• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

zombie girl ln gets zombie girl animu

---

Bolded are the only ones without an anime.
top 20 LNs for first half of 2012 said:
*1, 587,891 Biblia Koshoten no Jikentecho vol.1
*2, 446,631 Biblia Koshoten no Jikentecho vol.2

*3, 253,678 Koimonogatari
*4, 249,938 Toaru Majutsu no Index: New Testament vol.3
*5, 220,504 Bokura ga Ita
*6, 200,100 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai vol.10
*7, 199,950 Toaru Majutsu no Index: New Testament vol.4
*8, 194,649 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu vol.10
*9, 136,213 Sword Art Online vol.9
10, 132,549 Another vol.1
11, 119,064 Another vol.2
12, 114,266 Hidan no Aria vol.11
13, 104,883 Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei vol.4 Part 2
14, *98,311 Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei vol.5 Part 1

15, *93,281 Seitokai no Ichizon vol.10
16, *92,753 Kotenbu Series vol.1 Hyouka
17, *92,208 Accel World vol.11
18, *90,847 Accel World vol.10
19, *85,575 Full Metal Panic! Another vol.2
20, *85,214 Durarara!! vol.11

Narag

Fate/Stay Night 13

Move over, Angel Beats.

KuGnC.jpg

Haitore! Nyaruko-san end

Whelp, that was fun.

I liked this show, but I honestly have absolutely no motivation at all to share my thoughts about it beyond that. Whatever.

Dresden

He's not so bad. Now the kid from NTHT? Easily the must punchable. It's even canon in-show.

The anime must have done a good job of pruning out all the 'you're a girl so you can't fight' / 'get back in the kitchen' / 'what is this white liquid coming out of my penis' stuff. So unbearable in the vn.

Genshiken 7
DfxZS.png

2 reasons why Ohno is best girl.
Nothing really happens in this episode. Basically they try to recruit new members, but end up driving them off, but thankfully they did because they were both really annoying. Though Drunk Ohno was great! Oh and Madarame became the new chairman of the club after the last one decided he wanted to graduate.
CQai0.png

Girls love.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Not even in the top 20. There are some absolutely insufferable harem protags out there that Shirou doesn't touch with a 10 foot excalibur.

I think I need some examples. Are there any on the level of Puddingface from the first episode of Sengoku Collection?

Narag

The anime must have done a good job of pruning out all the 'you're a girl so you can't fight' / 'get back in the kitchen' / 'what is this white liquid coming out of my penis' stuff. So unbearable in the vn.

It's presented as a misplaced chivalry that Saber reluctantly agrees to abide by. The kitchen stuff remains and it's pretty blatant. One episode had at least five cuts back to Saber just hanging out bored at Shirou's house.

Makoto

Ladies versus Butlers 12 (Final)

In retrospect, I regret admitting to watching this show. As for the ending,
I knew the MC was going to give his ticket away. I'm only a tiny bit disappointed as I wanted Selnia to legitimately win. But you know, I'll take that final minute where the cast scolds the MC for being dense. I'll take a final episode that acknowledges the MC is a moron as opposed to business-as-usual endings.

I guess it's no wonder that nobody talks about this show as opposed to Infinite Stratos and Haganai: The characters have better counterparts in other shows. Selnia and Tomomi are just toned down versions of Meat and Yozora. I'm torn about Daichi in the sense that [Infinite Stratos Spoilers]
they could have gone the Charlotte route for comedic effect and play the, "I'M HIDIN' TEN POUNDS OF MEAT UNDER THESE CLOTHES." Card but they just went with a flat chest.
[/Infinite Stratos Spoilers] On one hand, that's the classy thing to do. On the other, LvB isn't a shining example of classy especially when every episode of it has fanservice. Though I did say earlier in the thread that I liked LvB better than Haganai, I have to retract that and say that Haganai remains the better slice-of-life harem.

There were some pretty dusk backgrounds such as the quoted. They were so pretty that I'm sure Xebec knew this too which is why I think they used it in just about every episode. Overall, probably the best Xebec show I've seen thus far (Upotte and Nyarko being the other Xebec shows I've seen).

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
AKB0048 ep 8

So the only way for Takamine to remain in AKB is
by crushing Kanata's dreams. :(

It was sad seeing
Kanata telling herself she needed to work harder at the end, when she's already good enough to become Takamine's successor.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
A real, deep bond is never a gimmick, sir.
Or it's yet another high school romance that goes nowhere.

It is explained though, in as much as that's just how drool appears to work in the MGX universe. I assumed it was just some unique property of Urabe's saliva earlier on but we've seen it with others.

That's good enough for me.
Actually, based on the frequency at which characters invade each others privacy by checking their saliva, sometimes forcefully, it really wouldn't work any other way.
Surely you can think of the other bodily fluid that would work just as well. :p
Tears, obviously.

I think I need some examples. Are there any on the level of Puddingface from the first episode of Sengoku Collection?

Haven't watched it, so I don't know how bad that guy is.

Anyway, stuff with more punchable protags than Shirou!

Rizelmine
Comic Party
Da Capo
D.N.Angel
DearS
Freezing
Girls Bravo
Green Green
Happy Lesson
Happy World
Linebarrels (though he gets better)
Mahoraba
Magikano

Off the top of my head.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Haven't watched it, so I don't know how bad that guy is.

Anyway, stuff with more punchable protags than Shirou!

Rizelmine
Comic Party
Da Capo
D.N.Angel
DearS
Freezing
Girls Bravo
Green Green
Happy Lesson
Happy World
Linebarrels (though he gets better)
Mahoraba
Magikano

Off the top of my head.

Out of all of those I've only seen Freezing and Linebarels, and I don't even remember there being any male characters in Freezing. I can totally agree with the Linebarrels douche, though. I bailed on that and no amount of improvement in his character could ever get me to watch again.

1stStrike

Banned
Genshiken 7

Nothing really happens in this episode. Basically they try to recruit new members, but end up driving them off, but thankfully they did because they were both really annoying. Though Drunk Ohno was great! Oh and Madarame became the new chairman of the club after the last one decided he wanted to graduate.

I'm glad you're joining me on the Genshiken journey. Hurry up and watch episode 9 so I can read your reactions :p

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
So Narag, tell us. Which Heroic Spirit do you think Archer was?

Why must you
torture him so?

Daisuke's only really punchable because it was Miyu Irino's first voice acting gig and he was basically the male Chiaki Omigawa at that point. Sure, he dithers a lot, but at least he has some agency of his own unlike the harem leads you mentioned.

And at least in the manga, he chooses the right girl!

I've no idea and I'll look into it down the line. A guilty pleasure of mine with both this and F/Z was being left in the dark about their identities initially.

Nice, I'll wait on that. But, if you could, give us your guesses before you watch Unlimited Blade Works (that is, if you do).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom