• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Dusk Maiden 12 END

Even if
Yuuko coming back didn't really make sense at felt out of place given the emotional lead-up until the end, I'm a sucker for "happy endings" so I can look past it.
All in all this was a really good series, easily one of the best of the season and I'd highly recommend it!

That's basically how I felt about the ending.

I wonder if they'll touch on whether or not
Yuuko's still stuck in the high-school grounds
in the OVA that's coming with the BD's.

There's an OVA coming? Good, good.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Where's the best place to buy the manga? I'm not really finding anywhere that doesn't look shady online, and most of the sites that are coming up are just like "read Genshiken online!" and, you know, I want to actually buy it.
It's not available digitally, I believe.
I think they released omnibus formats anyway, if you're so inclined. The anime ends at volume 8 or 9, so you can just pick up there if you want. Although I think the anime ends at a pretty good place.

Damnit firehawk, why do you keep WOUNDING me?
Dude, Genshiken: TNG is pretty self-indulgent. Especially with the new characters.

Ultimadrago

A Woman Named Mine Fujiko 11

WcOoA.jpg

Goemon rightfully questions his taste in female protagonists.

The episode was another
Oscar centered one and I'm glad he was able to release himself from his misery, even though he saw it as more than that.
It had minimum Fujiko, which is usually a good thing in concordance with this particular show. It shows some of the ever lovely childhood of Fujiko and some "dream scenes" that define Oscar's
feelings for Zenigata.

So yeah, that's what happened. I didn't find myself disliking this episode by the end, in fact, it might be the fourth or fifth best one.

Phi Brain 2 - 12
tumblr_m628nvZix01rvhxn1o1_500.jpg

I like that were seeing other random characters in Root Gagkuen Academy. I also liked that it was heavy Jikukawa focused (even with Apple Juice). But the best moment was actually
ROOK-sama and Bishop, that was an epic opening. Finally they make an appearance. Still stunned that Jikukawa accepted the Orpheus Armlet, just what is he thinking?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
God, I bet you guys would hate Nisekoi as well.

And Aunt Tits.

1stStrike

Banned
I do love when they use english songs or instrumental for anime openings and endings, rather than random Jpop
other favourites include shows like ergo proxy, wolfs rain, bebop etc

and i dont mean this kind of English

Speaking of Wolf's Rain, have you guys ever heard the djpretzel version of "Gravity" (titled "This Time Tomorrow")? I first heard it years ago and have been a big fan of the mix. I actually prefer it over the original.

1stStrike

Banned
I like it
Is this the same pretzel that does videogame mixes?

Yeah, he's been around for a while. I really like his stuff and he certainly did this song justice. It's just a shame that it came out so long ago so there's not a lossless or even a 320 kbps version of it out there.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Zetman 10-11

This show is so mind-boggingly stupid sometimes. "Your justice has a huge flaw", "you let them die so you could make me into an evil", "you failed the test", oh shut the hell up.

Trully this image doesn't do justice to the facepalm i got when the bad guy revealed his intentions ...

Overall a fun ride and nice anime ....won't say no to another season ...after all it's the earth "entertainment" that is in danger.

1stStrike

Banned
Zetman 10-11

This show is so mind-boggingly stupid sometimes. "Your justice has a huge flaw", "you let them die so you could make me into an evil", "you failed the test", oh shut the hell up.

I like the show whenever Kouga isn't in an episode. Unfortunately, the current episodes have been focusing on him a lot, so the overall likeability of the show has decreased.

In summary, I want to shoot Kouga with a high caliber rifle.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Trully this image doesn't do justice to the facepalm i got when the bad guy revealed his intentions ...

Overall a fun ride and nice anime ....won't say no to another season ...after all it's the earth "entertainment" that is in danger.
Then again, when you think about the previous arcs, it's not really that much of a surprise either.

-Minsc-

This talk of Genshiken is making me want to finally order season 2. Is there a stand alone season 2 collection? I see one that has season one and two, however I all ready own the first season.

I like the show whenever Kouga isn't in an episode. Unfortunately, the current episodes have been focusing on him a lot, so the overall likeability of the show has decreased.

In summary, I want to shoot Kouga with a high caliber rifle.

Kouga is alright...he's just way too focused on justice that it really makes his character go down and down for me whenever he makes terrible decisions, which is like, always.

I still need to see the final episode.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This talk of Genshiken is making me want to finally order season 2. Is there a stand alone season 2 collection? I see one that has season one and two, however I all ready own the first season.
I think the complete collection was a recent budget release? It's probably cheaper to get that than the standalone season at this point.

Actually: http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/ujFVpO-j7R6GgjFWbQ/browse/item/93833/4/0/0

Rightstuf is clearing out the individual volumes in a single bundle for 19 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom