• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

JWong

Banned
DLing the client at work... why didn't I do this earlier?

Aside from my work PC being terrible.

Edit: 2.3mb/s download /feelsgoodman.gif

Hixx

Just got in, entered the pre-order code on the 20th of Nov.

Hows the general chat? mainly english? Don´t want to get on a 50m queue just to join Warsong. :)

The Spanish community have set up their own channels, so general chat is pretty much 100% english. Though if one sentence of spanish goes into the general chat as a mistell or whatever, there's a 10 minute conversation about it..

The Spanish community have set up their own channels, so general chat is pretty much 100% english. Though if one sentence of spanish goes into the general chat as a mistell or whatever, there's a 10 minute conversation about it..

Well if they weren't designated specific servers like the Germans etc then there's not much people can say about people using their native language on any server.

Kem0sabe

Is there an unofficial server for Nordic babes?

Found this on the forums:

UK:

Legions of Lettow (PVP EU) - UK / Czech

Niman (PVP EU) - Russian / Finn / UK

Hydian Way (PVE EU)

Scandinavia:

Bloodworthy (PVP EU)

Hidden Beks (PVE EU)

Trask Ulgo (RP-PVE EU) - Spanish / Finn

Hungarian:

Ahto City (PVP EU)
Hidden Beks (PVE EU)
The Progenitor (RP-PVE)
Nightmare Lands (PVE EU) - Hungarian / Italian

Dutch:

The Red Eclipse (PVE EU)

Spanish:

Tomb of Freedon Nadd (PVP EU)

The Red Eclipse (PVE EU)

Trask Ulgo (RP-PVE EU) - Spanish / Finn

Italian:

Tomb of Freedon Nadd (PVP EU)
Nightmare Lands (PVE EU) - Hungarian / Italian

Eastern Europe:

Identified as Server´s with largest Russian communities
The Ravager (PVP EU) - Balkan / Polish / Russian
Basilisk Droid (PVP EU) - Russian / Polish

Niman (PVP EU) - Russian / Finn / UK
Darth Revans Mask (PVP EU) - Polish
Legions of Lettow (PVP EU) - Czech / UK

South African:

Ahto City (PVP EU)
Frost Claw (PVE EU)

Well, i guess ill try to join GAF empire as soon as i can get myself home and on the queue :)

zonezeus

A few people have been asking about Mac performance, so I thought I would post my results on my two macs:

Late 2008 15inch Macbook Pro
2.4Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, Nvidia 9600GT
Windows XP 32bit
1280x720 everything low
25 - 40 fps

I hope this helps anyone on the fence about playing it on their Mac.

Thanks bro, I'm running the exact same spec and I was counting for at least decent ~30 fps performance on low. Seems I'll be getting it :) Btw, is low setting bearable or rather "Oh God, my eyes are bleeding!" type of experience?

Emitan

Thanks bro, I'm running the exact same spec and I was counting for at least decent ~30 fps performance on low. Seems I'll be getting it :) Btw, is low setting bearable or rather "Oh God, my eyes are bleeding!" type of experience?

I have the exact same Mac. It's fine. Not pretty but not ugly either.

Should I be buying armor/weapons from vendors or are quest rewards good enough?

Depends sometimes. Vendor stuff though is often a cheap thing that you will quickly get your money back on anyways. Quest rewards often better, but at times it will take a while before you get an upgrade for a specific piece of gear

ksimm

Nnnngh waited 40 mins in queue, attacked some beasts and the got stuck on some scenery. Logged out and now over an hour long queue. >_<

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Fuck all my friends for playing this already. I refuse to use Origin and therefore must wait until the 20th.

Just curious, why do you refuse to use origin? I bought 2 games on it and I dont see why people hate it so much, seems to work well for me. Also, if I buy a physical copy i dont have to go through the origin client?

I didn't get to play in the final beta, but is it just me or are the planetary storylines different? The path to the bonus series of missions was different for me on Tatooine and Nar Shadda. Really great story for both too.

zonezeus

I have the exact same Mac. It's fine. Not pretty but not ugly either.

Agreed. Low doesn't actually look THAT bad unless you compare it directly to high. Certainly playable and still fun.

Thanks, that's what I was hoping for. I don't really give a shit about graphics as long as it doesn't look outright terrible, I was always running outdated rigs so low settings, some jaggies and lack of AA won't scare me. Preordering.

One cool thing I noticed about the preorder crystal is that you can buy an infinite amount for 10 each, great if you're duel wielding or outfitting companions. Haven't found anything better yet at lvl 19. The NPC that sells them is in the space station. If you need help finding him search for shops on your map, its in a corner by itself

Hari Seldon

How does the IA Operative play? Is it mostly melee dps? I don't want to play a melee class, but I want some healing and I like the female IA voice acting.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Created my first character, Chiss Imperial Agent (name is Spark.... KreS'Par'Kleoni)

Now getting some other names for alts, but pretty much rockin and rolling.

How does the IA Operative play? Is it mostly melee dps? I don't want to play a melee class, but I want some healing and I like the female IA voice acting.

Operative has lot of range. It just has more melee abilities like backstabbing and such compared to the sniper. Operative is basically the rogue but you have lot of ranged abilities and if you want it can also be a healer

Zareth

If you want a ranged DPS/Healer I think the Commando/Mercenary and Sage/Sorcerer are your options.

The IA Operative is works very similarly to a Rogue or maybe even a cat form druid in its DPS roll.

If you want a ranged DPS/Healer I think the Commando/Mercenary and Sage/Sorcerer are your options.

The IA Operative is works very similarly to a Rogue or maybe even a cat form druid in its DPS roll.

That's personally what I want. Going Commando ---> Combat Medic.

If you see Benadarek on and need heals I am always up for running flashpoints. I have a few xmas gifts to get this weekend, but I should generally be on with the exception of work and when I am at the gym lol.

I would go for Amazon. Enter the pre-order code ASAP and you should be playing tomorrow or saturday. They ship the game early now so it should be at your house well before the 20th.

Tried that, but being in Quebec I need to use Amazon.ca, and them mofos are sold out it would seem. Also dropped by EB Games during lunch, they have pre-orders available but no more early access codes.

So whatevs. Not that big a deal. Got plenty to play between now and release date.

Top Bottom