• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
i'm about to go to sleep and if i don't see 500+ new posts when i wake up then i'm gonna be pretty disappointed

Jex

I don't know, I'd be pretty sad if we never got to see the war in Balbadd animated.

Fans of certain manga tend to talk about this arc or that arc that they'd like to see animated, but sometimes it can end up like the Berserk movies.

I wonder if the Berserk movies are one of the worst cases of a work where everyone was excited for them to animate the manga (finally) only to find out that it looks awful?

Jex

Front Mission with bad character designs?

Do you have something against greased up women and horsemen?
Masamune Shirow and bad character design... wow

I understand for some people he has a certain... appeal.
Fate/Zero is 25 episodes in total. S1 was 13 eps, S2 will be 12 eps. Currently we're on episode 20, and episode 21 will air this Saturday. The series will end on June 23 2012, and it will be a most glorious day.

It will be especially glorious because we can then all go straight into the first epsidoe of Fate/StayNight!
Mysterious Girlfriend X 7

ueno is clearly the winner in this show. i mean, urabe's cute and all but damn!

*nods sagely*

It will be especially glorious because we can then all go straight into the first epsidoe of Fate/StayNight!

If only some company would release it on Blu-Ray or rerelease it then I could finally see it (dub). Last time I tried to get it from netflix they didnt have the second disc in stock and most disc had too long of a wait time.

trejo

I think Ueno being the luckiest motherfucker in MGX is the most unanimously in agreement animeGAF has ever been about anything.

Jex

Fujiko 08
Maybe the ending scene had simply adjusted my mind set...but all of the sudden the ED seems incredibly unsettling. I didn't realize until now that she was just a kid in a lot of the ED.

It's pretty clear from her shape and size that she's fairly young. That juxtaposition makes the whole ED fairly unsettling and it's not something you'd expect to see in a Lupin show.

Jex

I think Ueno being the luckiest motherfucker in MGX is the most unanimously in agreement animeGAF has ever been about anything.

Huh, I do believe you're right my good sir. Every single post I read in response to the last episode praised the superiority of Ueno's girlfriend. I suppose she's the first girl that everyone approves of.

I wonder what that says about this thread.

Defuser

Sakamachi no Apollon ep 7
Holy fuck, HOLY FUCK. The performance is fucking incredible, I enjoy every single minute of it.

Theonik

Fans of certain manga tend to talk about this arc or that arc that they'd like to see animated, but sometimes it can end up like the Berserk movies.

I wonder if the Berserk movies are one of the worst cases of a work where everyone was excited for them to animate the manga (finally) only to find out that it looks awful?
Yes, it's quite unfortunate really. I feel the same about Vagabond but I know that in all likelihood any anime adaptation will be disappointing.

Risette

A Good Citizen
It honestly is
the only episode that was sub par was Rins episode
that and the fact that girls in the show seem like they were drawn by a different studio

its like they are a different species
Rin's episode is one of the most well directed episodes in the series :/

Hanasaku Iroha 17-26
Finally finished it. Been meaning to watch it, but due to work, ot, and procrastination. Had to watch episode 16 since its been months since I seen it. Story was well done. Way better than AnoHana.

Wait hyouka will have a hot spring eps?

hmmmm...best shower/hotspring scenes out of kyoani.

spring.jpg

Quite possibly the best eps of fmp fumoffu

spring2.png

Good old uncensored incest crazy people yuri

Jarmel

Banned
I would spend a stupid amount of money if I had access to such places.
Seemsl ike a really funp lace to just hang out at and be nerdlish.

The place was actually really cool. I went on the last day they had the F/Z stuff up
Christmas Day
and had dinner there.

Had the best tofu of my life there.

how did the sincake taste?

I initially just wanted to protect it but later accepted that my role was to eat it.
So it tasted quite good.

Coxy

Eden of the East 1
if I take a drink every time he gets his cock out how messed up will I be by the end of the day?

Community hasn't really slowed us down, although a question does remain about our viability for those who don't know about 'communities'.

I thought you only existed in the Lupin Thread?
I got better.

For the most part: I've just been plain busy, and I have something of a guilty conscience due to my lack of recent submissions to the site I publish for. That's all.

Fujiko 08
Maybe the ending scene had simply adjusted my mind set...but all of the sudden the ED seems incredibly unsettling. I didn't realize until now that she was just a kid in a lot of the ED.

It took you until now to notice? I was creeped out by young Fujiko since the full ED was shown in episode 2. I don't really like her design.

Oh snap, really? I should keep up to date with that, considering how much I enjoyed the original show.

In general, however, I can't think of many OVA's released as an add-on to the end of a series that were actually any good. Outside of Wolf's Rain, of course. Then again, as a comedy, perhaps that particular problem wont arise.

Azazel-san isn't in the same situation as most shows, since it released two OVAs first, then went ahead with the TV series, and now is going back to the OVA series for a third outing.

Like Medaka box?

Unlike Medaka Box, Binbougami ga

1) Is from the director and team behind Gintama, a.k.a. the best comedy ever, and

2) The manga is actually good.

You don't have to rely on cosmic hype for this one.

Hanasaku Iroha 17-26
Finally finished it. Been meaning to watch it, but due to work, ot, and procrastination. Had to watch episode 16 since its been months since I seen it. Story was well done. Way better than AnoHana.

The eternal conflict lives on. If you can really call it a conflict when one of the participants failed so miserably. (In other words, you're right.)

kids on the slope 07

So what kind of technique did they use the instrument sequences? It looks like rotoscoping... but...

And gahhh my brain can't comprehend high school romance no more post SD.

High school romance is just
fuck
ing or
stabb
ing right RIGHT?

Also music. Show rocks when there is jazz and bromance. Not soo much with pesky women.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Unlike Medaka Box, Binbougami ga

1) Is from the director and team behind Gintama, a.k.a. the best comedy ever, and

2) The manga is actually good.

You don't have to rely on cosmic hype for this one.

I disagree. The Medaka Box manga is pretty good.

Binbougami ga does sound interesting, though.

Sankarea 8
What an awful episode. While the show had already fallen from it's quality opening episodes, this was the first time I really had to force myself to finish an episode.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
How did I ascend the List of Shame so quickly. I've become a monster, haven't I?

It won't last, thankfully, but I really need to have some self-control.

Let's all stop posting forever so this thread can be closed when Summer Season starts with Dragoon at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom