• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

Fate/Stay Night 17
No wonder the teacher is so outgoing. She's making up for her disfigured feet.
9Giull.jpg

Zecchan has feet made of dough. :(

Phi Brain s2 12

Oh wow, we finally get to see
people actually dying in a competitive puzzle. Rook is ruthless.

I'm sure Jikukawa really is in control or something. Too obvious if he isn't.

wonzo

Banned
Why is so much smoke coming out of the guns?
because its cool

So that's the best version?

I'll keep that in mind when I eventually get it.
i remember seeing a comparison comparing the original geneon releases with the funi re-release and the funi release was compressed to the point where quite a fair bit of detail was destroyed. i don't have the link on me but it's out there somewhere

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 28
This felt like Endless Eight Take Two.
Oh wow, in terms of stuff actually happening, pretty much nothing happened this episode. Kyon got sent out, so Haruhi decides it's the best time to undress and redress Mikuru in everything she has ever worn and Nagato has the best timing to block any sort of fanservice this show can give.
I dunno, this was a pretty dull episode. But, I didn't hate it unlike the movie making arc, it was just boring.
Onward to the Haruhi-chan, the super longass movie and that other chibi show about that side character that somehow got her own show.

Taiga has a very very small and brief cameo in the last ep of F/Z if you have quick eyes and know her character.

She will always be known as Zecchan in my eyes. I've mentally retconned Taiga out of existence.

Speaking of Fate/stay night, I now realized that the best reason for ufotable to work on Heaven's Feel:
To give Kotomine Kirei's character arc final closure. Sure, Fate/Zero gave him serious character development, but his story doesn't truly end until HF.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Smile Precure! 20:

EDPWhl.jpg

Some things are better with no context.

This was another episode in the series' "Majolina creates a magical device that falls into the hands of the Precure, hilarity ensues" formula, but as long as actual hilarity is ensuing, I have no problem with this continuing to be a recurring theme.

DcTNnl.jpg

This might be the Yayoi-est Yayoi face to date.

So
invisible Miyuki and Akane
antics were reasonably funny. There was a lot that they could do with the premise, but it remained pretty grounded. I was hoping for something a bit more bonkers, but the good character interaction always shores up plots that don't quite live up to their potential.

g6wVVl.jpg

NISSAN COMBINATIOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNN

There was nothing particularly good about this week's Akanbe battle from an animation standpoint, but the method used to defeat it was at least more creative than "beat the shit out of it and then use Rainbow Healing". Using
a physical substance to reveal the location of an invisible object
is hardly a new concept, but any instance in which characters use their powers in unconventional ways is welcome.

Also, at the end of the battle:

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTT. We are definitely close to the halfway point.

This is for wonzo, and here's the post-preview spoiler image for the week.

Jex

Fate/Stay Night 12

What started as a great fight between Rider and Saber turned into something of a ridiculous letdown. Shirou to the rescue again :lol

I don't even.

King Arthur always looks a bit, I dunno, girly in the images that you chose to post.

Branduil

She will always be known as Zecchan in my eyes. I've mentally retconned Taiga out of existence.

Speaking of Fate/stay night, I now realized that the best reason for ufotable to work on Heaven's Feel:
To give Kotomine Kirei's character arc final closure. Sure, Fate/Zero gave him serious character development, but his story doesn't truly end until HF.

I don't see any problems with how his story ended in Fate/Zero!

cajunator

Banned
Haven't watched it, so I don't know how bad that guy is.

Anyway, stuff with more punchable protags than Shirou!

Rizelmine
Comic Party
Da Capo
D.N.Angel
DearS
Freezing
Girls Bravo
Green Green
Happy Lesson
Happy World
Linebarrels (though he gets better)
Mahoraba
Magikano

Off the top of my head.

Rizelmine - the kid is definitely a total asshole to rizel
Comic Party - nah
Da Capo - nah
D.N.Angel - Daisuke? Hes cool. I saw no problem with him or Dark.
DearS - this whole show is terrible but I ended up buying it. the protag is no worse than anyone else in the show.
Freezing - havent seen it
Girls Bravo - nah
Green Green - hmm. Yes
Happy Lesson - nope.
Happy World - dont know this show.
Linebarrels - havent seen
Mahoraba - did you mean MAburaho? the Mahoraba protag is not bad.
Magikano - nah

Best girl.
Second best girl.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Observe the things MadPierrot is currently watching. Does it seem likely that his concern is watching good things?

This would only be a problem if I was watching bad things instead of good things. I'm merely watching bad things in addition to good things, which is arguably a poor use of my time but never the main focus of my anime consumption!

Rizelmine - the kid is definitely a total asshole to rizel
Comic Party - nah
Da Capo - nah
D.N.Angel - Daisuke? Hes cool. I saw no problem with him or Dark.
DearS - this whole show is terrible but I ended up buying it. the protag is no worse than anyone else in the show.
Freezing - havent seen it
Girls Bravo - nah
Green Green - hmm. Yes
Happy Lesson - nope.
Happy World - dont know this show.
Linebarrels - havent seen
Mahoraba - did you mean MAburaho? the Mahoraba protag is not bad.
Magikano - nah

Maburaho guy is fine. Mahoraba guy is awful.

Jex

Genshiken 7

Nothing really happens in this episode. Basically they try to recruit new members, but end up driving them off, but thankfully they did because they were both really annoying. Though Drunk Ohno was great! Oh and Madarame became the new chairman of the club after the last one decided he wanted to graduate.

Is something wrong with their faces or are their character designs really like that?

Narag

Fate/Stay Night 18

Intro with Caster's past has me wanting OAVs or some such of the past lives of the Servants, especially F/Z Rider & Lancer. Sakura's costume change in this was ridiculous too.
Thankfully Assassin is all class. Guy just wants a good fight.

One of the worst monster designs I've ever seen.

Where the hell did this come from?

ik5Oit6G46Mdn.gif

Jex

Or it's yet another high school romance that goes nowhere.

Surely you can think of the other bodily fluid that would work just as well. :p
Tears, obviously.

C'mon now, those aren't always available. Anyone can instantly produce saliva, everything else is a little trickier.
Surely you mean
sweat?

See, that requires characters to physically active beforehand. It wouldn't work either.

wonzo

Banned
http://i.imgur.com/L0V2Dl.jpg

Smile Precure 01

So I tried to watch Heartcatch the other day and made it through a few episodes. An utterly terrible show, every single thing about that show is terrible.

Being the kind soul I decided to not just logically write off all of Precure as a whole and to try out a different one.

And it's a good thing I did. The first episode of Smile Precure was thoroughly enjoyable. The premise and execution were well done in this first episode and the characters, the big bad wolf (hooray furry), the main character, and the mascot were much more interesting. The other girls introduced in the first episode are intriguing, the cute sporty girl with the Osaka accent (a shame her name is not Erika) and the heart attack inducing Yayoi (Ika-channnn) were the two that stuck out the most.

Will definitely be watching this one for the long haul.
but what did you think about the cg ed?!

Branduil

I am reserving my hype somewhat. After all, most of the early reactions to Summer Wars were extremely positive and we all know how that turned out.

Were they?

My main source of hype is that the things which caused issues in Summer Wars do not appear to be present in The Wolf Children Ame and Yuki.

Jex

Eureka Seven AO 10

I liked the
Pied Piper
parallel, but I would have enjoyed it better without the connection being explicitly explained as it is rather obvious.

There's no point including an obvious parallel unless you're going to explain it eight times in a single episode!

Branduil

I have no idea what the actual reason for it is, it's just something that you'll notice if you watch enough anime. Presumably it's easier not to draw them, but I assume there's some other reason.

I think it's because no one wants to look at man nipples. Well, besides Joel Schumacher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom