• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That didn't exactly work out lol.

jm5fM.png

Dresden

Yeah, the loli surprised me a lot. Killer expressions.

Maybe it's because I skipped all the stuff where he's being a chump, but Cartman seems like a cool dude.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Saki GAH WHAT

(One image is from the 7th and final Saki picture drama special. The other is from ep. 10, I think, of Saki Achiga-hen.)
http://www.abload.de/img/1340571522379ad2g3.jpg

Yes, that's Saki, in her last year of middle school, wearing a uniform that looks the same as the ones the Senriyama girls have in their junior high flashback. Yes, really.

I don't understand how this is possible, though, if they really are the same school. I mean, Senriyama is in North Osaka, while Kiyosumi is in Nagano. I don't think those places are that close to each other. (Teru's Shiraitodai, of course, is in Tokyo.) I don't remember Saki ever living in Osaka... and she's in that uniform in Kiyosumi's area, obviously, given that her cameo there is in a special about Nodoka and Yuki. So yeah, I don't get it... are they just similar-looking uniforms from different places, or is there something in Saki's past we don't know about...

Oh, and regardless, it's worth remembering that Saki would be two years behind them in school; Toki and co. are seniors now, while she's a freshman.

The plan is to have this round go through ep. 12, and then have eps 13-15 cover the other four rounds, remember. But yeah, right, the episode's out now... I'll have to watch this soon. :)

(Also, see the above spoilered stuff!)

Maybe the picture dramas aren't canon and someone just liked the design and used it!
Or everyone is indoctrinated.

The pacing of this final match is pretty weird anyway. What's doubly weird is that they're doing the "exploring the losers" thing that is Saki tradition, but they're not going to have time to bother with the other girls if they're going to speed through the rest of the match.

Either way, there needs to be a big announcement at the end of this whole thing. Saki live action drama pls!

Uchip

Banned
Out of boredom im going to compare the two best concluded shows of the season.
Korra and Fate Zero. Winner in bold:

Music: Fate Zero yuki kajiura with the haunting melodies is tough to beat
Use of CGI: Fate Zero this isnt even close
Humour: Korra I dont think anything funny happened in Fate Zero that didnt involve Rider
Fights: Fate Zero avatar had more, but the few fights of fate zero were very detailed
Originality: Korra this was also not even close
Ending: eugh.... they were both inconclusive and require continuation, but since Fate Zero expects you to know about the shitty sequel it loses this one. Korra
Violence and intensity: Fate Zero Zero doesn't have people parachuting to safety
Production Values: Korra , close one, but while zero has great fights, there is a lot of extensive dialogue with minimal animation in between, and not much thought went into the world building or plot.
Characters: Tie, they're both more interesting than your average show, and have some boring characters to boot.

Overall: I cant decide

Speaking of Mechwarrior, Mechwarrior Online starts this summer. I'm hyped!

Hell yea, and Hawken
I can see why you're a FMP fan, their mecha is closer to the western equivalent than giant humanoid robots

1stStrike

Banned
Remember, ED > OP.

Oh, is this another show where the ED is better than the OP? Guess I'll have to watch it. I've been trying to get better at watching ED's from anime, but still tend to fast forward through them :p

Hell yea, and Hawken
I can see why you're a FMP fan, their mecha is closer to the western equivalent than giant humanoid robots

Hawken looks a bit too loose/FPS'y for me so I haven't been too interested in it. I really enjoy the more realistic combat that MWO is going to offer. However, I probably will buy this controller and use it with MWO. Apparently, the joysticks are going to be detachable and usable while detached too!

RzerArtemisBanner.png

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Accel World - 11

I somewhat regret just looking up the summaries for the last ten episodes on wikipedia.

That was fun. It's the silly 2d mecha action show that takes itself way too seriously that I've been lacking in my life. All the somber dramatics over a random betrayal in this MMO was amusing in itself, but then things started blowing up and it was like, cool.

24wnil.jpg

I don't think I'll ever go back and watch those earlier episodes or anything (just reading the summaries was kind of painful), but I'm pretty excited to see how it ends.

diutOl.jpg

And man, Snowblack-Hime-Senpai is my waifu. She's like the ultimate magical girlfriend.

After seeing the impressions of AnimeGAF, I watched this episode (though I skipped several as I had dropped the show earlier) and was very impressed. It had actual 2D mech action and it was pretty damn spiffy. I wish the show were more of that, but meh can't win them all.

I JUST got home from the airport (picked up my parents from their visit to Japan to visit my older sister who is working there for a few months so I'm very jealous etc. etc.), and they got me some souvenirs (all picked by my sister, since my parents wouldn't know a thing about Akiba).

What can I say, my older sister knows what I like.

Yes, I'm secretly gloating at Chet.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
SAO is going to be so trashy. Not even Angel Beats will match its trashiness.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The former, if everything goes according to keikaku.

Infinite Stratos Encore

Expected the worst going into this but the first half is this hilarious bit of self-parody whereas the second is half is only notable for Houki fan service and no one wants to see that.

Cecillia's shoddy cooking taken to new heights.

The highlight of the bonus episode was Char-gasm. Everything after that was downhill, except at the end with Houki and Ichika which was cute.

e_i

Kokoro Connect ep 1 Part A

For some reason, this aired early...but only half of it. Looks good. Characters dropped from K-ON! (same character designer). The lead guy's imouto is pretty hot and Iori is awesome. The whole
body switching looks interesting, but I hope it doesn't get old really quick
Doesn't look very Silver Link-y, by that I mean SHAFTy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom