• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Just had the most Epic Huttball game

Repubs vs Repubs

2.25 to go and we are at 0, them at 2.

I pretty much gave up, lol

Suddenly we get the ball and score! Only 1 minute left though. Opposing team gets ball

We kill that player and get ball back, 45 seconds left.

3 of us go forward, ball carrier is at final ramp but getting stun locked with 15 seconds left

Throws Ball to guy at line

We score

And have the ball

We Win!

awesome.

gatti-man

Just had the most Epic Huttball game

Repubs vs Repubs

2.25 to go and we are at 0, them at 2.

I pretty much gave up, lol

Suddenly we get the ball and score! Only 1 minute left though. Opposing team gets ball

We kill that player and get ball back, 45 seconds left.

3 of us go forward, ball carrier is at final ramp but getting stun locked with 15 seconds left

Throws Ball to guy at line

We score

And have the ball

We Win!

awesome.

Wow a huttball game with just repubs? That is amazing!

Draxal

It's not a particularly interesting class to play. I got one to level 5 and got bore with her. Operatives has a much more interesting story.

Um ... level five is like an hour into the game, I'm not sure how much story you've gotten out of it.

Although, I definetly think Ord Mantell is the worst of the four starting worlds.

Dunlop

So, about to finish the download. How are Bounty Hunters? Is the story fun? Are they viable end-game PVP/PVE?

Is there so many of them that it's not worth making one?

In my guild we almost run at 50% mercs in raids. Ironically I rolled one over a sorc because I thought it would be the least popular.

Until last night we had rarely had a BH drop while the 2 ops literally have 3 complete sets (except chest..they each only have one of those).

I thought the game was bugged

Also Blizz is awesome. Too bad I didn't realize he was a tank and ran with Torian who is brutally boring.

Mako was not really a good option when you level as a healer

zlatko

Banned
I thought I'd resub up next month after my intial time with SFxT could use breaks in between for some more RPG flavor, but unfortunately Blizzard announced D3 release date, and I don't see a point in just resubbing for 1 monthish. ; ;

Someday I'll come back and get that Imperial Agent to 50. :)

vilmer_

I've decided to drop Synthweaving for Biochem. We are primarily a pvp guild, and figured it would suit my needs better. A fellow guildie and friend recently switched as well, and she generously donated a huge stash of mats :) Go go 400!

Laekon

I'm a little late for the free weekend but hopefully you can help me with some questions.

Have the stories and quest turned out to be pretty good and varied?

Can the game be played as a social single player? I don't mind grouping with people but I got really burnt out on WoW with horrible pickup groups.

Is there a best class and companion combo for this?

Thanks

Milly79

I'm a little late for the free weekend but hopefully you can help me with some questions.

Have the stories and quest turned out to be pretty good and varied?

Can the game be played as a social single player? I don't mind grouping with people but I got really burnt out on WoW with horrible pickup groups.

Is there a best class and companion combo for this?

Thanks

1) I can't really speak on anything beside the Bounty Hunter. It was an alright story, nothing special. I have a level 37 assassin and the story is downright terrible.

2) The game is basically SP first, MP second. It took some time to find groups for Heroics on each planet and Flashpoint groups are hit and miss. You group more when you hit 50, or PVP situations.
^ most of this is based off of pre-release/around launch. I'm not sure how things are now with groups.

3) Like I said, I can't speak on anything beside the BH. If you go with the BH, you'll be rolling with Mako the entire way. BHs may have Heavy Armor, but they are pretty squish and she can CC (kinda) and heal. Blizz is the only other viable companion (judging off of other comments, but I never used him). Doesn't matter anyway, you don't get him to you're 40-ish.

Welp, I finally did it. I cancelled my account for now. Haven't really been on in the last month (except for raids) and don't think that'll change until more content comes out. Its been awesome playing with GAF Empire these few months. I'll come back when 1.2 comes out but atm I'm burned out and have a huge backlog to get through that'll keep me busy until then

Milly79

Welp, I finally did it. I cancelled my account for now. Haven't really been on in the last month (except for raids) and don't think that'll change until more content comes out. Its been awesome playing with GAF Empire these few months. I'll come back when 1.2 comes out but atm I'm burned out and have a huge backlog to get through that'll keep me busy until then

Damn dude. I was telling the other officers I was probably done after last night. Then I told them I would wait till 1.2. :lol

Yeah. Guess I'll just come back when 1.2 comes out.

And... cancelled. Thanks for making it easy, Raz. :)

Will see you in 1.2.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=363289

Please be advised that the Public Test Server will be unavailable at 6:30PM CST (4:30PM PST/ 8:30PM CST/ 11:30PM GMT/ 12:30AM CET/11:30AM AEST) while we deploy Game Update 1.2. Once the server is up and running, we will post PTS Patch Notes.

We'll work to make the server available again as soon as possible, so please watch this thread for updates as they become available. Thank you for your patience!

Damn dude. I was telling the other officers I was probably done after last night. Then I told them I would wait till 1.2. :lol

Yeah. Guess I'll just come back when 1.2 comes out.

And... cancelled. Thanks for making it easy, Raz. :)

Will see you in 1.2.

Heh yea, buying ME3 and the new Ipad really pushed me over the edge, I'll save that $15 til 1.2 comes out lol

I've also transferred ownership of the Doc to Trevin. You can add more ppl to edit if you'd like now

gatti-man

Heh yea, buying ME3 and the new Ipad really pushed me over the edge, I'll save that $15 til 1.2 comes out lol

I've also transferred ownership of the Doc to Trevin. You can add more ppl to edit if you'd like now

I wont be buying me3 until it's 20 or less. The PC demo was ass IMO. After I hit full bm I'm going to Lvl an alt and hit up lyte on the Rep side.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Finished 2 weekly and 2 daily pvp quests today. With my commendations I had 9 bags. Only 1 gave me a Champion piece and it was the exact same piece I bought with my Champion commendations last night, which happened to be my only Champion piece that I owned. Arg!

Ah well, now I have 2 Champion and the rest Centurion. We'll see if I can feel a difference in PVP.

Wallach

They buffed Scoundrel healing pretty well, though I still think they need at least one more actual healing ability. Kolto Cloud in particular got buffed like a motherfucker.

Not much new for Jedi Shadows

I was hoping there would be changes to make the abilities between Repub and Empire for Jedi Consulars more in sync

Also, not sure whether I want to stick with Cybertech or switch to Artifice for light sabers or Biochem. hmmph

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Thats a lot of notes. I'll need a comfy chair and cup of cocoa before I dive in.

Draxal

Oh poop missle's animation got changed.

Arc/Gunnery nerf wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be, only issue i have is that instead of buffing demo's round/heatseeker damage, I think they should of reduced the cd. It's already by far the hardest hitting ability they have.

SNIPER BUFFS! FUCK YEAH, -20% healing received is fucking WIN.

Our trees pretty much got buffed in general, with some lethality changes. I'm happy.

Still reading through the shitton of patch notes.

Wallach

so tracer costs less? heat and does 10% less? if true, that won't make people switch up rotations.

Heartseeker hits way harder than it did before, and Barrage proc is said to be up almost all the time now. Between the two Tracer priority falls significantly below both of them.

Edit - In fact I'm surprised because all told they noticeably buffed Arsenal DPS, which I didn't expect at all (they seemed pretty good on DPS).

Patch notes are up: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=363056

I'm not posting them here because they are fucking enormous and take up more than an entire page on their forums.
Now those are some patch notes. Holy crap.

In-game rewards will be available to players who participate on the Public Test Server. Players will receive a title if they attain level 10 on PTS, and another if they complete Chapter 1.
That stuck out for me in the notes. Cool incentive to get people onto the PTS to test this stuff out. It's not much but hell I might do it.

Draxal

Heartseeker hits way harder than it did before, and Barrage proc is said to be up almost all the time now. Between the two Tracer priority falls significantly below both of them.

Heartseeker was always cast on cd as soon as you got enough heat signatures, it's cd was just too long to have a meaningful effect on gameplay. And are you sure there's no icd on Barrage proc? Unload/Full auto was always used as highest priority,as soon as you got enough heat sigs. You will just be hitting unload more, but you'll be hitting tracer less and rail shot less as well, it's still going to be a boring rotation.

Anyway, this patch was a buff to mercs anyway, as you dumped the old tracer missle anoimation.

Wallach

Heartseeker was always cast on cd as soon as you got enough heat signatures, it's cd was just too long to have a meaningful effect on gameplay. And are you sure there's no icd on Barrage proc? Unload/Full auto was always used as highest priority.

Anyway, this patch was a buff to mercs anyway, as you dumped the old tracer missle anoimation.

I don't think they were necessarily trying to force players to use other abilities as they were trying to nudge players to stop just spamming Tracer Missile. That is, optimal gameplay and pure TM spam were pushed farther apart in effectiveness, even if optimal gameplay's ceiling has not moved very far.

Draxal

I don't think they were necessarily trying to force players to use other abilities as they were trying to nudge players to stop just spamming Tracer Missile. That is, optimal gameplay and pure TM spam were pushed farther apart in effectiveness, even if optimal gameplay's ceiling has not moved very far.

I agree that they're definitely punishing people ignoring Barrage/Curtain of Fire procs. I do think they stated that Commando/Merc gameplay needed to be more involving/battle exhilirating and i don't think this solves that.

It's defintely a buff to pve dps, nerf to pvp sustained (Grav/Tracer was tech while Full Auto/Unload's weapon based which procs shields) and a buff to PVP spike. I really can't complain except I do think think they failed on that second objective mentioned before.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I am so excited for my marauder; ready to dominate even harder than I'm dominating now + carnage/rage become just as good if not better than annhilation (the current awesome spec) for rated warzones.

I feel bad for wasting 4 days (game time) levelling an operative to 50--that class is going to be dead for a long while. Three nerfs in a row is just brutal.

Heysoos

Quick question for anyone that's read the patch notes. Did the Consular/Inquisitor classes receive any kind of nerf, or are they still going to be one of the best classes?

usea

I don't think swtor was totally bad or anything, but I'm definitely glad I quit when I did. Seems like they're just continuing down the path of Bad. Or am I wrong?

Top Bottom