• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bave 10 12
e1zJM.jpg
And that's it. They win because of basically bullshit. And the main conflict the show was hyping up before then never actually gets resolved. Oh joy. Even if there was another season, I wouldn't watch it. Isanami and Ana deserve better than this show. And what the fuck happened to this character?
Well, my side of the pact is done. Manyuu impressions sustain me.

Jex

Rebuild has Mari. Therefore it wins.

Mari isn't even a character. They even admitted that they putted her in the movie just to have a girl with glasses and tits, as well as to cutting out the stuff from the script that fleshed her out because they didn't have time for it.

Shitty and interesting is better than shitty and of absolutely no value whatsoever. Mari is literally plot-armor doll. What the fuck.

I found the Trava DVD on Amazon, finally, so I'll see what I can get done with that. It's only one part missing from the YT series, though, so I'm cautious about making the purchase.

Branduil

I'm going to tune in next week to solve the mystery of how we will get through an entire episode of cute girls in an onsen without a single shot of fanservice. Because you know, it's KyoAni and there probably won't be any.

How do you explain the ED, then?

Uchip

Banned
KyoAni toothbrush action would be a sight to behold

ok
someone has to explain to me how that scene was attractive in any shape or form
the very thought of scraping plaque, toothpaste and druel out of someone elses mouth is quite unsavoury (not to mention it was his little sister)

Branduil

If we're talking about using the full range of talents available in both 2D and 3D, sure. If we're talking about more traditional stuff though, I think Lupin, Tsuritama, E7AO, and some episodes of Saint Seiya Omega all have pretty solid background work.

Is filtering photographs really traditional?

jman2050

ok
someone has to explain to me how that scene was attractive in any shape or form
the very thought of scraping plaque, toothpaste and druel out of someone elses mouth is quite unsavoury (not to mention it was his little sister)

You're answering your own question!

Articalys

Let's see, at various points during Fanime while wandering by the video rooms I actually stuck around for at least five minutes to watch parts of the following shows:

- roughly 2/3 of an episode of Squid Girl S2
- the last three or so episodes of Sailor Moon S
- about half an episode of Video Girl Ai
- about 20 minutes of Lupin III Eternal Mermaid
- about half an episode of Nadesico
- second half of episode 3 of Utena and the first half of ep 4
- about 20 random minutes of A Dark Rabbit Has Seven Lives
- the last half hour of Gurren Lagann: Lagann-hen, where the audience really got into the final battle
- the last half hour of Rebuild 2.0, because I really wanted to see again the scene that wonzo mentioned about 50 posts ago

Branduil

AKB0048 05:

They're just about on par with the infamous image of a copy-paste sidewalk in Angel Beats! that's been posted here a few times.

Just a note, the sidewalk in Angel Beats isn't posted because of its repeating pattern, it's posted because it's literally just one of the default filters in Photoshop.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Bave 10 12

And that's it. They win because of basically bullshit. And the main conflict the show was hyping up before then never actually gets resolved. Oh joy. Even if there was another season, I wouldn't watch it. Isanami and Ana deserve better than this show. And what the fuck happened to this character?
Well, my side of the pact is done. Manyuu impressions sustain me.

I'm downing the rest in one session tomorrow! Be ready to lap up my tears.

but mari's the worst thing about rebuild

Worst character? Absolutely. Single worst thing for me had to be
switching out Toji for Asuka in the Bardiel fight and adding in that shitty insert song in place of The Beast II/Sin from Genesis
, though. Fuck that shit a million times over.

Imagine how much better Hyouka would be if Eru got replaced by Senjougahara.
And if Oreki was a pedo.

Even considering these possibilities is just going to harm my enjoyment of the show further.

Rider's bread versus Rick's bread is the showdown of the century.

I thought that there was an image circulating ManGAF that put this battle to rest pretty decisively.

Random question.

Best animated cat in anime?

Now and forever.

Kagami

Sankarea 1-5
Finally got around this to checking this out, one of Funimation's two late-start simulcasts.

Episodes 1-3: Slow-paced. I assume the intent was
to drive home how stifling and painful Rea's life is, so that when she finally escapes it by being "reborn," we can share that relief with her,
but unfortunately I found it dull on the whole. I wonder if they could have compressed that into two episodes instead of three, and maybe put some details in flashbacks later if needed.
Normally I'd have dropped the show at this point, but a number of people here talked about it changing after the third episode, so I decided to go ahead and watch all five that Funimation has up at the moment.

Episodes 4-5: Love-triangle character comedy with zombie humor. These two episodes were a lot more enjoyable than the drawn-out first three, and it feels like the show's finally gotten started. I can't say I've suddenly become a huge fan, but it's reasonably watchable anyway. Now that I'm over the hump of the first three, maybe the rest will be smooth sailing. Will check out a couple more eps at least.

Next up is to check out Funi's other late-start simulcast, Eureka 7 AO, the only show on my list I haven't gotten to yet.

Branduil

Sankarea 1-5
Finally got around this to checking this out, one of Funimation's two late-start simulcasts.

Episodes 1-3: Slow-paced. I assume the intent was
to drive home how stifling and painful Rea's life is, so that when she finally escapes it by being "reborn," we can share that relief with her,
but unfortunately I found it dull on the whole. I wonder if they could have compressed that into two episodes instead of three, and maybe put some details in flashbacks later if needed.
Normally I'd have dropped the show at this point, but a number of people here talked about it changing after the third episode, so I decided to go ahead and watch all five that Funimation has up at the moment.

Episodes 4-5: Love-triangle character comedy with zombie humor. These two episodes were a lot more enjoyable than the drawn-out first three, and it feels like the show's finally gotten started. I can't say I've suddenly become a huge fan, but it's reasonably watchable anyway. Now that I'm over the hump of the first three, maybe the rest will be smooth sailing. Will check out a couple more eps at least.

My brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom