• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Tapejara

Looking at that I just realized I like the Clone trooper helmet way more than the Stormtrooper helmet.

I feel this way, but it's probably because I associate the Clone trooper helmet with Rex and the gang, whereas the Stormtroopers were just mooks.

First order Storm Troopers look like a nice middle ground between the 3 old designs

Agreed. I love the new design.

Pre-orders for the Star Wars steelbooks go live on Zavvi's website tomorrow in the UK. Currently the whole set is listed at £150. They know what they can do if they're charging that much.

Back of the steelbooks is the poster art by the looks of it.

11158296-2004316646782490.jpg

11158297-2994316646710850.jpg

11158300-1224316646516870.jpg

11158301-1194316646649431.jpg

11158302-7794316646594285.jpg

11158303-1244316646732606.jpg

Fj0823

Pre-orders for the Star Wars steelbooks go live on Zavvi's website tomorrow in the UK. Currently the whole set is listed at £150. They know what they can do if they're charging that much.

Hate how Obi-Wan got his saber color changed by the background effect in Eps I and II

Also, I'd like to comment on how FASCINATING the reactions to the "No mention of Midichlorians" news on FB (wider audience) compared to forums are

Only a handful of "YEAH FUCK THE PREQUELS" compared to the amount of "Well this was lost knowledge so it makes sense, They're always there so no need to mention them as it would contradict what we know, how is this news?"

The posts I read were the IGN one and another from a movie magazine from my country, In case you're wondering.

curb

Banned
Me neither. They're nice, but there's no reason for me to re-buy all of the Star Wars films.

I don't see any real reason either but the poster are looks really great. If I hadn't just bought them all on blu-ray a few months ago though, I'd at least be casually considering it.

Sayers

I like the fronts a lot but they made a couple mistakes. Should have been all villains; episode 2 should be a clone trooper. And 4 and 5 should be flipped.

Sayers

Anyone played The Old Republic? It's BioWare + Star Wars so I've always been really interested but I really don't care for MMOs.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!

11158296-2004316646782490.jpg

11158297-2994316646710850.jpg

11158300-1224316646516870.jpg

11158301-1194316646649431.jpg

11158302-7794316646594285.jpg

11158303-1244316646732606.jpg

ep 2 and 6 with the reversed colors is bothering me a lot.

Rootbeer

Banned
Dang, I totally would have caved on that micromachines set. :)

I'm actually hitting up Target and Toys R Us in a few hours, because if you saw my earlier post in this thread I found some Force Awakens merch already on the shelf (though not as cool as this!)

I will be seeking anything that's new and Star Wars!

Afterwards, I am going to see Fantastic Four. Oh yes... it is happening. Keep me in your thoughts.

Fj0823

Dang, I totally would have caved on that micromachines set. :)

I'm actually hitting up Target and Toys R Us in a few hours, because if you saw my earlier post in this thread I found some Force Awakens merch already on the shelf (though not as cool as this!)

I will be seeking anything that's new and Star Wars!

Afterwards, I am going to see Fantastic Four. Oh yes... it is happening. Keep me in your thoughts.

May the Force be with you.
That movie almost made me go full Sith.

Kwixotik

I watched the full trilogy for the first time since I was a little kid yesterday (despecialized edition) and I've been playing the Edge of the Empire tabletop game. Where's the best place to start with EU?

Rootbeer

Banned
Got my Trooper today from hasbrotoyshop.com! Officially my first piece of TFA merchandise.

The first of many, many.

And so it begins...

11822824_10153473828586063_1343043164400798404_n.jpg

Monocle

it really shows he had a blast and I love it, he makes the prequels watchable for me
He's absolutely the highlight of those movies. Too bad they borked the Emperor's makeup in ROTS. That rubbery skin and fat neck... tragic.

They will, just not with the exclusive packaging. I expect the Stormtrooper and TIE pilot might be released on Force Friday.

My problem is that when they eventually get in stores, they rarely have large stock come ot Tassie and then when I did manage to get over the Bass Strait, there aren't any left. Myer Melbourne just had a bunch of prequel Obis in stock last month.

Know any good Aussie sites to get them online?

My problem is that when they eventually get in stores, they rarely have large stock come ot Tassie and then when I did manage to get over the Bass Strait, there aren't any left. Myer Melbourne just had a bunch of prequel Obis in stock last month.

Know any good Aussie sites to get them online?
I'm not familiar with any Aussie sites unfortunately. There's usually quite a few options here in the UK. Speaking of prequel Obi-Wan, I wish they'd done a better job with him.

Fj0823

He's absolutely the highlight of those movies. Too bad they borked the Emperor's makeup in ROTS. That rubbery skin and fat neck... tragic.

I always try to think that A) His deformed Face is still a recent "wound". B) He's younger.

McDiarmid was interviewed for celebration and he said that he knows its a product of Diferent makeup techniques, but that for him, the in universe explanation is that he's in a transition stage.

So that's good enough for me.

That makes it easier to watch. Sure he looks that way in ep V, but its still better than monkey eyes.

The Daily Mirror have posted a few pictures from what looks like Rogue One's production. They seem to think it's from the Force Awakens but the Stormtroopers are wearing OT costumes. Looks like they're re-using a few things from the Force Awakens as well. There aren't any spoilers but I won't post them directly anyway.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/star-wars-force-awakens-storm-6218981#ICID=sharebar_twitter
They look pretty nice. I'm pumped for Rogue One. We should start hearing official stuff about it soon.
Love the OT Stormtroopers.

Simo

Hey guys not sure if this is a custom being passed off as the real deal but if not, it looks like somebody already has the Kylo Ren Black series figure...
11875484_484032361763590_870016889_n.jpg

Looks to match the leaked prototype photo from last year and I haven't seen any customs with that kind of detail on the lightsaber and hilt but I could be wrong.

Also GameStop/EBgames is getting in on the September 4th merch barrage too:
http://imgur.com/eX6gVX2,YBuCbAn,K394bJM,l2JwJTm,mOlYsg1,GwqdlP7,cKBDyXi
via reddit.

Rootbeer

Banned
Source for the Kylo Ren pic?

If that is real then it pretty much solves all the bitching people have been doing about the lightsaber because now we know exactly what it looks like when fully ignited, so it CAN work as a proper crossguard.

Simo

Source for the Kylo Ren pic?

It's on Instagram. On my phone so hard to link but go there and search for #theforceawakens or #episode7 and you'll see it. Seems to be from a toy collector and trader based in the Philippines.

Rootbeer

Banned
Thanks for following up. Yeah, I found the post you mean. Seems the person is from the Philippines which makes perfect sense, a lot of Ninja Turtle figures also start showing up in collector hands there first as well.

Simo

Thanks for following up. Yeah, I found the post you mean. Seems the person is from the Philippines which makes perfect sense, a lot of Ninja Turtle figures also start showing up in collector hands there first as well.

Yeah, isn't usually because of the production facilities being located in China so stores and such get them first or throw them up on eBay near there before they're shipped for wholesale to the US?

I figured that'd offer more credibility of the photo being legit and Wal-Mart is supposed to begin setting up the toy aisles tomorrow ready for Force Friday according to their planogram sheets.

Top Bottom