• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yea but Jug or Maurader? With Jug you should be able to just tank while Vette stays back and deals the damage. If your having problem as a Maurader, perhaps try to instead take your ship droid along which does work as a healer since you don't have your healer companion yet till Balmorra

Maurader... I don't have a ship yet... should I?

prolly cuz this game is to fucking easy to play and Game designers/producers/marketing people don't care that they are shoving one playstyle upon every gamer in the MMO market.

Learn to make hardmode servers plz k thx you stupid game industry people.

Btw, willing to pay for a vanilla server. :p

No MMO's leveling experience is hard, it's merely a grind. Don't see what any of that has to do with a person being able to skip content if they like.

ah your on Dromund kass, no you wouldn't have your ship yet. I did it tank spec so not sure how to really help you as a maurader unless you get someone to help you do it I suppose. Not familiar with Mauraders.

vaelic

Banned
After 4 crashes we figured it out. Guss (my companion) was getting stuck in the wall at the top of the elevator. I think when I aggroed mobs something about him being stuck and trying to participate in the fight was causing the client to crash. Not sure. I dismissed Guss and we were able to proceed.

your avatar is HIGHLY DISTURBING

Enosh

using cooldown (cloak of pain, saber ward, should have both iirc) and medpacks right?
get a +strength and power stim from the vendor just in case
remember to turn on vettes stance, they sometimes turn off for whatever reason
how is your gear? if you have any spare commendations go and look at the vendors if you can improve anything

if anything else fails ask in general chat if someone can help, although it should be doable

Enosh

the main city, you have "mod commendation vendor" and "equipment commendation vendor"
in the place where all the other vendors are, market or something it's called

but if he is 2 levels above you, yeah might be hard, you don't have any quest you could do to level up more?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Marauder leveling is tough until you get your healer companion (around level 20), just make sure to spec annihilation for bleed heals.

Francois424

Neo Member
Where do I go to spend commendations? I have a bunch of them...

Still assuming Drumund Kaas:

As you are exiting the GTN, dont go down the stairs, but rather head left.
There's a bunch of vendors there, including the companion gift vendor, and Artifice trainer.
Now it's been a while since I left Kaas City, but I'm pretty sure that's where the "Item commendation vendor" is located.
Also as Enosh said, you have the mod vendor as well if you have items with slots.

Good luck !

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Thanks for the help, I typically don't play MMOs... actually this is the longest I've ever played one lol
If you continue to have trouble, you can always do other side missions and level up a bit more before tackling that one that you're having issues with.

Meier

I haven't played in about 3 weeks or so so I canceled my account. I'll re-up at some point again because I actually do enjoy it quite a bit but just playing do many other games right now and going out of town for a week so why waste the $$.

EDarkness

No one on at night during weekends on best gaf?

Did all jp gaf quit the game?

Maybe I should get on earlier now =(

I still play every now and again. Too many games to play overall and it's difficult to get the wife to jump on these days since she's mainly playing WoW. Heh, transmogging owns her soul apparently. Hopefully we'll be on later this week. Seems like fewer and fewer people are on when I do play though. However, I seems to see Lemonade on all the time. Heh, heh. I don't think that guy sleeps....

I still play every now and again. Too many games to play overall and it's difficult to get the wife to jump on these days since she's mainly playing WoW. Heh, transmogging owns her soul apparently. Hopefully we'll be on later this week. Seems like fewer and fewer people are on when I do play though. However, I seems to see Lemonade on all the time. Heh, heh. I don't think that guy sleeps....

I'm west coast, so it's not QUITE as bad as you think :D About the only thing i do anymore is log on and wait for someone to put a group together for a HM or something. Although now I've been doing dailies because it costs me like 50k to repair :(

Arment

Annhilation is awesome if you were carnage or rage (both very boring levelling specs), also marauders get awesome at 40+.

I've been using carnage.

It's cool though, I was thinking of playing on GAF's server if Imperial is active and raiding. I rolled on The Fatman with my Marauder. Pretty active server though.

gatti-man

I've been using carnage.

It's cool though, I was thinking of playing on GAF's server if Imperial is active and raiding. I rolled on The Fatman with my Marauder. Pretty active server though.

We raid we pvp we make jokes we mumble we beat rep gaf we have a good time.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Day Three of my "come back."

- Yup, Warzones are such a better experience than they were around launch for Republic. Getting a win for my daily took two games. It used to take five or six and I'd just give up. And when we do lose, at least most the time we tried and it was close - rather than getting raped by overpowered Imps and having awful teamwork.

- Went to Hoth, a planet rated for 37-41 for my JK Sent. I'm 40. I still died twice already :-/ At this point I'm just going to chalk it up to me sucking, lol. But when two 8KHP guys come toward me, I don't know what to do. With Kira, we can take a guy out together but because of no heals, she'll die and then I die quickly after that. With the Doc, I can't aggro both of them, so Doc eventually dies before I can kill both, and then I quickly die after that. I mean, I managed, and got past the parts. But yeah. Still sucks.

-First time I noticed myself just spacebar'ing through conversations to get to the point. Early on, I *LOVED* having some back story to each mission. But at 40, I'd be lying if I said it wasn't getting to the point of "how many ways can Bioware write a reason I need to kill 10 of these and active 4 of those." I definitely wish there was a bit more variety.

My takeaway? I can't believe it... because PvP frustrated me so much early on. But tonight while going through my story... I just wanted to go play some Warzones instead.

Also. I've logged in now on a Saturday afternoon, early evening Sunday, and all night Monday. And fleet rarely has more than about 75 people on it, and story planets rarely have more than 10 people. I've been on Tython, Hoth, and Quesh (sp) in the last three days, and for the latter two, there were FOUR people on the planets. Tython had 8-12 while I was helping my cousin. That's pretty lame. Servers should have had MUCH higher caps, and there should have been MUCH fewer servers in general. My entire time on Quesh (I'm near-certain I'm spelling that wrong, sorry), I didn't encounter ONE other player. Gah. Everything feels so dead. I know Illum and whatnot is where the action is. But, really? I mean, I imagine it's near impossible to group up with people on the planet to do Heroics at this point. Each planet should have at least a hundred people on it at any given time. With 1+ MILLION subs, that wouldn't be difficult if there were fewer servers. And this especially rings true for Fleet, where you're not fighting over things with other players. At 7pm CST, there should be 300+ people on Fleet. That'd make it a lot more fun, I think. But I know it auto-instances another instance when the population (rarely) exceeds ~100 or so.

/rant

Sorry, sounds like I'm hating. Not at all. I had a great time tonight, and played from 6pm-midnight, and got a level and worked off some story. It was a good time. I just wish there were more people to interact with. I'm not a Tortanic guy - I want this game to succeed, I plan to sub for at least another month or two, and I'm sure it'll be successful. But I just feel like it shouldn't feel dead ~2 months after release, and it does, even on our heavy server. And the GAF Rep guild never seems to have 8-10 people on, either. I love playing with you all! A lot. But we're just a couple months after release and the guild seems 1/5th as active as it did at launch.

Heck, I remember things feeling significantly more populated in Final Fantasy XIV a month or two after launch. That's pretty sad ;p

DarkFlow

Banned

- Yup, Warzones are such a better experience than they were around launch for Republic. Getting a win for my daily took two games. It used to take five or six and I'd just give up. And when we do lose, at least most the time we tried and it was close - rather than getting raped by overpowered Imps and having awful teamwork.

- Went to Hoth, a planet rated for 37-41 for my JK Sent. I'm 40. I still died twice already :-/ At this point I'm just going to chalk it up to me sucking, lol. But when two 8KHP guys come toward me, I don't know what to do. With Kira, we can take a guy out together but because of no heals, she'll die and then I die quickly after that. With the Doc, I can't aggro both of them, so Doc eventually dies before I can kill both, and then I quickly die after that. I mean, I managed, and got past the parts. But yeah. Still sucks.

-First time I noticed myself just spacebar'ing through conversations to get to the point. Early on, I *LOVED* having some back story to each mission. But at 40, I'd be lying if I said it wasn't getting to the point of "how many ways can Bioware write a reason I need to kill 10 of these and active 4 of those." I definitely wish there was a bit more variety.

My takeaway? I can't believe it... because PvP frustrated me so much early on. But tonight while going through my story... I just wanted to go play some Warzones instead.

Also. I've logged in now on a Saturday afternoon, early evening Sunday, and all night Monday. And fleet rarely has more than about 75 people on it, and story planets rarely have more than 10 people. I've been on Tython, Hoth, and Quesh (sp) in the last three days, and for the latter two, there were FOUR people on the planets. Tython had 8-12 while I was helping my cousin. That's pretty lame. Servers should have had MUCH higher caps, and there should have been MUCH fewer servers in general. My entire time on Quesh (I'm near-certain I'm spelling that wrong, sorry), I didn't encounter ONE other player. Gah. Everything feels so dead. I know Illum and whatnot is where the action is. But, really? I mean, I imagine it's near impossible to group up with people on the planet to do Heroics at this point. Each planet should have at least a hundred people on it at any given time. With 1+ MILLION subs, that wouldn't be difficult if there were fewer servers. And this especially rings true for Fleet, where you're not fighting over things with other players. At 7pm CST, there should be 300+ people on Fleet. That'd make it a lot more fun, I think. But I know it auto-instances another instance when the population (rarely) exceeds ~100 or so.

/rant

Sorry, sounds like I'm hating. Not at all. I had a great time tonight, and played from 6pm-midnight, and got a level and worked off some story. It was a good time. I just wish there were more people to interact with. I'm not a Tortanic guy - I want this game to succeed, I plan to sub for at least another month or two, and I'm sure it'll be successful. But I just feel like it shouldn't feel dead ~2 months after release, and it does, even on our heavy server. And the GAF Rep guild never seems to have 8-10 people on, either. I love playing with you all! A lot. But we're just a couple months after release and the guild seems 1/5th as active as it did at launch.

Heck, I remember things feeling significantly more populated in Final Fantasy XIV a month or two after launch. That's pretty sad ;p

Well I'll be joining Republic Gaf tomorrow as a fresh new player. So if you have a new toon you want to level, feel free to join me and show me the ropes. :)

gatti-man

Oh snap it's gatti-man, I'm Mufasa on KV (Sith Jugg). I hate pvp'ing against you guys. especially when you have the ball, you're a bitch to kill!

Thanks! Ive seen you around in pvp always a good time. Emp gaf is prob the best guild ive ever been in.

Edit: your avatar is freaking me out.

markatisu

Not sure if it's a sale or what but I just noticed the standard edition of the game is $49.99 on Origin. $10 off the regular price. Price drop already, maybe?

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/html/pbPage.SWTOR_NA

Edit: it's a 'limited offer'. Just noticed it on the banner.

Its like that in stores as well, its a promotion by EA

If it cratered to $9.99 like STO or $39 like DCU that would be something,but $10 off 2 months after launch is not too bad

Are there any vendors that sell epic mods/enhancement pieces or are they all armoring? For daily commendations I mean beyond the small handful of quests that specifically reward them.

Speaking of which, at what point should I be okay to heal hard modes? Once I have my modable equipment epic'd?

Are there any vendors that sell epic mods/enhancement pieces or are they all armoring? For daily commendations I mean beyond the small handful of quests that specifically reward them.

Speaking of which, at what point should I be okay to heal hard modes? Once I have my modable equipment epic'd?

No besides the Daily Vendors and daily rewards from heorics, you'll have to check on GTN. As for healing Hard Modes, orange gear, tionese or centurion gear should suffice for now for the easier HM. For orange gear, replace as many old mods as possible (eventually you'll swap out the mods for the daily ones). Start with BT then False Emperor, then Boarding Party, Foundry, Battle of Ilum, then D7 (bugged if you have any mercenaries in your group still...) or Kaon.

Normal mode Operations are actually easier to most hard modes (except BT) so I would suggest trying to get in on them as soon as possible. As for Hard mode operations, you'd need at least 3-4 pieces of Columni armor before try that. If you're on KV Empire side, we're running both Operations on Normal tonight at 10pm EST, you should come if you can

The dailies are for the hilts, barrels, and armor. Pretty much the best mods you can get and pretty much what you need to gear up for Hard modes and OPs. Doing the heroic dailies will give you the other mods you will probably want to fully customize your gear. You can also just use the money from the dailies to just buy high 126 rated gear or the mods. It's ideal to be decked out in full 126 rated armor for doing HM's.

It's pretty easy to do really, after about 3-4 days and not even doing all the dailies each day, I was able to get full 126 gear by using daily mods and buying the gear from the money made.

The dailies are for the hilts, barrels, and armor. Pretty much the best mods you can get and pretty much what you need to gear up for Hard modes and OPs. Doing the heroic dailies will give you the other mods you will probably want to fully customize your gear. You can also just use the money from the dailies to just buy high 126 rated gear or the mods. It's ideal to be decked out in full 126 rated armor for doing HM's.

It's pretty easy to do really, after about 3-4 days and not even doing all the dailies each day, I was able to get full 126 gear by using daily mods and buying the gear from the money made.

Thanks, that's pretty much what I figured.

Thanks, that's pretty much what I figured.

And of course you might also want to keep running dailies just to also fully gear up your companions. A person can daily run for gear real quick really, but some people run them all the time just to fully gear companions (which helps run dailies faster) and for all the easy credits.

And of course you might also want to keep running dailies just to also fully gear up your companions. A person can daily run for gear real quick really, but some people run them all the time just to fully gear companions (which helps run dailies faster) and for all the easy credits.

You can get a few purple modes really quick, but to get 2 implants and an earpiece takes quite a while, especially considering how unwilling people are to do the dailies in the first place meaning it's generally pretty hard to get a group for the heroics on belsavis.

You can get a few purple modes really quick, but to get 2 implants and an earpiece takes quite a while, especially considering how unwilling people are to do the dailies in the first place meaning it's generally pretty hard to get a group for the heroics on belsavis.

I've never had a single problem with instantly getting into a group for heroics on belsavis or illum. Always people looking and running them whenever I'm on.

The implants are nothing special either, you can get excellent ones by just buying them. It's almost not even worth the effort for those daily implants.

I've never had a single problem with instantly getting into a group for heroics on belsavis or illum. Always people looking and running them whenever I'm on.

The implants are nothing special either, you can get excellent ones by just buying them. It's almost not even worth the effort for those daily implants.

My server is pretty active so its really not an issue. As for earpieces and implants, I know its not as good but I have biochem and the pvp earpiece is pretty solid for merc healers.

markatisu

OK as a strictly PvE player, what awaits me at Lvl 50. I take it the ops and stuff are just like Flashpoints but with more people in a group?

zlatko

Banned
I want to give a special shout out to Kelzor for all his help as of late for getting me through some flash points. Like people pointed out in the guild it's a pain in the ass to get some of these mid level ones done even with 140+ people online on the fleet at night.

Last night was especially entertaining though, because I think both myself and him crashed to desktop 3 or 4 times each trying to do Cademimu. On the upside every drop obtained was new gear for my Operative, so I never have to run it again yay. :D

Thanks to Nessus the other night too for helping clear Mandy raiders. Really helps guys like myself who only get a few hours here and there, and don't want to miss out on this kind of content so the game remains fun and fresh.

<3 GAF.

kms_md

if you are cybertech, you can craft your own earpieces - a critical crafted purple level 49 can be almost as good as a mid-tier pve/pvp piece with a good augment. IIRC, the one i use right now is eclipsed by the champion earpiece only in expertise.

Francois424

Neo Member

*Snip*

*Snip*

/Agreed about that.

I hope your server stay populated tho. When it becomes between 2-20 on the fleet on a saturday night (around 7:30-8pm) then your server is quite dead.
I really wish they'd load their servera lot more, I'd be ok for the occasional lag that would cause.

I would kill to have 300 ppl at the fleet. Most I've seen on Mind Trick or Kaas City is about 75-110 as well. Prophecy of the Five was around ~185 ppl (imperial tho).

I hope they Merge Servers soon.

Moaradin

/Agreed about that.

I hope your server stay populated tho. When it becomes between 2-20 on the fleet on a saturday night (around 7:30-8pm) then your server is quite dead. I really wish they'd load their servera lot more, I'd be ok for the occasional lag that would cause.

Yikes, that sucks. My server (The Swiftsure) has around 240-300 people on the fleet pretty much 24/7.

Top Bottom