• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

qcf x2

Not really. Considering Saber was hiding her true gender from most people, the marriage was probably just for appearances.

She was?
When she was transported back in time to the moment right before her ascension
she was still obviously female. And her values and personality (honor) didn't seem to suggest she'd go around intentionally misleading people. And if the marriage was just for appearances then why would
Lancelot
take it so seriously?

She was?
she was still obviously female. And her values and personality (honor) didn't seem to suggest she'd go around intentionally misleading people. And if the marriage was just for appearances then why would
Lancelot
take it so seriously?

In order to get answers to questions like those, you'd need F/SN to actually be competently written, I think. Because yeah, as I said some of in my last post, those are very good questions. Does the franchise have any answers for them? If so I don't know it.

I do recall the point about
her being in disguise as a man as King Arthur
, though, so that is a real plot point. Beyond that, it's inexplicable, as you say.

trejo

You guys seem to be doing that thing again. Y'know, the one where you give things more thought than the original author ever did.

jman2050

She was?
Lancelot
take it so seriously?

Word of Nasu (bullshit as it may be) says
Merlin, being a magus, disguised her gender from others with magic.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
tWoxu.jpg

Bad.

You guys seem to be doing that thing again. Y'know, the one where you give things more thought than the original author ever did.
Just because the author didn't think about it doesn't mean it doesn't matter.

Also, seriously, having a person in disguise as a man not actually have any kind of disguise at all and obviously be a woman makes no sense at all, to say the least.
I do remember something about Saber being in hiding a lot of the time and people rarely seeing her, or something, but still, she had to go out sometimes, such as in battles, and dressed like that, no one would be under any illusions about her true gender.

Word of Nasu (bullshit as it may be) says
Merlin, being a magus, disguised her gender from others with magic.
Then it should actually be disguised, at minimum in that ending scene.
Is that an after-the-fact explanation, or is it one that he just tossed out there and then forgot about?

Narag

Fate/Stay Night 23

The Azoth dagger reappears! Fitting to see it return like this. Kirei's curse was the reason Kiritsugu died too? Fuuuuuuuuuuuck.

This episode was really cool as it's the realization of the character arc established about Kirei in Fate/Zero. His speech wouldn't have had any real context without the F/Z stuff nor would the "what it means to be king" stuff between Saber & Gilgamesh.

P&S ep 4: High School Nudical: weve achieved flaccid status.com (funidub)

The first one was actually pretty forgettable and terrible, but the second one was pretty hilarious and epic. It was so good once they stopped sitting home on the weekend jacking off to machinery.
Brief's heavy weaponry, wow.

Im starting to like the ending song and whatever song it is whenever intense things happen and it goes like fly away now.

Still the anime is really only actually decent when Brief is around :/

Jintor

Genshiken 10

Worst beach episode ever. Sasahara's whore of a sister was back for this episode but who cares. This episode sucked.

Kujibiki Unbalance is actually alright, mainly for the god-tier earworm main music.

The manga makes no sense though which is why I'm glad I have it.

Kids on the Slope: Episode 10

Kaoru's scream when Sen came down into the basement was fantastic.
Glad to see them (sort of?) finally wrapping up some of this relationship stuff. Too bad the penultimate episode looks like it will be a big "WE GOTTA GO TRACK SENTARO DOWN!"

That final performance for the talent show had better be incredible, because it's been too long since we had a great sequence.

Oh, and Kaoru's crawling to Ri'ko was one of the most pathetic things I've ever witnessed, hahahaha

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I dunno,
the unstoppable killer Servant coming after you at any moment likely kills off the mood. As for Shirou being an improper master, that's on Kiritsugu for not bothering to teach him properly and Shirou trying to learn everything on his own.

As for Heaven's Feel route, IIRC
that's a Rider induced hallucination of Rin and not the real thing.

BTW, Rurouni, [FSN VN spoilers]
Did you ever make it to Last Episode?

I did make it to
Last Episode. It was a nice little epilogue, just wish Saber ended with a more worthwhile protagonist. >>;

So that was a hallucination? I thought it was Shirou's dream, but maybe they are one and the same?

Narag

Fate/Stay Night 24 FIN

I had to go through that to get superior hair down Gilgamesh?? His finals words to Saber were so great. Such a boss. el oh fuckin' el at Kirei recognizing the dagger he gave up on a whim 10 years prior too.

What a great finish...
is what I would say if it ended with the final resolution before things went back to normal.

God damn it.

So yeah, this is a terrible show that was actually elevated to just bad status thanks to the existence of Fate/Zero.
I came for the conclusion of the Kirei/Gilgamesh stuff and I left rather satisfied.
The harem antics were grating, the action was pretty bad, everything about the show being filtered through Shirou was annoying, and the Saber/Shirou stuff was bothersome (although I did get over that part at least). It had some high points at least like episodes 14 & 23, an enjoyable soundtrack, and the brisk pace it moved. Even at its worst, the show tended to fly by which, defying all reason & logic, left it rather watchable. On its own I don't think I would have finished this. As a companion piece to Fate/Zero, it's troublesome and probably not worth either the time or the effort but there was some satisfaction derived from seeing how the two series were connected, familiar locales, and similar plot points. It sorely needed Servants with character though as they were mostly accessories to their Masters. Even Saber being more contemplative due to her time spent with Kiritsugu the previous war would have gone a long way but, alas, that's thinking after the fact before any of this was defined and Kiritsugu wasn't a full character himself.

And for those that wanted my Archer prediction, I'd like to make some batshit guess but figure it'll just end up
an idealized Shirou that earned the right to be an Epic Spirit thanks to his involvement in the Holy Grail War.

Defuser

Man, reading this thread in a crowded train is a bad idea. I can't imagine the person is thinking when they look over my shoulder and see a scantily clad Horizon figurine especially with that enormous drill hair.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Fate/Stay Night 24 FIN
And for those that wanted my Archer prediction, I'd like to make some batshit guess but figure it'll just end up
an idealized Shirou that earned the right to be an Epic Spirit thanks to his involvement in the Holy Grail War.

The identity is right but the reason for being a Spirit is wrong.

Panty & Stocking 5 -6

What the french toast, indeed
what the demon sisters said when stocking reflected all the bullets
! Brief being awesome and amazing visual quality with all the animation stuff during the action scene in 6. First half was boring (she was ranked 69 on bj.com) :( but the second half was decent.

Uchip

Banned
Panty & Stocking 5 -6

What the french toast, indeed
what the demon sisters said when stocking reflected all the bullets
! Brief being awesome and amazing visual quality with all the animation stuff during the action scene in 6. First half was boring but the second half was enjoyable.

unfortunately for you, Brief's appearances are very brief.... in most eps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom