• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

i can't even watch the show on my commute, i feel like anything less than my big screen + speaker setup doesn't do the show justice

i don't get it, but i feel like i will in a few episodes...

Spoiler, for after you finish that arc.
Calling him a dick is far less than the descriptors you could/should use. He's much worse than a simple dick.

I'm kind of tempted to buy a couple of these. They're super cool.

amd35129_1_1442289867.jpg

amd35126_0_1442289867.jpg

Reading through Aftermath right now and something was just confirmed that makes me a bit sad.

Boba Fett is dead. An interlude/short story chapter just had a mining prospector on Tatooine looking through a bunch of stuff the Jawas have and he found a box full of a complete set of Mandalorian battle armor. No talk about color or actually mentioning Boba's name but it pretty much confirms that he ain't coming back. He is either dead or left bounty hunting behind.

Really liking this book thus far. Definitely my favorite of the new canon books.

curb

Banned
Reading through Aftermath right now and something was just confirmed that makes me a bit sad.

Boba Fett is dead. An interlude/short story chapter just had a mining prospector on Tatooine looking through a bunch of stuff the Jawas have and he found a box full of a complete set of Mandalorian battle armor. No talk about color or actually mentioning Boba's name but it pretty much confirms that he ain't coming back. He is either dead or left bounty hunting behind.

Really liking this book thus far. Definitely my favorite of the new canon books.

It's interesting that you read it as
he's dead. I've seen lots of people take the fact that the armor is out of the Sarlacc to mean that he survived.

I guess while I was out someone told this intergalactic badass she could set up shop on my desk.

Nice, that's the Black Series version, right? Mine is coming from Amazon today. Stopped in at Walmart this morning and found a lone FO Stormtrooper, just need to find a second now so they can flank Phasma.

It's interesting that you read it as
he's dead. I've seen lots of people take the fact that the armor is out of the Sarlacc to mean that he survived.

Aftermath spoilers:

That's what I meant there at the end. He is either dead or left bounty hunting behind with his armor. I can't buy him continuing to hunt bounties without his armor. So the Boba Fett we know and love is either literally or figureatively dead.

curb

Banned
Aftermath spoilers:

That's what I meant there at the end. He is either dead or left bounty hunting behind with his armor. I can't buy him continuing to hunt bounties without his armor. So the Boba Fett we know and love is either literally or figureatively dead.

I caught the figuratively part in your original comment. I guess it's more your "glass half empty" perspective. Most of the responses I've seen about that point are positive, hopeful that
he's still alive but you seem to see it as he's just gone either way
. It's just interesting to see the difference.

Not really. Just that he's a gearhead who hung out with a bunch of assholes who liked racing.

I don't even know if that's still canon. You can infer it's because he's super-strong with the force (it's an easy inference to make) but I don't think anyone's taken the time to explain how he became a good pilot.

curb

Banned
Not really. Just that he's a gearhead who hung out with a bunch of assholes who liked racing.

I don't even know if that's still canon. You can infer it's because he's super-strong with the force (it's an easy inference to make) but I don't think anyone's taken the time to explain how he became a good pilot.

Little Anakinling had natural racing ability due to midichlorians the Force. Luke probably got that from his dad.

I caught the figuratively part in your original comment. I guess it's more your "glass half empty" perspective. Most of the responses I've seen about that point are positive, hopeful that
he's still alive but you seem to see it as he's just gone either way
. It's just interesting to see the difference.

Yeah that makes sense. Didn't mean to sound so matter of fact in my posts, just speculating here.

And I'm just about at the end of the book now but had to stop for a bit.

Thrawn????? Nice!

curb

Banned
I may have done some damage last night. My almost three year old and I "play" Disney Infinity together (she directs while I drop objects into an empty Toy Box). Last night I casually dropped Jar Jar in and started throwing him around. He has some very typical Jar Jar responses when you mess with him and now my daughter loves him. Oops?

I don't hate Jar Jar but I don't exactly love him either.

On the bright side, she refers to playing Infinity as "watching Ahsoka" so I feel like I've done something right.

Finished Lost Stars today. It's my favourite of the new canon books so far. I really liked the main characters and it's actually a nice twist being able to witness the main events of the OT from the Empire's perspective. Their brief interactions with Tarkin offer a completely new perspective on his character as well. The link to the Force Awakens is nice too -
it looks like it could be Ciena's Star Destroyer in the Force Awakens teaser.
I didn't expect to be a fan of the romance part of it but it's actually done really well. Much better love story than any we've seen in the TV shows or films though admittedly that's not saying much. The ending was pretty open ended so hopefully there's a sequel.

graffix13

I may have done some damage last night. My almost three year old and I "play" Disney Infinity together (she directs while I drop objects into an empty Toy Box). Last night I casually dropped Jar Jar in and started throwing him around. He has some very typical Jar Jar responses when you mess with him and now my daughter loves him. Oops?

I don't hate Jar Jar but I don't exactly love him either.

On the bright side, she refers to playing Infinity as "watching Ahsoka" so I feel like I've done something right.

Yep, play with my daughter as well. She likes playing as Sadness from Inside Out while I level up my various SW characters. I am working on Zeb now (Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Ahsoka all are level 20). I caved and bought Boba Fett off of ebay. He should be arriving soon...

Speaking of Boba, I just finished reading Vader #6, and
Fett shows up to tell Vader that the rebel who blew up the Death Star is named 'Skywalker'. I loved the scene, as it's the first time Vader knows he has a son. I LOVE the flashback panels from the PT as well. Nicely done.

Anyways, it got me thinking...I would really love a Boba Fett series. Maybe even post RotJ to see if he did indeed survive the sarlaac. It could even be pre-RotJ...he's such a popular character I know it would sell.

Yep, play with my daughter as well. She likes playing as Sadness from Inside Out while I level up my various SW characters. I am working on Zeb now (Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Ahsoka all are level 20). I caved and bought Boba Fett off of ebay. He should be arriving soon...

Speaking of Boba, I just finished reading Vader #6, and
Fett shows up to tell Vader that the rebel who blew up the Death Star is named 'Skywalker'. I loved the scene, as it's the first time Vader knows he has a son. I LOVE the flashback panels from the PT as well. Nicely done.

Anyways, it got me thinking...I would really love a Boba Fett series. Maybe even post RotJ to see if he did indeed survive the sarlaac. It could even be pre-RotJ...he's such a popular character I know it would sell.

Yeah, that's probably my favourite moment of Vader so far. Love how the window on the Star Destroyer starts to crack. You can feel his anger.

graffix13

Yeah, that's probably my favourite moment of Vader so far. Love how the window on the Star Destroyer starts to crack. You can feel his anger.

Do those cyborgs show back up later? I was hoping Vader was going to kill them all. I thought they all were pretty stupid except for the Mon Calamari Grievous wannabe.

Do those cyborgs show back up later? I was hoping Vader was going to kill them all. I thought they all were pretty stupid except for the Mon Calamari Grievous wannabe.

Yeah, in the latest issue of Vader
the twins showed up.

--

Re-watched the Clone Wars younglings arc today. It's really depressing when you think they were all slaughtered in Order 66.

sphagnum

Banned
Finished Lost Stars today. It's my favourite of the new canon books so far. I really liked the main characters and it's actually a nice twist being able to witness the main events of the OT from the Empire's perspective. Their brief interactions with Tarkin offer a completely new perspective on his character as well. The link to the Force Awakens is nice too -
it looks like it could be Ciena's Star Destroyer in the Force Awakens teaser.
I didn't expect to be a fan of the romance part of it but it's actually done really well. Much better love story than any we've seen in the TV shows or films though admittedly that's not saying much. The ending was pretty open ended so hopefully there's a sequel.

I agree, the more I think about it the more I think it's one of the best of the new canon books. Even if some of the situations were contrived, like
Ciena being the one who sabotages the hyperdrive on the Falcon at Bespin
I really felt for the characters at the end when
Ciena and Thane are beating each other up trying to save the other while the Inflictor is crashing on Jakku
. And there was just so much other stuff that was interesting like
getting to know the regular TIE pilots and how Ciena nearly teared up when the TIE pilots chasing the Falcon in the asteroid field die because she knew them personally, Mon Mothma helping Thane after his binge drinking episode, everyone's reactions to Alderaan exploding - particularly Nash. What a messed up character he is.
I never thought a young adult romance novel was going to end up being better than the "adult" novels but...well, there you have it.

Servants of the Empire: Imperial Justice may still be the best overall though simply because it does a very effective job at depicting what fascism does to people in a manner that children can understand.

Why do the young adult novels do so much better with complex themes and stories than the adult ones? Bizarre.

Anyway, did anyone read Star Wars #9 and Lando #4 yesterday? I find it interesting that both comics dealt with
artifacts, of the Jedi and Sith respectively
. The scene in Star Wars #9 where
Grakkus shows Luke his big Jedi stash
is probably the best scene so far in the entire comic, especially since it lets us know that
the Sith were formed from the Hundred-Years Darkness and Shaak Ti survived Order 66.

curb

Banned
Anyway, did anyone read Star Wars #9 and Lando #4 yesterday? I find it interesting that both comics dealt with
artifacts, of the Jedi and Sith respectively
. The scene in Star Wars #9 where
Grakkus shows Luke his big Jedi stash
is probably the best scene so far in the entire comic, especially since it lets us know that
the Sith were formed from the Hundred-Years Darkness and Shaak Ti survived Order 66.

I guess it's safe to assume
she's probably not still around by Return of the Jedi though

Also, a few pages back I mentioned how I thought Boba Fett did pretty much nothing in the movies (which I stand by) but I caught up on most of the Star Wars comics recently and that's what I expect that he should be like. It's good to see him act like the bounty hunter everyone believes him to be.

inm8num2

Yup, there's a Star Wars movie coming out soon. ;)

"Join me, and together we can rule the Galaxy as Father and son!"
Is Anakin Skywalker essentially just a disgruntled employee?
I am in agreement with every Star Wars fan in the world (whatever this was titled before :p)
Favorite Lightsaber duel within the Star Wars films?
Are Sith really evil?
Star Wars, anybody else confused by the order of the films ?

Don't get me wrong - I'm not criticizing or complaining. It's actually kind of interesting to see how much these movies are on people's minds leading up to TFA. I get the sense that regardless of how people feel about the SW movies, or about certain SW movies, they're mostly excited to just see what the new one will be like.

d1rtn4p

Yup, there's a Star Wars movie coming out soon. ;)

"Join me, and together we can rule the Galaxy as Father and son!"
Is Anakin Skywalker essentially just a disgruntled employee?
I am in agreement with every Star Wars fan in the world (whatever this was titled before :p)
Favorite Lightsaber duel within the Star Wars films?
Are Sith really evil?
Star Wars, anybody else confused by the order of the films ?

Don't get me wrong - I'm not criticizing or complaining. It's actually kind of interesting to see how much these movies are on people's minds leading up to TFA. I get the sense that regardless of how people feel about the SW movies, or about certain SW movies, they're mostly excited to just see what the new one will be like.

Literally can't wait to see some more on the new movie. Little nervous that we're less than three months away and we haven't seen more then a couple of teasers (and no trailer). After the prequels, it's hard to stay positive and it makes me hope JJ isn't hiding atrociousness behind cool teasers. Even Episode 1 looked awesome in the trailers.

curb

Banned
There seemed to be a particular glut of Star Wars threads yesterday. I expect that kind of thing when a trailer drops but no, it was just a Thursday.

Literally can't wait to see some more on the new movie. Little nervous that we're less than three months away and we haven't seen more then a couple of teasers (and no trailer). After the prequels, it's hard to stay positive and it makes me hope JJ isn't hiding atrociousness behind cool teasers. Even Episode 1 looked awesome in the trailers.
I wouldn't worry about the movie just because of the timing of the trailers. If they wanted, I'm sure they could craft an awesome looking trailer out of a terrible movie, you already made that case with Episode I. This is all just a marketing strategy to maximize hype from the most experienced and marketing-driven company in the business.

It's like cinnamon roll. They let us smell it for a year with teasers before taking it out of the oven and letting us take that first bite. They don't want it to get cold stale before serving it to you.

curb

Banned
Force Friday was nice....but I want a new trailer.

It's almost Fall. Hopefully it won't be too long from now.

I personally don't care too much. At this point I just want to see the movie itself. A trailer now or in a couple months won't make December come any faster.

I agree, the more I think about it the more I think it's one of the best of the new canon books. Even if some of the situations were contrived, like
Ciena being the one who sabotages the hyperdrive on the Falcon at Bespin
I really felt for the characters at the end when
Ciena and Thane are beating each other up trying to save the other while the Inflictor is crashing on Jakku
. And there was just so much other stuff that was interesting like
getting to know the regular TIE pilots and how Ciena nearly teared up when the TIE pilots chasing the Falcon in the asteroid field die because she knew them personally, Mon Mothma helping Thane after his binge drinking episode, everyone's reactions to Alderaan exploding - particularly Nash. What a messed up character he is.
I never thought a young adult romance novel was going to end up being better than the "adult" novels but...well, there you have it.

Servants of the Empire: Imperial Justice may still be the best overall though simply because it does a very effective job at depicting what fascism does to people in a manner that children can understand.

I keep hearing good things about Servants of the Empire. Definitely picking them up at some point.

curb

Banned
I'm all caught up on the new Comics now. I'm not a true comic connoisseur by any stretch but I've enjoyed most of it.

Even Leia.

The recent
Jedi/Sith lore tidbits
from Star Wars and Lando was appreciated.

I asked Claudia Gray if a sequel to Lost Stars was planned on Twitter. She said there isn't at the moment but hopefully the great reception it's received gets things moving. I think all three of the main characters have potential for more stories. Especially Nash. The nutter.

Just noticed Rebelscum have posted a pic of the Poe and Riot Stormtrooper two-pack. Argos exclusive here. Apparently it's Target in the US.

Poe_Dameron_FO_Riot_Control.jpg

And a Shock Trooper with Battlefront branding too.

battlefrontshock1.jpg

Tizoc

So I'm watching the prequel trilogy, I feel I should give them proper judgement and at the part where they're at the hanger trying to escape from Naboo, wasQui Gon trying to use the Jedi mind trick on the droids? Cuz the droids dull responses were really funny.

I asked Claudia Gray if a sequel to Lost Stars was planned on Twitter. She said there isn't at the moment but hopefully the great reception it's received gets things moving. I think all three of the main characters have potential for more stories. Especially Nash. The nutter.

I've read a few pages of Lost Stars via Google Play's preview - and yea, it's a sufficiently well written book, enough so that I can look past the YA stuff.

Better than Aftermath (which I think made for an excellent audiobook).

I've read a few pages of Lost Stars via Google Play's preview - and yea, it's a sufficiently well written book, enough so that I can look past the YA stuff.

Better than Aftermath (which I think made for an excellent audiobook).

Speaking of Aftermath I'm just about to start it. It really seems to have split opinion - will be interesting to see how I find it.

IAnd a Shock Trooper with Battlefront branding too.

battlefrontshock1.jpg

Yeah, but isn't he like, £25? That's some serious spacebucks for a Black series.

Check these out, tho. I posted them in the Force Friday thread yesterday. Kotobukiya will be continuing their 1/10 ArtFX+ series with their first Force Awakens entry.

First Order Stormtroopers 2-pack - Comes out in December, available for pre-order now from the usual places.

Rootbeer

Banned
Not yet known who will carry the shock trooper in the USA. Could be a wide release, but people are speculating it's Gamestop because they don't yet have a BS exclusive and they do carry the new BS figures in their stores so...

As with all of the 6" BS figures, I will be trying to get it.

graffix13

So I'm watching the prequel trilogy, I feel I should give them proper judgement and at the part where they're at the hanger trying to escape from Naboo, wasQui Gon trying to use the Jedi mind trick on the droids? Cuz the droids dull responses were really funny.

It's been awhile since I watched, but yeah I think he was. Lol I don't know why though.

Tizoc

And that's Phantom Menace done
OK wait why did Qui Gon take Ani with him to a warzone for again?

I'm trying to find what was so offensively bad about this movie, but to me it's looking to be a case of 'interesting idea's bad execution.

Also at the end did they really put the focus on Palpatine so viewers would figure out that he's Darth Sidious?

Overall though nice action, great scenery and great music. The podracing still holds up IMO

It's been awhile since I watched, but yeah I think he was. Lol I don't know why though.

Far as I know you can't do the jedi mind trick on droids or non organic sentient right?

Yeah, but isn't he like, £25? That's some serious spacebucks for a Black series.

Check these out, tho. I posted them in the Force Friday thread yesterday. Kotobukiya will be continuing their 1/10 ArtFX+ series with their first Force Awakens entry.

First Order Stormtroopers 2-pack - Comes out in December, available for pre-order now from the usual places.
Gotta get me some of those to go with Cloud City Vader.

I must have it.

Still haven't found a Black Series trooper in the wild. UK Amazon is still out of stock. And while I ordered a couple on Force Friday I still haven't had anything dispatched. The Elite trooper is nice but it is a shade too tall on its own.
I've ordered the first wave from Zavvi but they're not supposed to get them until October. I've used them before and they're actually reasonably priced though. All the BS figures seem to be ridiculously hard to find in stores here.

Top Bottom