life on Venus

600 million years ago: El Cantare decides to begin life anew on Earth

400 million years ago: El Cantare creates man from the lifeforce of the Venusians

280 million years ago: Satan emerges on earth, creates hell, and corrupts humanity. Mankind is destroyed by flood.

17000 years ago: El Cantare is reincarnated as La Mu, who brings enlightenment to the continent of Moa

13000 years ago: El Cantare is reincarnated as Thoth, who brings enlightenment to the descendants of the Moans in Atlantis

7000 years ago: El Cantare is reincarnated as Rient Arl Croud, who brings enlightenment to the Incas

6500 years ago: El Cantare is reincarnated as Ophealis, who brings enlightenment to the Greeks

4300 years ago: El Cantare is reincarnated as Hermes, who brings enlightenment to the Greeks........again

2500 years ago: El Cantare is reincarnated as Gautama Siddhartha, who brings enlightenment to India

56 years ago: El Cantare is reincarnated as Ookawa Ryuuhou, who forms the organization Happy Science

21 years ago: In order to bring enlightenment to Japan, Ookawa commissions a 15-minute OVA from a little-known animation studio called Kyoto Animation and captivates Japan with the power of its message.

---------------------------------

This was Happy Science's first animated production, the story of a meeting between a cute angel girl and boy who hates school. The angel takes the boy for a ride in the clouds where she teaches him the virtues of living for others and introduces him to the concept of the inner universe, which he embraces and redoubles his efforts to be a good student and good citizen.

It's decidedly cuter and less doctrinaire than future Happy Science works, however the organization's footprint is still decidedly present. After all, Ookawa's airship fetish is present and accounted for:

ZCCIc.jpg

And, uhh...fuck if I know what this was about:

enWdE.jpg

Most disappointingly, this OVA's elephant count was zero, putting it in the same ignominious category as The Laws of the Sun.

It's still recommended for the hardcore Happy Science enthusiast. I only understood about 20% of what was being said, but Ookawa's teachings easily transcended the language barrier!

1stStrike

Banned
This anime is pretty amusing. I lack the figures, games, and the posters and such, but I can pretty much identify with these guys. :3

genshiken4.jpg

genshiken3.jpg

That didn't exactly work out lol.

genshiken5.jpg

Kurapica is Killua tier? lol Impossible. Killua is the strongest so far! I think at most a little less than Gon. Gon managed to at least hit Hisoka and get him to move, so Gon is right there, just a little bit more and he could take down Hisoka.
You'll understand soon very soon
kurapica At the moment is killua tier. I wont say much more because of spoilers..
As for hisoka he is so high you dont understand yet
that is ... until the best arc in the Hxh franchise starts (only a few eps away)

Brazil

They certainly weren't great because of white fox though..

There's no case here. White Fox did an awesome job with all of the important scenes in Steins;Gate (despite the character designs), and from what I've seen, Katanagatari's animation and style are top-notch.

Risette

A Good Citizen
There's no case here. White Fox did an awesome job with all of the important scenes in Steins;Gate (despite the character designs), and from what I've seen, Katanagatari's animation and style are top-notch.
White Fox? Animation top-notch?

No.

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 26
Oh hey, I remember this episode.
Oh right, there's a cultural festival. Kinda forgot about it since it took so bloody long to get from introducing it to actually having it. This episode was still fun. I like God Knows so just having that played made this episode enjoyable. It was also nice to get a non bossy Haruhi for once.

Uchip

Banned
You'll understand soon very soon
kurapica At the moment is killua tier. I wont say much more because of spoilers..
As for hisoka he is so high you dont understand yet
that is ... until the best arc in the Hxh franchise starts (only a few eps away)

That arc is going to be censored HARD though :/
and yea Kurapica was far stronger than killua at that point

1stStrike

Banned

Huh, you didn't like the character designs? I was quite fond of them. =\

Reknoc

What about
a guy's face being partially bitten off?

Ahh, okay I don't remember that at all. Man, I reread the series not long ago and I've already forgotten this arc nearly entirely... I only not long realised the next arc people were referring to wasn't the Greed Island arc ._.

edit: the more I think about it the less it makes sense for me to forget about the arc before Greed Island because Greed Island wouldn't even happen without the previous arc... buh.

Ahh, okay I don't remember that at all. Man, I reread the series not long ago and I've already forgotten this arc nearly entirely... I only not long realised the next arc people were referring to wasn't the Greed Island arc ._.

Well Greed Island also has the mad bomber and
Gon's hand getting blown to pieces
but I guess the latter isn't too bad considering recent events and the former could just make use of discretion shots.

Grzi

Katanagatari barely has any animation, besides the last episode and some moments in episodes prior to it.
The designs and the visual style of the show are great, sure, but White Fox have nothing to do with it, the source material already did the work for them.

OceanBlue

Katanagatari barely has any animation, besides the last episode and some moments in episodes prior to it.
The designs and the visual style of the show are great, sure, but White Fox have nothing to do with it, the source material already did the work for them.

I thought Katanagatari had all of its animation in its fight scenes. I might not be remembering correctly, but that's what I remember from it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Saki 11
Ivuz6l.png

Pure hype. I'm really surprised that they're giving this much time to Teru though. I wonder if they even plan on ending on the entrance to the finals at this point.

Or maybe they'll keep extending the number of episodes until they get to 26!

Saki GAH WHAT

(One image is from the 7th and final Saki picture drama special. The other is from ep. 10, I think, of Saki Achiga-hen.)
http://www.abload.de/img/1340571522379ad2g3.jpg

Yes, that's Saki, in her last year of middle school, wearing a uniform that looks the same as the ones the Senriyama girls have in their junior high flashback. Yes, really.

I don't understand how this is possible, though, if they really are the same school. I mean, Senriyama is in North Osaka, while Kiyosumi is in Nagano. I don't think those places are that close to each other. (Teru's Shiraitodai, of course, is in Tokyo.) I don't remember Saki ever living in Osaka... and she's in that uniform in Kiyosumi's area, obviously, given that her cameo there is in a special about Nodoka and Yuki. So yeah, I don't get it... are they just similar-looking uniforms from different places, or is there something in Saki's past we don't know about...

Oh, and regardless, it's worth remembering that Saki would be two years behind them in school; Toki and co. are seniors now, while she's a freshman.

Saki 11
http://i.imgur.com/Ivuz6l.png

Pure hype. I'm really surprised that they're giving this much time to Teru though. I wonder if they even plan on ending on the entrance to the finals at this point.

Or maybe they'll keep extending the number of episodes until they get to 26!
The plan is to have this round go through ep. 12, and then have eps 13-15 cover the other four rounds, remember. But yeah, right, the episode's out now... I'll have to watch this soon. :)

(Also, see the above spoilered stuff!)

Grzi

I thought Katanagatari had all of its animation in its fight scenes. I might not be remembering correctly, but that's what I remember from it.

Extremely short fight scenes with poor animation and direction in all episodes but the last one.
Maybe there were a couple of more episodes with decent animation, I recall one fight scene in episode 9
the flashback, or illusion (don't remember) of the fight against the chick with the wooden sword
, that's probably it.
I love the show, but I can't help but to think what a more competent studio could have done with the fight scenes.

Brazil

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san 9-11

These aliens vastly overestimate the quality and importance of Earth's entertainment... And this very show is a convenient example of why. Watching three episodes of this in a row is a pain. All the unrequited love jokes and bishounen antics were already tired by episode 5... And yet they're basically 90% of what it has to offer.

Thankfully there are still the references and the self-awareness.
The reason why the Space Child Guardian wants to destroy Earth... Is brilliant.

Well, at least the finale will probably be interesting.

wonzo

Banned
Acchi Kocchi 11

Maybe it's just me but this episode felt rather cheap animation wise when compared to past episodes. It's kinda a shame as the show's been pretty consistant so far in just how slick it usually feels.

Oh god, it actually exists. After watching Genshiken I was like... I wonder if an Otaku dating site exists?

Well folks, it does.

Mind blown
the internet is a wonderful yet terrifying thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom