• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

trying to decide between lost stars or dark disciple when my next audible credit rolls around in a few days. When Lost Stars was originally revealed as "young adult novel about a romance of two childhood friends" it turned me off from it, but people here to seem to be happy with it so far

MattyG

Banned
Any of you playing Uprising? Add me on Google Games if you want to ever do some quick coop (if you can first tell me how to add friends on Google Games).

Any of you playing Uprising? Add me on Google Games if you want to ever do some quick coop (if you can first tell me how to add friends on Google Games).
I didn't realize this was out yet. Downloading it now. I'll give it a try after work. Maybe a little bit during work too.

trying to decide between lost stars or dark disciple when my next audible credit rolls around in a few days. When Lost Stars was originally revealed as "young adult novel about a romance of two childhood friends" it turned me off from it, but people here to seem to be happy with it so far

Lost Stars is next on my list after I'm finished with Aftermath. Dark Disciple was very good, too.

Dark Disciple was good, but
I was getting very annoyed with the constant reversals they were doing with Quinlan Vos.

If anything, I was more annoyed that they
killed off Ventress. I would have liked to see her stick around for a while, but Disney seems to want to purge any remnants
of the old EU.

If anything, I was more annoyed that they
killed off Ventress. I would have liked to see her stick around for a while, but Disney seems to want to purge any remnants
of the old EU.

That's understandable, she was one of my favorites from that show.
I kind of knew she would be the one to go. Quinlan Vos was mentioned in Episode III. Obi Wan was the one to mention that he was on a mission during one of the Jedi Council meetings. It sucks that Ventress died, but I kind of expected it, due to Vos still being alive in Episode III. So, they had to make sure the canon was consistent.

Remember that time Ahsoka
saved Stinky the Hutt by giving him a FUCKING TYLENOL?
I do.

Please tell me the Clone Wars series is better than the movie.

Parts of the series are excellent. Probably most of it. There are some weak eps, but not that many.

Ashoka ends up being an excellent character, and the clones themselves... Well, you should check it out.

I do.

LOL I love the movie, the series is so much BETTER than the movie though. It gets much much darker after Season one. Also Ahsoka other than Obi Wan is my favorite character from that show :p

Risgroo

Just finished season 5 of Clone Wars, I wasn't ready for that ending :(
2KsZhcB.gif

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Working my way through a short Clone Wars list:

The Rookies Arc
The Geonosis Arc (S2E5-8)
The Nightsisters Arc (S3E12-14)
The Umbara Arc (S4E7-10)

Then maybe I'll dive into S5 & S6 as I hear those are real solid throughout. I have to say, it is really making me appreciate the PT more. Fleshing out Anakin & Ben's relationship improves the scope of the whole saga, tbh.

LOL I love the movie, the series is so much BETTER than the movie though. It gets much much darker after Season one. Also Ahsoka other than Obi Wan is my favorite character from that show :p

I never bothered with that movie.

Just jumped into the series and watched most of the episodes. Avoiding a few that were apparently bad and of little consequence.

I'm seven chapters into Lost Stars and it's been great so far. Interesting look into the Imperial Academy and I really like the main characters. The romance aspect has been more charming than corny so far.

Working my way through a short Clone Wars list:

The Rookies Arc
The Geonosis Arc (S2E5-8)
The Nightsisters Arc (S3E12-14)
The Umbara Arc (S4E7-10)

Then maybe I'll dive into S5 & S6 as I hear those are real solid throughout. I have to say, it is really making me appreciate the PT more. Fleshing out Anakin & Ben's relationship improves the scope of the whole saga, tbh.

Seasons 3-6 are all solid and worth your time.

Having a really hard time with clone wars, this is probably the third time I've tried to get into it. I think its just not for me.

I did just start rebels though and its decent so far.

BFIB

BobbyRoberts, are you planning on a podcast to delve into old EU in comparisons with what we are now being told is new official cannon?

BobbyRoberts, are you planning on a podcast to delve into old EU in comparisons with what we are now being told is new official cannon?

We might have already done a couple of those episodes, I think. Or at least a little bit of an old EU overview. We dedicated a whole episode to Shadows of the Empire - but the book didn't do so well in that episode.

BFIB

We might have already done a couple of those episodes, I think. Or at least a little bit of an old EU overview. We dedicated a whole episode to Shadows of the Empire - but the book didn't do so well in that episode.
I'll have to go back and see. I liked the interview with Wendig on your latest podcast. Gotta be tough being the first new official cannon (in regards to the fallout after ROTJ) after Zahns novels are held in such a high regard.

Really liking Aftermath, about a third of the way through it.

I do.

Well, the movie was a lead-in to the TV series. The first couple seasons were pretty meh, but after that it got really good all of a sudden.

Risgroo

No one ever is.

I think that final scene is my favorite Star Wars moment ever now.
I still need to let it sink in a bit, and maybe rewatch it, but I think it's definitely one of the best moments, yeah. Still can't believe how well the show turned out in the end, I'm so glad I finally gave it a chance.
now go watch the first arc of Season 6
Loved those episodes as well! Does the rest of S6 stay as strong? I see there are some Clovis eps coming up...

JimiNutz

Banned
Just started second season of TCW and already it's way better than season one.
If it actually gets even better in seasons three, four and five then I can definitely begin to understand why this is some people's favourite version of Star Wars.

Really glad I bought it on Blu Ray because it looks really awesome at times as well.

BFIB

If it actually gets even better in seasons three, four and five then I can definitely begin to understand why this is some people's favourite version of Star Wars.

Really glad I bought it on Blu Ray because it looks really awesome at times as well.
Seasons 4,5 and 6 are fantastic.

Sayers

It's fantastic.

Seems like we get a Season 5 finale reaction about once a week around here. Love it.

And I paid money. To see it in theaters. :(

Boy, when the final shot of the movie was Stinky the Hutt letting out a comical giggle, which reminded me of Itchy the Wookie in the Holiday Special by the way, didn't you just feel like Lucas had taken a massive explosive diarrhea shit right into your fucking face? That's how I felt. I think I could even taste it.

Boy, when the final shot of the movie was Stinky the Hutt letting out a comical giggle, which reminded me of Itchy the Wookie in the Holiday Special by the way, didn't you just feel like Lucas had taken a massive explosive diarrhea shit right into your fucking face? That's how I felt. I think I could even taste it.

Exactly like that.

Man, why couldn't they have made a 5-season Genndy Tartakovsky Clone Wars series? I don't mind the CG terribly, but Jesus Christ, these people need to learn how to do textures.

Exactly like that.

Man, why couldn't they have made a 5-season Genndy Tartakovsky Clone Wars series? I don't mind the CG terribly, but Jesus Christ, these people need to learn how to do textures.

Yeah, that stuck out to me a lot. The textures on environments were noticeably stretched and muddy and ugly and jagged.

Also, Tchetil begs a good question for those who have seen the Clone Wars series. Does it make Jar Jar bearable, or a good or in any way better character, if that's even possible? I'm guessing the answer is no.

The answer is, in fact, no.

Captain Tarpals does okay for himself, though.

I mean, if you were wondering about Captain Tarpals.

It could be a thing that happened. Once.

I think it might be the EU Legends guys (they got clowned pretty hard on the most recent show). Or people still mad that I called out RebelForce Radio a couple weeks ago for being dumb about Simon Pegg.

Or it's just three people who are like "Fuck that guy. He looks like Damon Lindelof."

(I was told that earlier today. Unsure how to take it)

Top Bottom