• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

A collection of Twitter reactions to the world premiere of Ookami Kodomo in Paris:

Those lucky French bastards.

ibxaM8sQFNvmJG.gif

I can't wait
but I have to :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
AKB0048 ep 8

So the only way for Takamine to remain in AKB is
by crushing Kanata's dreams. :(

It was sad seeing
Kanata telling herself she needed to work harder at the end, when she's already good enough to become Takamine's successor.

Don't worry. They'll fall in love, get married, have three beautiful idol children and live happily ever after.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
AKB0048

Some very nice background art for a change!

I'm guessing this first season will end with
Takamina graduating and Kanata taking her place... although maybe not, considering how they "wrapped up" that plot line in this episode.

Why can't it be next week? I need more AKB0048 in my life. :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Kimi to Boku
onZuEl.jpg

:firehawk

I assume they just had to choose a place to end it and this was as good a place as any to do so. Given all the shows about 4-5 girls these days, it was a nice change of pace to watch one about 4-5 guys that was fairly realistic (son-con mother aside). I believe this bomba'ed hard though, so I assume that most nerds in Japan don't want to see their own lives reflected in anime... unless it includes moe girls of some sort. lol
(I guess Shun was as close to moe as you could get :p)

Welp... Back to the all girl high school shows!

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Kimi to Boku
onZuEl.jpg

:firehawk

I assume they just had to choose a place to end it and this was as good a place as any to do so. Given all the shows about 4-5 girls these days, it was a nice change of pace to watch one about 4-5 guys that was fairly realistic (son-con mother aside). I believe this bomba'ed hard though, so I assume that most nerds in Japan don't want to see their own lives reflected in anime... unless it includes moe girls of some sort. lol
(I guess Shun was as close to moe as you could get :p)

Welp... Back to the all girl high school shows!

It got a second season though...

Instro

Saint Seiya Omega 13

That scene with Yuna and the fly dude was ready made doujin material. Goes to show that they let anyone be a saint these days!

3Kaze

Back from the premiere screening of Wolf Children Ame and Yuki. Pretty good movie, I thought it was better than Tokikake and Summer Wars which were only decent to me. The premise was more engaging, it's about a mother raising her wolf children (not a big spoil but don't look if you don't want to know anything about the story)
after the daddy wolfman died
. Then, we see them growing and there is some drama because of their nature. It has a more serious and mature tone than the previous movies but there's some funny parts too, I laughed at (again, not a big spoil)
a scene where the mother didn't know where to bring her sick children, hesitating between a doctor and a veterinarian
. I liked the characters too, they are well developed throughout the movie (we see most of them growing afterall) unlike Summer Wars' big but bland cast.

Art was simplistic but well animated as usual. There was several awful CG crowd at the beginning though. There are a few scenes with no dialogues and only directed by the music, which were pretty nice. And... I have nothing else to say. Great movie anyway.

If you want to know why Hosoda became a furry, he said he wanted to make a movie about a mother raising her children but he needed more to stand out. Then he eventually learned that wolves live in a community and that they were somehow like us (what? lolz). And this is where the whole wolfmen idea came from.

Uchip

Banned
Once more into the furry. Into the last good fight I'll ever know. Live and die on this day. Live and die on this day ...

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Back from the premiere screening of Wolf Children Ame and Yuki. Pretty good movie, I thought it was better than Tokikake and Summer Wars which were only decent to me. The premise was more engaging, it's about a mother raising her wolf children (not a big spoil but don't look if you don't want to know anything about the story)
. Then, we see them growing and there is some drama because of their nature. It has a more serious and mature tone than the previous movies but there's some funny parts too, I laughed at (again, not a big spoil)
a scene where the mother didn't know where to bring her sick children, hesitating between a doctor and a veterinarian
. I liked the characters too, they are well developed throughout the movie (we see most of them growing afterall) unlike Summer Wars' big but bland cast.

Art was simplistic but well animated as usual. There was several awful CG crowd at the beginning though. There are a few scenes with no dialogues and only directed by the music, which were pretty nice. And... I have nothing else to say. Great movie anyway.

If you want to know why Hosoda became a furry, he said he wanted to make a movie about a mother raising her children but he needed more to stand out. Then he eventually learned that wolves live in a community and that they were somehow like us (what? lolz). And this is where the whole wolfmen idea came from.

So jealous...

Mahou Poni Twilight-Chan 12

These episodes are too moralistic and simplistic, and the dumb letter to the princess at the end never helps. I'd rather just have the ponies hanging out doing cute things then "WE MUST HAVE SOME SORT OF AESOP TO TELL".

Also there were far too many pony butt shots in this episode. And they don't even wear underwear. :(

Hopefully Apple Bloom appears in more episodes, she at least is more interesting.

Defuser

Man it's funny to see the fate series have such polarizing shows. Ufotable should remake Fate/stay night with Urobouchi or something.

Thanks for the impressions. Now to painfully count down the days until I can see this...

Man it's funny to see the fate series have such polarizing shows. Ufotable should remake Fate/stay night or something.

I want Ufotable on something other than Type-Moon, please.

1stStrike

Banned
Genshiken 8

Man, Saki is such a bitch. Ohno just wants to be your friend and you go ahead and break the gundam model she's been working on all week.

Arg, yeah. That episode aggravated me so bad. I was just waiting for her to be screamed at along with some slapping, but it never happened.

Wait until later, though. Saki takes it to the next level.

Also, we're almost up to episode 9. I'm so excited! I'm on episode 14. Almost feel like waiting for you to catch up so we can watch the episodes simultaneously, but even as that thought occurred to me my weirdo meter maxed out. So I'm going to just keep plugging away tonight :p

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Once you
allow happy endings to happen in anime you're opening the door for all kinds of trouble. Next thing you know, people will be marrying ghosts and THEN where will we be?

Zombie moe, Lovecraftian moe, idols who fight robots with lightsabers, bizarre heart transplants, girls who are guns, Nobunaga collecting moefied historical figures' spirits.

I could go on.

Okay, this is definitely some inside joke.

If only.

Arg, yeah. That episode aggravated me so bad. I was just waiting for her to be screamed at along with some slapping, but it never happened.

Wait until later, though. Saki takes it to the next level.

Also, we're almost up to episode 9. I'm so excited! I'm on episode 14. Almost feel like waiting for you to catch up so we can watch the episodes simultaneously, but even as that thought occurred to me my weirdo meter maxed out. So I'm going to just keep plugging away tonight :p
I wouldn't wait for me. Just go on ahead.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Im calling nostalgia goggles on this one
saw it last year and wasnt too impressed
could definitely see the relation to summer wars
Nostalgia goggles for a movie I first saw not even a year ago, okay... Also movie 1 is nothing like Summer Wars, that's movie 2 bro.

I hope you didn't watch the hacked up American version either, that is bad!

Uchip

Banned
Nostalgia goggles for a movie I first saw not even a year ago, okay... Also movie 1 is nothing like Summer Wars, that's movie 2 bro.

I hope you didn't watch the hacked up American version either, that is bad!

Ive seen the one similar to summer wars, and the short movie that had bolero playing through most of it

Theonik

HeartCatch PreCure 17
In this episode we explore the topic of succession and the desire to be accepted by our elders. We end up with
a parallel between our precure and cure moonlight, and our "troubled soul of the week" in the process and our precure earn some respect from moonlight too.
Sasolina continues to be bitter.
fight this week was a bit boring save for
where moonlight came in and saved the day.
we also got some new designs for those cannon fodder...things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom