• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Hagi

It could change but they didn't announce a light up figure for Ezra, just Kanaan.

Hmm that's cool I might pick him up later today. Not sure if I'm that bothered about the light up gimmick but I'll have to see it first. Going to wait on Darth Vader at least.

The figures are really well done I think, love Ashoka and Sabine.

graffix13

I picked it up today (UK) and it's pretty good. Got the starter set and Sabine, I heard that they are releasing figures with light up light sabers so didn't up Kanan or Ezra. Never played the last Infinity releases but man they go all out with their themes my two hours fucking about in the toy box was super fun.

So I would have to buy the Starter set since I have never played it before, correct? And the Starter set comes with Anakin and Ashoka I believe.

How do the figures work with a PS4? Are they like memory cards?

Hagi

So I would have to buy the Starter set since I have never played it before, correct? And the Starter set comes with Anakin and Ashoka I believe.

How do the figures work with a PS4? Are they like memory cards?

Yeah the starter set give you Ashoka, Anakin, Twilight of the Republic playset plus the game and portal you put the figures on. The portal plugs into the PS4 via USB and you just place the figures onto it and they appear in game. Not really sure if the data is saved to the figures like Amiibo or just in game.

Hagi

I wish I could just buy the Ahsoka figure by itself. That's all I really want.

That's how they get you. My partner only wanted Joy and Sadness from the inside out figures but she could only get Joy with the play set that comes with Anger. Now she's got three and wants to buy Disgust and Fear.

Joy, sadness, anger, disgust and fear is actually my Disney Infinity emotional reaction so far lol

I want to learn to read Aurebesh.

It's just a font so far as I know. I used to have it on an old PC. The character for each letter / number is exactly the same every time it's used.

Yo, what?

I'm this close to bailing out right now and grabbing one up.

A friend of mine works at a bookstore and this is the case for MOST Star Wars books these days. But I do expect this one to be an exception.

I could be wrong, tho. Completely possible. But given how hardcore they are with street-dating all post-ROTJ items...

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Was the civil name of the emporer ever mentioned in the OT? We are discussing this right now and while I am pretty sure it is, I cant recall it...

Cheebo

Banned
Was the civil name of the emporer ever mentioned in the OT? We are discussing this right now and while I am pretty sure it is, I cant recall it...
PAlpatine, Ewok, and Sith for example were never mentioned on screen. however all of these names were all over the toys and merchandise (not to mention novelizations) at the time so everyone knew what they were even without an on screen mention. The first time we heard the name Palpatine was the 1976 novelization of A New Hope.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
PAlpatine, Ewok, and Sith for example were never mentioned on screen. however all of these names were all over the toys and merchandise (not to mention novelizations) at the time so everyone knew what they were even without an on screen mention. The first time we heard the name Palpatine was the 1976 novelization of A New Hope.

Thanks

The Walmart book SWJ tweeted is mine. It just scanned as "book". Wasn't rejected, need to be put in manually, etc. Just scanned fine. Looks like another guy in the area was able to snag one later in the evening as well.

So, not looking to get into spoilers. Have no desire to poke the Disney attack dog. If you don't want to know anything at all, I'll protect this bit even if it's nothing.

366 pages. That includes a crawl page, prelude, 36 chapters and interludes over 4 "parts".

I read about the first 150 last night. There are more than a couple old side characters still directly involved in this story. As for ties to TFA, I've only run into one very indirect reference to a new character.

I will say it's cool to read in the sense of a what happens very directly after Jedi and new canon references to events you didn't think we'd get outside of EU (which I didn't get into very much except for the Zahn novels and others which I guess this book now steamrolls)

Even though I just watched them all, I can't think of what happened to Anankin's/Luke's blue lightsaber. He gets a green one in RotJ which Vader comments on but reading people's comments about what that saber (from TFA) has "seen" has me confused of its fate.

Is it simply just found in TFA? I forget where it was lost to begin with.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
We havent seen the movie yet, too.
There is a Making Star War Spoilerthread, were people talking about the whole movie, which seemed leaked to some extent, maybe people there do know about this.

Even though I just watched them all, I can't think of what happened to Anankin's/Luke's blue lightsaber. He gets a green one in RotJ which Vader comments on but reading people's comments about what that saber (from TFA) has "seen" has me confused of its fate.

Is it simply just found in TFA? I forget where it was lost to begin with.
As GAMEPROFF said, we don't know what happened to it after it flew off with Luke's hand. I assume some of that will be covered in the film.

The Walmart book SWJ tweeted is mine. It just scanned as "book". Wasn't rejected, need to be put in manually, etc. Just scanned fine. Looks like another guy in the area was able to snag one later in the evening as well.

So, not looking to get into spoilers. Have no desire to poke the Disney attack dog. If you don't want to know anything at all, I'll protect this bit even if it's nothing.

That SWJ guy takes other people's stuff and tweets it to his 17k followers without crediting, but anyone who posts his SWJ stamped stuff without crediting him gets blocked.

There is a Making Star War Spoilerthread, were people talking about the whole movie, which seemed leaked to some extent, maybe people there do know about this.

The movie didn't leak. A shot list did. But as you said it's being discussed in the spoiler thread.

That SWJ guy takes other people's stuff and tweets it to his 17k followers without crediting, but anyone who posts his SWJ stamped stuff without crediting him gets blocked.

That's definitely bad form.

FWIW, I did tweet the find to that account and he just RT'd me. And through that another local guy got it from the same Walmart as me.

As GAMEPROFF said, we don't know what happened to it after it flew off with Luke's hand. I assume some of that will be covered in the film.
OK, that was my confusion. Not knowing the films by heart (even though I'd just seen them), I wasn't sure if he did lose it or where he may have.

And so reading those comments before seeing the second half of Return, I had assumed Luke still had the same saber and it carried to the next film. Thanks for clarifying.

OK, that was my confusion. Not knowing the films by heart (even though I'd just seen them), I wasn't sure if he did lose it or where he may have.

And so reading those comments before seeing the second half of Return, I had assumed Luke still had the same saber and it carried to the next film. Thanks for clarifying.
He finishes constructing his new green lightsaber in a deleted scene in RotJ. Lucas was adamant he wanted to film the scene and then it never made the final cut anyway.

ghostmind

Picked up DI 3.0 and all the available stuff for XBO, except for Sabine, who was sold out.

My son and I will crack into the game later this coming week.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Bobby, I gotta ask. Did you use to post on millenniumfalcon.com? A long time ago in a..okay I won't do that. I always thought your name sounded familiar. I think I use to listen to your PM remixes.

Bobby, I gotta ask. Did you use to post on millenniumfalcon.com? A long time ago in a..okay I won't do that. I always thought your name sounded familiar. I think I use to listen to your PM remixes.

Yup. I was that asshole.

The remixes are all here, too.

(I'm also a sometimes guest and sometimes producer of Full of Sith, if you're looking to listen to a Star Wars podcast)

Walked out of the store with the Micro Machines First Order Stormtrooper head and then saw they didn't charge me. Went back in to pay for it and they said it wasn't actually for sale and confiscated it. So much for being moral. :)

I was with my kids, so, I had to....Friday can wait.

Rootbeer

Banned
Walked out of the store with the Micro Machines First Order Stormtrooper head and then saw they didn't charge me. Went back in to pay for it and they said it wasn't actually for sale and confiscated it. So much for being moral. :)

Yup you did the right thing... even though it's sometimes so tempting to do the wrong thing :p

I'm seeing people twitter encouraging people to swap the tags so they can self checkout, this is bad for a number of reasons some that are pretty obvious... but people do whatever it takes it seems.

Good bloke. You did the right thing.

Sayers

Haha, well, being a good dad is the most important thing

Top Bottom