• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
That really does look quite poor, especially for a close up like that.

That really does look terrible. Sphere should sue!

I see my impressions of this episode were lost in the mess yesterday, haha.

CP3C2.jpg

Jex

Unlike Medaka Box, Binbougami ga

1) Is from the director and team behind Gintama, a.k.a. the best comedy ever, and

2) The manga is actually good.

You don't have to rely on cosmic hype for this one.

Well, those are all legitimately good reasons to get excited. I will add it to my list!

Makoto

I see my impressions of this episode were lost in the mess yesterday, haha.

http://i.imgur.com/CP3C2.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
In retrospect, I want to give the animators the benefit of the doubt for the above picture because that was supposed to be a comedic moment for Saki, but who am I kidding, this whole episode was a mess in terms of aesthetics. I edited my impressions as you were in fact the first to bring these abominations to light.

Dresden

The real frontier is OT5. Considering how a bunch of animegaffers are good for nothing students doing jack shit in Summer . . .

Anyways, I think my backlog is complete for Summer:

-catch up on whatever shows I missed this season

-Armored Trooper VOTOMS

-Marco

-bunch of movies I haven't gotten around to seeing since 2010 (fucking nobita)

That's like 100+ episodes of anime plus a shitload of movies. My body is ready to not meet those goals.

Jex

Cast your votes for Sai Mecha2012, Round 1 - Colonies Side at http://saimecha.wordpress.com/2012/05/24/sai-mecha-2012-round-1-colonies-side/

There were some harder choices this time around so I expect we'll be seeing some differing opinions this time around.

[WD-M01 Turn A Gundam (Turn A Gundam)] vs Tauburn (Star Driver)

This was an easy one. While I do feel like the Tauburn has a pretty cool design that fits well into it's show it's got no chance against the Turn A.

Black Getter (Getter Robo: Apocalypse) vs [Giant Robo (Giant Robo)]

If I had finished Apocalypse I feel like this might have been a harder choice, but I haven't. The point goes to ROBO.

[MS-07B Gouf Custom (Gundam: The 08th MS Team)] vs Gurren Mk. II (Code Geass)

This is a very trick one. Two cool robots which both star in a number of excellent action scenes in their respective shows. In the end I had to go with the Gouf today because the pilot, Norris, happens to star in one of my favourite action scenes in any Gundam show. Also, Karren is a worthless pilot.

Tachikoma (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex) vs [RX-78-GP03 Dendrobium (Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory)]

These machines are very, very different so it's hard to chose one over the other. I went with the Dendrobium because of the way it realistically represents what would happen if a Gundam actually had hundreds of guns and missiles attached to it.

[Gunbuster (Top wo Nerai! Gunbuster)] vs RX-0 Unicorn Gundam (Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn)

Another tough choice. Gunbuster and Unicorn are both interesting, if flawed works and the Gundam Unicorn in particular might be my favourite design for any Gundam lead mecha. Ever. However, in the end I feel compelled to go for the heart of Gunbuster.

Aquarion EVOL (Aquarion EVOL) vs [Gao Gai Gar (The King of Braves Gao Gai Gar)]

An easy choice.

[ATM-09-ST Scopedog (Armored Trooper VOTOMS)] vs Escaflowne (Tenkuu no Escaflowne)

Once again, these are two very different machines going head to head and depending on my mood I could see myself voting either way. However, I enjoy the underdog aspect of the Scopedog, so he gets my vote.

[NZ-666 Kshatriya (Gundam Unicorn)] vs YF-29 Durandal (Macross Frontier movies)

I don't know anything about the Durandal.

This whole competition serves to remind me that there are still some fairly well known mecha shows I haven't seen. Oh, and that Gundam Unicorn has some seriously amazing mecha designs.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I didn't recognize (or more precisely, I haven't seen their respective shows) of more of them this time, so in those cases I just went with whichever one looked cooler.

cajunator

Banned
I've heard various people say that sleep is overrated.

Not if you just worked an 84 hour work week - and still have 12 hours left to go >_>

Cajun's just giving everyone a head start. It's the gentlemanly thing to do.

I am a kind and gentle squee machine. I do not dictate mercilessly.

The place was actually really cool. I went on the last day they had the F/Z stuff up
Christmas Day
and had dinner there.

Had the best tofu of my life there.

I initially just wanted to protect it but later accepted that my role was to eat it.
So it tasted quite good.

That sword and scabbard. HOLY SHIT. Now there's an example of something beyond my price range!

Acchi kocchi 8

yukata eps!

A lot of fun things this eps. I do kinda think they need to mix up their cute 'gags' though. Still cute cute though.

isqbgsQusCH5j.gif

Spirit Neko Attack!

i85zGCvBZ9lFu.gif

synthesia in anime? Good old memories.

i6IF2FrGxxK5B.gif

:D

might just be america, but all the stuffed things i've won in amusement parks or fairs tend to be not soft and fluffy at all =/

Tonight at work is going to be awful. Its going to be very busy, its the end of the months allocation for fuel in an already fuel-deficient state (Texas), an asshole dispatcher is working the books in the AM that I will have to work behind and fix all the problems of, and the moment I arrive at work pretty much I'll be swamped with pissed off customers looking for their fuel loads. I'm going to need this episode in the worst way so I'm saving it for when I'm finally done with this 96 hour work week slog.

Natsuiro Kiseki 8

Edit: As mentioned by Brazil, faces in this episode looked worse than usual. It's like they gained weight but most of it went to their cheeks or something. The girls are eating too much of that ice cream.

This show looks hilariously bad. but somehow, I think I prefer Sengoku Collection over it.
I think it's Ieyasu's fault. she is legit hnnng.

Dresden

Turn A Gundam (obvious choice)

Giant Robo (haven't seen the other)

Gouf Custom (Gurren is a shitty robot and its pilot is a shitty character in a trainwreck show.)

Tachikoma

Gunbuster (I'm fond of the Unicorn but it's the fucking Gunbuster.)

GaoGaiGar (Anyone who votes for the abomination that is the Evol should be tarred and feathered.)

Scopedog (Not familiar with the Escaflowne universe outside of the much-maligned movie. Also prefer the Scopedog's design.)

Kshatriya

Where is Ghostlightning?

-playing rock ballads to hostile aliens

Jex

i'm about to go to sleep and if i don't see 500+ new posts when i wake up then i'm gonna be pretty disappointed

I am sorry that we can't perform such a feat without the aid of lots more anime food pictures.

Ultimadrago

WD-M01 Turn A Gundam (Turn A Gundam)

Black Getter (Getter Robo: Apocalypse)

Gurren Mk. II (Code Geass)

RX-78-GP03 Dendrobium (Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory)

Gunbuster (Top wo Nerai! Gunbuster) (Tougher one, but the black and yellow just look really good in that sample pic)

Gao Gai Gar (The King of Braves Gao Gai Gar)

Escaflowne (Tenkuu no Escaflowne)

NZ-666 Kshatriya (Gundam Unicorn)

Where is Ghostlightning?

Who's Ghostlightning?

With that nickname, I'm guessing they're probably stuck in a training montage loop.

cajunator

Banned
I am sorry that we can't perform such a feat without the aid of lots more anime food pictures.

That kind of phenomenon is only a once a thread sort of deal, when the world is ending and all the naughty post monsters are up and about causing mischief.

Jex

Which reminds me:

Where is Ghostlightning?

They're probably stuck in a training montage loop.

For reference, Ghostlighting runs one of the few blogs that I frequent: http://ghostlightning.wordpress.com/

At the moment, besides dealing with the whole 'having a family thing' he spent the last year starting a business (which seemed to involve working till 1am every night) and now that the business won an award for the best startup award it seems that he's trying to move up to a different job. I really cant imagine how he ever had time to write about anime to begin with.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Turn A

Giant Robo

Gurren Mk. II

Tachikoma

Gunbuster

GaoGaiGar

Escaflowne

Kshatriya

I'm not the biggest mecha buff so I probably shouldn't be voting anyway, but as long as the CG mechs lose, I don't care who wins!

SHOW ME THE ANCIENT JAPANESE CAT SPIRIT!

SPIRIT CAT STRIKE!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Shining Hearts - Shiawase no Pan 7

Oh my God, I was just kidding at the time, but I actually called it! Bwahahahah! This series is unbelievable.

I was happy because they decided to skip the OP this week... But then the awful song started playing during a random scene. Ugh. As for the episode itself, I guess it's a good thing that Xiao Mei is apparently one of the most important characters in the plot, despite how she's probably going to make everyone sad by turning Rick
away from baking.

And what was up with this part? Terrible.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Kore wa Zombie desu ka Episode 8

This bitch cray.

I'm still wondering who has the biggest boobs on the show. Maelstrom's look huge in the official artwork, but there is also Seras and Kyouko.

cajunator

Banned
SHOW ME THE ANCIENT JAPANESE CAT SPIRIT!

I totally read this in that old dude's voice from Garzey's Wing. I have been infected.

Oh my God, I was just kidding at the time, but I actually called it! Bwahahahah! This series is unbelievable.

I was happy because they decided to skip the OP this week... But then the awful song started playing during a random scene. Ugh. As for the episode itself, I guess it's a good thing that Xiao Mei is apparently one of the most important characters in the plot, despite how she's probably going to make everyone sad by turning Rick
away from baking.

Xiao looks like she will have to save this show for me. The figurine I bought of her is so lovely. She's an elegant catgirl.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

away from baking.

ahahahahaha, seriously? SERIOUSLY?

Also, Rick
has bad pussy just one time and he can't pound his dough anymore
? Sad.

Fans of certain manga tend to talk about this arc or that arc that they'd like to see animated, but sometimes it can end up like the Berserk movies.

I wonder if the Berserk movies are one of the worst cases of a work where everyone was excited for them to animate the manga (finally) only to find out that it looks awful?

I'd take something of Berserk movie quality in an instant over nothing. The only thing I thought looked ugly about it was some of the cg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom