• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genshiken 12
ubg4D.png

cajunator's room.
See, she's not such a heartless bitch after all. Well, everything seemed to turn out great and Sasahara becomes the new chairman. His first ambition is to start making doujins to sell at the comic fest. Well they have Kugayama's art, so they shouldn't have to worry. Otherwise life goes on in the club.
NVFpN.png

The end... for now.

Ultimadrago

Code Geass is just as glorious in dub form as it is subbed.

Here Here.

Though I have only watched some of it subbed. The dub brings the feel of: cheesiness, mama drama, villainous intentions, Table-kun, Pizza Hut commentary and more in a fashion that breathes life into the work!*

*Except for Nunnally

Rozen Maiden 1

THAT'S why you're buying shit on the internet? Because MAYBE someone will rip you off with non-refundable junk? That's the lamest thrill-seeking I have ever heard.

Anyway, this is alright I guess. Not really sure where it's going, but I'll give it a few more episodes.

Branduil

Rozen Maiden 1

THAT'S why you're buying shit on the internet? Because MAYBE someone will rip you off with non-refundable junk? That's the lamest thrill-seeking I have ever heard.

Anyway, this is alright I guess. Not really sure where it's going, but I'll give it a few more episodes.

The series improves over time. Not that it ever becomes great, but it does become more watchable.

No. In the VN she's only good at fighting and bedroom manner.

"..... Please let me handle it, Shirou. I know how to make a man happy." (that is a direct fucking quote, I just double checked to make sure I had that right).
I don't know what Iskander was talking about. Saber is clearly a take-charge ruler who's willing to go the extra mile in ensuring the happiness of her people.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Rozen Maiden 1

I envy the Japanese if they have to actively seek to be scammed on online auction sites and retailers.

cajunator

Banned
The in-show Kujibiki Unbalance is a random mishmash of typical anime nonsense designed specifically to appeal to cajun.

No its because the in-show character design are way more appealing.

Rozen Maiden 1

Rozen maiden is ok.
I had fun with it and there is plenty of bizarre stuffand doll on doll violence. It came with a really beatiful velvet art box too.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The series improves over time. Not that it ever becomes great, but it does become more watchable.

Honestly it's a really terrible show from start to the finish.

Only reason to watch the show is for Sugintou. She's definitely the best junk in the trunk in that series.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

NewFresh

Genshiken 12

See, she's not such a heartless bitch after all. Well, everything seemed to turn out great and Sasahara becomes the new chairman. His first ambition is to start making doujins to sell at the comic fest. Well they have Kugayama's art, so they shouldn't have to worry. Otherwise life goes on in the club.

Cajun's room is much more organized than that. The man needs to display his figures properly and with pride!

Though about disguising her gender again, let's remember that the original version of F/SN had a male King Arthur and a female protagonist. If it weren't for Takeuchi we probably would have gotten this instead:

This reminds me that I need to watch Fate/Prototype at some point. The voice cast of the 12-minutes long OVA is hilariously loaded with big names too.

That... yeah, she should have expected that...

Remember, this is what Nintendo thinks of JRPG fans and the like!
What, and you think they're wrong?

FUNimation Announces September Release Slate

e95b3344b4dcae7750efc7dc0680a65e1340740223_full.jpg

9/4/12
Haibane Renmei - Complete Box Set - Classic - $ 39.98
I might have to get this...

the legend of yamauchi will never die
Yup!

That's how it starts out. And then it turns into...

keddp3i8lct.gif

Bad stuff.
Bad? Yeah, probably, but I don't know... I'm not obsessed with drills like Japan is (for whatever reason), but it is a somewhat amusing hairstyle, even if it does look fairly ridiculous.

On another note, I wonder if she's like that because she's angry that the girl below outdid her seemingly unbeatable drill hair... I mean, she had this amazing drill hair... and here this Horizon girl manages to have 2.5x more drills, all at least as large as hers. Truly impressive.

She shouldn't be too sad though, I don't remember the Horizon girl below ever having her hair spin like that. That's an impressive skill all its own!

Good, you mean! So ridiculous it's entertainingly silly, that is, more accurately.

This reminds me that I need to watch Fate/Prototype at some point. The voice cast of the 12-minutes long OVA is hilariously loaded with big names too.

There's supposed to be another book about Prototype coming in August. It's pretty interesting to note that Arthur was very different from Arturia, especially in learning that some of his traits were passed onto Archer, or that is
Saber Alter
form/look was given to
Gilgamesh

wonzo said:
9/11/12
Spice and Wolf - Complete Series (Season 1 & 2 Combo) - $64.98 (complete with crappy upscale job of season 1!)

I'm game to double dip, hopefully there'll be some good deals at AX.

From what little I've watched, life for the average person seems fairly shitty in the Spice and Wolf universe.
So like the real Medieval Era?

Spice and Wolf is definitely much more accurately Medieval than most anime, no question. That's one of the best things about it. I do find the constant economics lessons dull, though... that's one of my least favorite subjects. I mean, it's a very good series, but economics...

In defense of the Middle Ages, though, while most peoples' lives weren't that great, it wasn't THAT much worse than the period before, overall, really... I mean, apart for the plagues and such, but 600 years of the thousand years of the Dark and Middle Ages were bubonic plague free. It was only the beginning and end that were bad... anyway though, sure, most people had hard lives, but that's true in much of history. And darnit, castles are cool. The middle ages always were my favorite historical period...

Except worse, because you have to appease capricious gods for a good crop on top of all the other misery.

And then those gods eat you anyway when you stray into the forest.
Hah, true. In the real Middle Ages, they only had to appease the church and their lord (if their lord didn't work for the church, that is), not gods like Holo as well.

Jex

thats how Kino's journey explored "{countries". Kino always just went to one city that represented the way the country operated. It worked out well for that series. Theres really not a better way to do it in a short series.
Well, it's more of a general sci-fi trope really. A number of works commit it, for whatever reason. I personally think it's rather stupid, but there you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom