• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Tsuritama Ep7

Nice follow up to the previous major climax. I like how the episodes started building up how strained the relations were getting, and finally finding an outlet for the characters to resolve some of their differences. Overall the episode is quite a downer, and it doesn't look like they'll be moving back into real happy-zone anytime soon. The story developments are also getting more interesting. At this point, I'm expecting things to escalate quickly, and by the end of the series we might be looking at something like The Abyss' climax. :eek:

Kazzy

Fighting immaturity with immaturity will get you nowhere. :p

tumblr_m419x3CIsJ1r1sj6oo1_500.gif

...but it's sure fun to watch!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Fujiko 08
Maybe the ending scene had simply adjusted my mind set...but all of the sudden the ED seems incredibly unsettling. I didn't realize until now that she was just a kid in a lot of the ED.

sonicmj1

And to think I was worried the thread would move slowly enough that I might accidentally fit in enough posts to reach 100.

Lupin III 8

A welcome return to quality.

That was a pretty crazy set of caper circumstances, but I'm most interested by the backstory teases that showed up. When Lupin started listing off
ways to control when someone dies, including hypnosis
it suggested some potentially strange stuff in the future.

I still don't quite get why people say the show is so up and down, when only one episode has really been poor, and only two or three are less than excellent. I've been very satisfied so far.

Sakamichi no Apollon 7

They really knocked this one out of the ballpark, as everyone already mentioned.

I really like how this show uses musical performances as character development.

Steroyd

All those eating gifs and pics, and no-one posted the Hina eating a banana gif... well that's a shocker.

Kids on a Slope - 07

This episode was alot better with prancing fairy guy acting rather normal for the most part, couldn't help but laugh at Richie eloping.

Sengoku Collection - 08

Wut.

Sanakarea - 08

I hope Rea gives her father one of those zombie punches.

/XX/

/XX/ just scraped in there this around.
Hey, I made it to the previous WALL OF SHAME too! Don't you forget my hard-earned achievements, good man.

How come I always see you at the first pages of this threads but later on you practically never post, Nonoriri? More consistency (more posts), please.

Nossa, nossa. Assim você me mata. Ai se eu te pego.~
Now you are imagining Cristiano Ronaldo and Marcelo dancing to this song as they celebrate a goal.

>>implying trejo isn't already deep into the void
You keep doing that, I do not think it does what you think it does...

I just barely made it in.
Step your game up! Even someone insignificant like me has surpassed you this time.

Are you happy now, folks?
Wow! At this rate, and backed by the quality of your posts, you are going to be the new thread mid/final boss.

Stop making me hungry. :(
Hungry for woooooords?
Or Fate/Zero branded cakes?

As usual you have it completely backwards. The episodic format and the storytelling for the series is fine mostly; it's the characters that suck..
the life out of the series
:D
lol

That entire post just tells me that the format itself wasn't to the viewer's liking. And trust me: the shading is being used much better than it was in the first episodes, though I was never offended by it to start with.

Always a new thread when its the overnight here. Or rather, Sengoku Collection 8 made me so sleepy.

I also spent the last few weeks watching Avatar the Last Airbender.

For anybody who was ever thinking about watching that show. Don't. Really don't. It is unbelievably terrible even in comparison to generic shounen anime.

I'm glad to be back watching anime.

First season only had three good episodes (the last ones, and the Jet episode), it really felt like filler, Season 2/3 was nice cause of the Zuko developments and the fact that, Fandom Secret,
there was no war in bah sing se
, though the rushed ending :/

Ranking time for me (so far):

1. Fate/Zero S2
2. Tsuritama
3. Hyouka
4. Kids On The Slope
5. Space Bros
6. Dusk Maiden
7. Lupin III
8. Mysterious Girlfriend X
9. Sankarea
10. Nyaruko-San

1. Tsuritama
2. Saint Seiya Omega
3. Hyouka
4. Hiiro no Kakera

The rest vary from week to week for me.

Articalys

Yay! Another one joins my flock!
Well, the entire reason I blazed through E7 this week was to be able to go to the AO panel at Fanime, so why not get up to date on the current show as well?

Though I have to admit, moving to AO after having almost literally just finished E7 probably had a big effect on my reactions to some of the stuff in those first four episodes, especially
the addition to the opening animation for episode 3, and then the change to that for episode 4. You know the ones

cajunator

Banned
Space Bros 8

the noble space pug saves the day.
i was wondering what was in the envelope but the preview pretty much just gave it away. god damnit :(

Luckily I didn't get spoiled. One reason why I don't watch those shitty previews!

So me and a friend of mine are looking for more anime to watch. We've currently watched:

- One Piece
- Samurai Champloo
- Gurren Lagann
- approx 1/4 of the Higurashi series

Gonna watch:

- Genshiken 1/2
- Haruhi 1/2
- Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
- Madoka

Any recommendations based on that stuff?

Genshiken 1-2 = excellent
Haruhi 1 = OK. 2 havent seen.
FMA:B = cant say anything really
Madoka = must watch

Smile PreCure! 16

how the hell did yayoi make it past the first grade?

With her nice
jan ken pon

trejo

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia 07

Edit: Oh, I almost forgot to mention one of the most striking and daring visual effects. The show often uses artificial blocking and adjusted screen sizes, and it is usually extremely poor in its implementation. This episode, however has a scene involving Yuuko's night of despair which features shrinking blocks. It becomes a pretty vital piece of the scene with how trapped Yuuko is in her situation. Just another thing the show eventually got right, though I suspect they will go on to misuse the effect in the future.

Yeah, while I was watching I also thought the way the implemented that visual motif was used to great effect. A number of times the shows goes a bit overboard and it just seems all too apparent that they use all those quirky visuals to hide some budget constraints but every once in a while they really do manage to hit it out of the park in terms of execution and implementation. That was definitely one of those times.

cajunator

Banned
Dude many of those specialty restaurants are pretty expensive. I blew a bunch in the Type-Moon cafe for some Saber cake. It did look pretty though.

I would spend a stupid amount of money if I had access to such places.
Seemsl ike a really funp lace to just hang out at and be nerdlish.

Jex

That's it. That's exactly it. Sayo Yamamoto is the new queen of Anime-GAF uncertainty. Now we just need more productions directed by her to set everyone off repeatedly!

Of course she also storyboarded...certain bathtub sequences from High School of the Dead.

wonzo

Banned
Dragoon En Regalia 27
Jexhius 26
Ultimadrago 16
wonzo 16
Regulus Tera 15
Femmeworth 13
Uchip 12
hosannainexcelsis 11
Dresden 9
Chet Rippo 9
Brazil 8
Mad Pierrot 8
duckroll 7
Hitokage 7
Branduil 7
cosmicblizzard 7
cajunator 6

and thus the third king rises

Jex

It has a shot. It will probably come close, but if we post at the rate of last thread, this one would just about end when the summer season is starting. An OT4 is going to be tough to do under conventional methods.

Some School Days/Code Geass suicide pacts could certainly alter that, though.

If the last few pages of OT2 are anything to tell by, we wont be following conventional methods.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Dragoon En Regalia 27
Jexhius 26
Ultimadrago 16
wonzo 16
Regulus Tera 15
Femmeworth 13
Uchip 12
hosannainexcelsis 11
Dresden 9
Chet Rippo 9
Brazil 8
Mad Pierrot 8
duckroll 7
Hitokage 7
Branduil 7
cosmicblizzard 7
cajunator 6

and thus the third king rises

I'm not even charting yet, there's still hope for my future!

Jex

Speaking of Azazel-san, the third OVA was just released this week.

Oh snap, really? I should keep up to date with that, considering how much I enjoyed the original show.

In general, however, I can't think of many OVA's released as an add-on to the end of a series that were actually any good. Outside of Wolf's Rain, of course. Then again, as a comedy, perhaps that particular problem wont arise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom