• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

What are the chances of the trailer appearing before Jurassic World's return to Imax 3D?

Anyway, first time poster in here who happens to be a fan of the prequel trilogy. I came out of episodes 2 and 3 disappointed only because I felt like I wasn't supposed to like them because of fan backlash.

But on a recent rewatch of them all, I honestly don't see them as being anything substantially less than the original trilogy. Anakin makes me cringe in some scenes but so do Luke and Han.

It also helps to use head canon to explain away midichlorians. The Jedi became too focused on defining and measuring the force that it ultimately lead to their blindness during their fall. It's only after Yoda goes back to his roots when he discovers their missteps and corrects them when teaching Luke. Works for me, but I was never that huge of a SW fan so what do I know? Hell, as a kid, Spaceballs was part of the canon as far as I knew.

Prophecy.

vpKN5kc.gif

graffix13

Off the top of my head, I can think of the Umbara arc and whatever the first Clone arc is of season six.

Pretty please.
Rookies was a good one and Kamino was decent.

The Order 66 arc. But if you're not going to watch the whole series, graffix, you should focus on the part that matters: Anakin and Ahsoka.

Thanks. I will look for those tonight.

Wanting to see more Anakin (he's my favorite character of the show) but it seems like most of them focus on Obi-Wan. I just need to watch more.

I guess the latest rumor is that the trailer is dropping tomorrow at 10am PST? Dump trucks of salt and all that but at least we won't need to wait long to find out.

I mean I could see it being true given the tease today and tomorrow being a week until Force Friday. Drop the trailer to get everyone hyped up right before the merch hits.

Anywho, here's Target's exclusive remote controlled BB-8 in action. lol
https://m.facebook.com/groups/14541...495033324788066870:eligibleForSeeFirstBumping.

The trailer rumor originated on SW7N's Cantina forum, which has a credibility rating that's about the same as 4chan and Reddit:
https://thecantina.starwars7news.com/index.php?threads/trailer-1-to-be-released-tomorrow.4466/

The OP ran away as soon as they wanted him to verify his source to the owner of the site, which means it could be pulled from his ass.

Simo

The trailer rumor originated on SW7N's Cantina forum, which has a credibility rating that's about the same as 4chan and Reddit:
https://thecantina.starwars7news.com/index.php?threads/trailer-1-to-be-released-tomorrow.4466/

The OP ran away as soon as they wanted him to verify his source to the owner of the site, which means it could be pulled from his ass.

Yeah but sometimes some gold can be found in a mountain of turd, like the 4chan post about D23 being pretty spot on. Either way if its BS or true we'll find out soon.

Forgot about Jurassic World being back this weekend on IMAX. Fortunate turn events given the recent IMAX announcement too...lol

curb

Banned
They already said fall for the next trailer so as nice as it would be to have it sooner, it shouldn't be a surprise that it's not coming today.

d1rtn4p

November? What the hell? Don't most movies have like full trailers out 6 months before release? Seems like it's been forever since the release of the second teaser...

sphagnum

Banned
I can't imagine it would be November. It won't be Force Friday so they don't overshadow everything else but releasing the sole non-teaser trailer a month before a big blockbuster is going to be released - has that ever been done before?

It's possible those pr photos WILL be used in Struzan's final poster, though. Obviously they'll look better via his artistic representation, but I wouldn't be surprised if that general layout is used.

Also, I don't think Lucasfilm is going to wait until November to drop a theatrical trailer. That's kinda silly. It makes sense to me that if they've turned Force Friday into a streaming YouTube event, it will either begin, or end, with that trailer.

Lots of people have been talking about the big lightsaber fight. What I'm really hoping for more than anything is a solid X-Wing vs TIE Fighter battle. That teaser shot of the X-Wings coming in over the water is so fucking beautiful. I just want to see them engage a TIE squadron in that environment.

CD'S BAR

Finished watching Phantom Edit last night, and it occurred to me that while most of the aliens in the PT speak english, ALL of the aliens in the OT speak alien. Am I wrong?

edit damn with the exception of Yoda.

Rootbeer

Banned
Ackbar speaks english. There are other examples. By alien do you mean ANY non human race? Because that really opens the floodgates...

I like when they don't speak English. We shouldn't feel like English or "basic" is the only language in common use. I think maybe the Prequels went a bit too far in having characters speak basic more often.

Gravidee

Ackbar speaks english. There are other examples. By alien do you mean ANY non human race? Because that really opens the floodgates...

I like when they don't speak English. We shouldn't feel like English or "basic" is the only language in common use. I think maybe the Prequels went a bit too far in having characters speak basic more often.

TCW was particularly guilty of this. That one episode with Greedo in it should not have had him speak Basic.

Ugh. Just read the comments on the SW FB page.

Everyone, let's be clear: the Star Wars fans that dislike that Phasma is a woman don't dislike the character, but that the part went to a girl over a boy.

Top Bottom