• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Zareth

Any Sages have a idea on their leveling spec? I am leaning towards Telekinetics but still want some healing talents.

The build that I have seen that seems to work well for leveling is to spec 15 points into telekinetics and then once you have 16 talent points respec into Balance and take presence of mind and then dump the rest into telekenetics.

Sent

Ah, bollocks. 11/30 and I got nuthin'.

fKErH.gif

Last wave included people from Nov 24.

Last wave was 25th to 28th

Old?
http://www.swtor.com/blog/what’s-next-old-republic

What's next for The Old Republic:
New Content – We will be adding new content to the galaxy on an ongoing basis. These worlds will include Operations, Flashpoints and solo content.

Guild Functionality – Guilds are important to the long term health of any MMORPG. We have a huge list of guild centric features. This will be an ongoing effort that will probably never end. Guild banks are the first thing we'll be delivering in our plans for increased guild functionality. Eventually we even want to deliver on the promise of the long hinted at "Guild Capital Ships".

UI customization – You like choice. We hear you! SWTOR is all about choice. Being able to choose how you interact with an online game is something we feel is very important. We are going to be giving more control over the UI as an ongoing effort. This is a very big priority for us.

PvP – We have an entire team dedicated to adding content and features to player vs. player. We have some of the most experienced PvP developers in the world on this team. So far very few people have seen, or know much about the stunning Open World PVP on Ilum; when you get to the high levels prepare to be blown away! In addition to that high level PVP content, expect new Warzones and new PvP features on a regular basis.

Space Combat – We will continue to add missions to the space game. We also have a special project going on right now that will expand space gameplay in a significant way... for now the details will have to remain under wraps.

Legacy System – The ability to select a surname for your character is just the start of something much bigger. Soon, the Legacy experience and levels you earn will grant your characters access to powers, objects and other cool benefits.

And more – We have an entire team of developers working on future content. Right now we are focused on nothing else but Star Wars: The Old Republic, so expect new and cool things.

J-Rzez

So has the last wave been deployed?

They didn't say. At this point it would be stupid to not just let everyone in. They're at Nov 28th/29th now, so they'll probably go to at least the end of the week, which is Dec 3rd. It'd be stupid of them not to. Speaking to a friend that just got into it, he said the starting zone is a ghost town, maybe 5-6 people running around only.

UI customization yay!

Them adding to the space combat game sounds cool too, be interested to see what they come up with. I assume some fom of MP component to allow multiple players to do single place missions coop or the sort

The build that I have seen that seems to work well for leveling is to spec 15 points into telekinetics and then once you have 16 talent points respec into Balance and take presence of mind and then dump the rest into telekenetics.

You think Presence of Mind is that valuable?

Leveling as a pure healer is best, in my experience, while leveling a Sage. It might be a tad slower than other specs but your practicably unkillable.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600GGbRrdRdGzZfZ0M.1

Is your damage still respectable or is it really weak?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
3 more hours of work hnggggggggggggg

syoaran

CE arrived and I got early access yesterday (that reminds me Fonds, going to need an invite on a republic toon when I log that side).

Sadly some idiots decided that the EU GAF server would be the "Home of European pvp guilds", whatever that means. So now we have 1hr 30min+ queues and its two days into early access...

Sad times

Zafir

CE arrived and I got early access yesterday (that reminds me Fonds, going to need an invite on a republic toon when I log that side).

Sadly some idiots decided that the EU GAF server would be the "Home of European pvp guilds", whatever that means. So now we have 1hr 30min+ queues and its two days into early access...

Sad times
The problem is Bioware/EA didn't do a very good job of evenly distributing guilds across the servers. It's possible it's due to the a&a's which caused it, meaning guilds had to be on the same server and stuff like that.

I'm on a different server at the moment leveling up a sith char with a friend since I can't be bothered to sit in that queue to access my main.

Just been into town for some xmas shopping and if you pre-ordered from game you can pick up your copies tonight, i forgot my proof of pre-order, so will pick it up Friday.

Screw you non-grace period... im ready!

SWTORCollectors.jpg

Excuse the crappy bed covers. At least the stains aren't visible after I got my early access email

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So Amazon shipped my copy but it says it should be here next Friday. The email I got yesterday made me believe it would be here tomorrow. Huh.

Interesting: I e-mailed SWTOR support last night about the false advertisement of their news snippet on the front page.

Mysteriously overnight it went from:
Screen%20Shot%202011-12-14%20at%207.16.36%20PM.png

To:
Screen%20Shot%202011-12-15%20at%202.13.21%20PM.png

Still no actual response from support though.

Jezbollah

Shit they really need to do something about server capacity.

Just logged on to do my usual 2/3 hr grind on Euro'Nadd, and it's a 1300 waiting list - and unlike the Beta, it's not going down by the hundreds.. the Estimated waiting time MAY be right.

GAH!

Won

Hope UI customization happens quick. Just did a heroic quest as healer and it's a pain in the ass. And buggy.

Also dual spec plz!

Top Bottom