• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
jacobs34 said:
I'm actually on a Mac, and yes it's the mac that is showing the error message, not SC2. Do I need to download some kind of 3rd party client to get replays to work on a mac?
Sounds like your mac just doesn't know what app to open the filetype with, do what Dance In My Blood says. If you have starcraft II on your finder bar launcher thing you can probably just drag the file onto the SCII icon as well.

Zing

Banned
For whatever reason, double clicking a replay file doesn't work properly in Mac OS. You will have to run SC2, then open the replay from within the game.

Even when it is associated with the proper binary, it still doesn't work. Dragging the replay to the dock icon doesn't work either.

jacobs34

Aquavelvaman said:
Sounds like your mac just doesn't know what app to open the filetype with, do what Dance In My Blood says. If you have starcraft II on your finder bar launcher thing you can probably just drag the file onto the SCII icon as well.

I tried that and I'm getting this error message,

The document “Odd_TvT-1.sc2replay” could not be opened. StarCraft II cannot open files in the “StarCraft II Replay” format.

Any ideas?

jacobs34 said:
I tried that and I'm getting this error message,

The document “Odd_TvT-1.sc2replay” could not be opened. StarCraft II cannot open files in the “StarCraft II Replay” format.

Any ideas?
cut and paste it to the replay folder in you starcraft 2 install and load it from in game

Aylinato

TemplaerDude said:
Like anything Idra says, it's far from a "stealth" troll as it is a blatant "DUUUR DEH PROTOSS IS TEH EZZZZZY STREET".

Idra seems to have a persecution complex going on. Anytime he is having a hard time with a race he will only pick out the things that he is having a hard
time dealing with. I do agree that Zerg have very few openings but that's largely due their
units are very weak, but they do cost the least as he happened to leave out on purpose.

When Zerg have more range on the roaches
those things are going to destroy zealots pretty easily. Especially since it will
allow them to kite them forever. I also don't understand the whole repear speed being put with the factory. Those units only ever get used on the first part of the
game, I've never seen any Terran use them later on. Also, what was the reasoning behind supply depot then barracks? Like, what? Maybe they should put inject larvae
at lair tech(can't think of anything else of equivance as
I'm tired).

Aylinato said:
Idra seems to have a persecution complex going on. Anytime he is having a hard time with a race he will only pick out the things that he is having a hard
time dealing with. I do agree that Zerg have very few openings but that's largely due their
units are very weak, but they do cost the least as he happened to leave out on purpose.

When Zerg have more range on the roaches
those things are going to destroy zealots pretty easily. Especially since it will
allow them to kite them forever. I also don't understand the whole repear speed being put with the factory. Those units only ever get used on the first part of the
game, I've never seen any Terran use them later on. Also, what was the reasoning behind supply depot then barracks? Like, what? Maybe they should put inject larvae
at lair tech(can't think of anything else of equivance as
I'm tired).

Gateway after pylon.

Roaches already crush Zealots, it will just be a little easier now, I think the Roach range buff is more of a buff for ZvT to help with tank cliffing and marine kiting. Reaper speed on factory i am inclined to think that has to do with the counter to mass reapers is roaches which when you make them T just starts spamming rauders. The difference being when the zerg "counters" the terran the reapers can kite and cliff jump to dodge the roaches but there is nothing a roach can do to avoid being demolished by maruaders. needing a factory for the reaper speed buff will actually require the terran to invest something into thier harras. Depot before Rax is a nerf to proxying nothing more to say.

Aylinato

pieatorium said:
Roaches already crush Zealots, it will just be a little easier now, I think the Roach range buff is more of a buff for ZvT to help with tank cliffing and marine kiting. Reaper speed on factory i am inclined to think that has to do with the counter to mass reapers is roaches which when you make them T just starts spamming rauders. The difference being when the zerg "counters" the terran the reapers can kite and cliff jump to dodge the roaches but there is nothing a roach can do to avoid being demolished by maruaders. needing a factory for the reaper speed buff will actually require the terran to invest something into thier harras. Depot before Rax is a nerf to proxying nothing more to say.

ah, I see, I do hate proxy barracks. I wonder how Zerg will feel when their units r closer allowing colosi to AoE more at a time(what I can see as a downside)

Promoted to Silver + on a 6 game winning streak + unlocked the Roach portrait

*feelsgoodman*

and the best part is that I only played vs Terran and Zerg. Man I hate ZvP.

TheThunder said:
Promoted to Silver + on a 6 game winning streak + unlocked the Roach portrait

*feelsgoodman*

and the best part is that I only played vs Terran and Zerg. Man I hate ZvP.
ZvP is what keeps me going ZvT is a tossup and zvz makes me want to punch babies.

jersoc

ZvZ makes everyone want to punch babies. srsly hate it so much.

I think i've won twice, both against people slightly less clueless than me. which is fairly hard, i suck no matter the matchup.

pieatorium said:
ZvP is what keeps me going ZvT is a tossup and zvz makes me want to punch babies.
I'm actually one of those weird Zergs who enjoys ZvT the most since most Terrans at my level don't abuse stuff like Reapers, Hellions or drops. It's just poke around with Mutas until you get Ultras.

ZvZ is a little pit stupid but once you are passed the "MAKE MORE ZERGLINGS" phase and go to lair it becomes pretty good.

ZvP, ugh. I hate void rays and I hate everything that comes out of the warpgate and their cannons are too good -_-

Just had an awesome 2v2 match. I got called a maphack which is a first for me (i guess in a way its a compliment?).

Early in the match the zerg went for a fast expand, i scouted it and took it out easily (i had speedlings he didn't). I just kept harrassing them with zerglings and banelings preventing any expansions whilst i went for mutas.

The zerg player just ended up massing nothing but hydras. He then decided to try and use nydus to get into my base. So he starts flying overseers across the midle of the map, right within the sight range of Zel Naga towers. I of course burn them down straight away.

He immediately types "Fu maphacks" into chat i just reply with lol. He tried the same thing again and i happily destroyed them again. He then types in "r u srs?" followed by "yous are so reported". I just typed in 'haven't you ever heard of xel naga towers?'.

The rest of the battle was such a blast though. He did eventually get a nydus into my base and my 3rd expansion. Both times i easily repelled them with zerglings. When i repelled the second nydus i trapped a few of his hydras and killed them. He said in chat 'lol that looked micro intensive' 'not'. Unfortunately for him he didn't know my muta army was waiting at the other end of the nydus and proceeded to demolish hes remaining 20+ hydras without a single casuality.

Probably my most enjoyable moment ever playing SC.

The terran went for one final all in with M&M&M + siege tanks. Unfortunately neither of them had any upgrades and my partner had max upgrades with about 7 collussus. My partner pretty much killed his army without suffering any casualties.

Once our huge army arrived at their base they left without saying anything.

They never ONCE went near the Xel naga towers even after i told them about them. I just got to sit there all battle.

I think the worst part of all this was that the zerg player was a 1200 ranked diamond in 1v1. He had something like 700 wins from 1350 games.

pieatorium said:

I enjoy both ZvT and ZvP, but i can't stand ZvZ. In fact i hate mirror matchups in general.

Tacitus_

Ashhong said:
Pool before Overlord. Absolutely dumb comparison. Pylons power buildings, makes sense. Why would you need supply in order to make a building?

It's a proxy/rush nerf, plain and simple. People who try to figure out reasons in-universe for it have no bloody idea.

Ashhong

Tacitus_ said:
It's a proxy/rush nerf, plain and simple. People who try to figure out reasons in-universe for it have no bloody idea.

Well yea its a nerf. Some people (not me, I don't really care) dont find that to be a good enough reason though. It does seem tacked on though.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Ashhong said:
Pool before Overlord. Absolutely dumb comparison. Pylons power buildings, makes sense. Why would you need supply in order to make a building?

Why would you need a baracks in order to make a factory? Because its needed for balance. Zerg is a bad example because you cant exactly proxy spawning pool. Blizzard is listening to all the people complaining about the terrans having a thousand more openings then the other races have and this is probably one of the more mild ways to handle that.

Is it really going to effect your play that much?

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Going to see my friends brother play in the MLG tourny in D.C. this weekend. Pretty excited for getting my first taste of live SC2.

I hope they give away Speedstick

evangd007

thepotatoman said:
Why would you need a baracks in order to make a factory? Because its needed for balance. Zerg is a bad example because you cant exactly proxy spawning pool. Blizzard is listening to all the people complaining about the terrans having a thousand more openings then the other races have and this is probably one of the more mild ways to handle that.

Is it really going to effect your play that much?

Rax before supply is the only way to get units out quickly enough to rush with Terran, and the threat of a rush keeps the opponent honest. Without that threat Protoss and Zerg can take their natural for free.

Proxy Rax is much different than proxy gate because gates have double the production capacity of Rax until an add-on is attached.

A Protoss proxy 2 gating me on Steppes of War broke my 8 game winning streak. I crossed that map right off my ladder pool.

Although the last game I had was against a P in Jungle Beasting and it seems that Mutas are better vs toss than roach/hydra.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
ahoyhoy said:
Going to see my friends brother play in the MLG tourny in D.C. this weekend. Pretty excited for getting my first taste of live SC2.

I hope they give away Speedstick

Who!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Mystery said:
http://www.mlgpro.com/content/page/314440/The-Swarm-Descends-upon-D-C-MLG-Interviews-Idra

MLG interviews Idra about balance, and MLG D.C.

There's a nice stealth troll on Protoss players.
TemplaerDude said:
Like anything Idra says, it's far from a "stealth" troll as it is a blatant "DUUUR DEH PROTOSS IS TEH EZZZZZY STREET".
Aylinato said:
time dealing with.
:lol
day9 goes on for weeks on how you can durr 4gate your way up the ladder for free and nobody says boo. idra says the same thing and suddenly its a troll. you guys. :lol

Idra with the Real Talk, as usual. dealwithit.gif

Interesting that he finds ZvP difficult. I find protoss to be easy compared to terran or even zerg mirrors (which always boils down to some type of bullshit). If they get mass Cols and Stalkers sure, but overall it's easy to harass and contain them.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
Every race starts with supply now before anything else, it's cool.

But zerg get the free overlord so they are overpowered.

Terran don't need to rush early though. Once they get a reasonable MM ball they can steam-roll over a Zerg if they early expand. Walling off means you don't have to fear rush on most maps anyway.

PhoenixDark said:
Idra with the Real Talk, as usual. dealwithit.gif

Interesting that he finds ZvP difficult. I find protoss to be easy compared to terran or even zerg mirrors (which always boils down to some type of bullshit). If they get mass Cols and Stalkers sure, but overall it's easy to harass and contain them.

I have the same problem as Idra. Banelings and Muta's do a great job containing Terran for most of early-mid game, forcing them to build turrets/planetary fortresses and forcing them to counter tech with Factory units. Toss, on the other hand, masses Stalkers/Sentries and watches your forces crumble unless you out-expand against them.

V_Arnold

ahoyhoy said:
Terran don't need to rush early though. Once they get a reasonable MM ball they can steam-roll over a Zerg if they early expand. Walling off means you don't have to fear rush on most maps anyway.

Nah, life is not THAT harsh for Z.

LakeEarth

TheThunder said:
A Protoss proxy 2 gating me on Steppes of War broke my 8 game winning streak. I crossed that map right off my ladder pool.
You know whats worse then losing your streak to that? Losing your streak to a random "you have disconnected" message.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
V_Arnold said:
Nah, life is not THAT harsh for Z.

It really is. Unless I have my speedlings/banelings close to base, a dozen stimmed marines/marauders take down Hatch's in the blink of an eye. Even the amount of Muta's I can get in a gas-saturated expand can't combat that shit.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
AZ62v.jpg

whats got alumnus so salty, did he get rolled by a 'noob' again? :lol

Yaweee

Everybody has bad matchups, and it is generally better to acknowledge that it is your weak matchup rather than complain that there is something wrong with the game balance. I get stream-rolled in PvZ, but I don't bitch that Zerg is imba or the matchup is inherently unfair.

However, I do bitch that Steppes of War is a fucking a horrible map.

Pandaman said:
AZ62v.jpg

whats got alumnus so salty, did he get rolled by a 'noob' again? :lol

What do I do to offend you, Alumnus? Why? WHY?

V_Arnold

ahoyhoy said:
It really is. Unless I have my speedlings/banelings close to base, a dozen stimmed marines/marauders take down Hatch's in the blink of an eye. Even the amount of Muta's I can get in a gas-saturated expand can't combat that shit.

More defensive buildings, one more queens per base, stay there with a few lings+infestors optionally, that will do. But in a straight up fight, banelings eat MMM. Alive.

syllogism said:
I guess he went all in using the same build Sen did thinking he had the game but it was just too many spine crawlers

Looks like he could have destroyed Sen's Lair with banelings instead of just running the lings around.

LakeEarth said:
You know whats worse then losing your streak to that? Losing your streak to a random "you have disconnected" message.
Yeah that sucks. Luckily it still haven't happened to me yet even though it will eventually.

Damn I feel badass. Just stomped an 800 point Diamond Player on the ladder (I'm ranked 2 in my gold division, ~1100 points. Scratch that, just tied for rank 1 with that game, 1155! Awesome! Now where's my platinum promotion?).

Rolled him with Chargelots, Templars and a handful of Stalkers. Didn't even go Robo Tech against Terran, which is very, very strange for me, just spammed 8 gateways and rolled into chargelot/templar once I had the economy going.

However, I need to improve my game. Had my second expo up doing nothing for a while, didn't really get any kind of map control or vision anywhere, and would love some tips on how I could have played better. Here's the replay:

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/89407-1v1-terran-protoss-shakuras-plateau

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom