• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
ProudClod said:
No, seriously. I beat the SC1 campaign, but I really didn't care for the story too much. I'm way more into WarCraft lore.

Haha stealth edit. Okay, I'll play it then :)
I don't think the story is awesome, but the way it is presented between missions is. Also the missions themselves are varied and enjoyable. There are some really fun gimmicks in the later missions.

ProudClod said:
No, seriously. I beat the SC1 campaign, but I really didn't care for the story too much. I'm way more into WarCraft lore.

I've had it since release and haven't touched the single player. I also suck at the game still. I'm also still loving it. So...take that for what it's worth I guess.

evangd007

I just got back from NYCC. Watching SC2 live was pretty awesome, if you have a chance go do it. There were a good amount of people; the area was overflowing. They could easily fill a venue of a couple thousand for a high-profile set of matches if they wanted to.

I've got to hand it to Day9 too. He casts a good game and knows how to work the crowd. Couldn't hear TheGunRun though. Soothing baritone doesn't carry well it the Javits Center.

Grats to Fenix and qxc. Go crush those Euros in the world championship!

Ashhong

I tried to give the single player a chance, but it kind of bored me. Maybe I should go past mission 4 but I just have no interest to when there is multiplayer available to me.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
evangd007 said:
I just got back from NYCC. Watching SC2 live was pretty awesome, if you have a chance go do it. There were a good amount of people; the area was overflowing. They could easily fill a venue of a couple thousand for a high-profile set of matches if they wanted to.

I've got to hand it to Day9 too. He casts a good game and knows how to work the crowd. Couldn't hear TheGunRun though. Soothing baritone doesn't carry well it the Javits Center.

Grats to Fenix and qxc. Go crush those Euros in the world championship!

Crowd cheering when they should be, laughing when they should be etc. with ease?

Would be awesome to see.

p.s. guys day 3 of the GSL qualy's are going on now!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=406276&page=30

A-1:
2. Clide (한규종)
10. Cella (홍승표)
34. oGsTOP (김정훈)

A-2:
2. Polt (최성훈)
42. JookToJung(조만혁)

ProudClod said:

IMHO: SC1/BW > Warcraft 3/TFT > SC2.

Take that for what it's worth, but a lot of people have complaints about the story in the story thread. I would just stick to multiplayer.

I wouldn't force yourself through the story or feel obligated to play it. It'll always be there, and it's really nothing amazing in any way except for the production values.

Skirmishing against the AI would be a better use of your time if you just want something to ease you into MP.

eosos

Banned
MrMister said:
So yeah, I give up, Shadow Assault is at 16 games an hour. Even if I update the map, I probably will never reach that level of popularity again without a miracle. Hopefully my next major map release will be more fortunate...
Don't you love the popularity system??
Anyways post it on sc2mapster.com. If they like it you might see it on the front page and it'll be played.

keuja

eosos said:
Don't you love the popularity system??
Anyways post it on sc2mapster.com. If they like it you might see it on the front page and it'll be played.

I still don't get why you can't search for a specific map when you "join a game"... This is stupid.

evangd007

Syth_Blade22 said:
Crowd cheering when they should be, laughing when they should be etc. with ease?

Would be awesome to see.

All of the above, plus groans when drewbie had horrid micro! It kind of sucks that the players wear headphones because they can't hear the applause when they hold off an assault that looked like it should've killed them.

Biggest cheers were for Fenix and Huk.

Syth_Blade22 said:

it was quite a sight, knowledgeable crowd went wild at just the right times!
Speaking of Day 9, he was nice enough to snap a photo with my gf and i after the semifinals, really cool guy

day9.jpg

Mardil

Jack Random said:
Speaking of Day 9, he was nice enough to snap a photo with my gf and i after the semifinals, really cool guy

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p19/jackrandom/day9.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
That's so cool man, I would love to take a picture with him if I ever went to one of those conventions.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
so i missed most of the iem stuff, any videos of it up?
i know the site has the replay files, but i like the commentary. :(

Zzoram

MrMister said:
23kw8p1.jpg

Official SCII Forums Thread: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/777578529
Official Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNkzpBjQ-U4

Shadow Assault 2.1 has been released! Some fixes for the previously biggest patch for SA is here! Go to Battle.net now to play!

Hope you enjoy it, version 2.2, which will be the last substantial patch for a while, isn't coming for another week.

Have you been posting about this map on Teamliquid? Teamliquid gets more traffic than NeoGAF (pretty insane) and they have an SC2 Custom Map board. It might help boost the popularity of this map.

Banes are so awesome. Occasionally I play as Terran and ground armies are so helpless against speed banelings. I try to split them but still get wiped out :(

I had somone rage at me the other day that banelings are OP, his strat was like 7 rax marine all in, which he didnt change at all after losing his army over and over.

jersoc

Jack Random said:

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p19/jackrandom/day9.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

nice, he's going to blizzcon. hoping to meet him there. pys is too, but no one knows what he looks like.

FUCK !!

Just lost a game to a Protoss who cannoned his front and built Void rays.I got Hydralisk even before scouting the voids but still lost because apparently 20 or so void rays are un stopple

I want to break stuff.

Mystery

TheThunder said:
FUCK !!

Just lost a game to a Protoss who cannoned his front and built Void rays.I got Hydralisk even before scouting the voids but still lost because apparently 20 or so void rays are un stopple

I want to break stuff.

You let him get 20 Void Rays off of one base?

Mystery said:
You let him get 20 Void Rays off of one base?
yeah, I'm bronze btw

he just walled off with canons and shit so I couldn't do anything.

I've played 30-40 games so far (I know not a lot) but this is the first loss where I was pissed off and felt I didn't deserve it. oh well will go back after I cool off for a bit.

Zzoram

TheThunder said:
yeah, I'm bronze btw

I've played 30-40 games so far (I know not a lot) but this is the first loss where I was pissed off and felt I didn't deserve it. oh well will go back after I cool off for a bit.

Um if he walls himself in, 2 expansions since he can't attack you any time soon. Send an overlord or two into his base to see what he's doing then counter it with your insane income while he's on a gimpy 1 base income.

Q8D3vil

TheThunder said:
yeah, I'm bronze btw

oh man he must have another secret expansion.
i case of cannon i like to leave my marines in different places across the map to catch if he's building an expansion then you expand for 3 or 4 bases while he is stuck in 1 base.
always works for me.

Zzoram

That is why positioning matters. A noob would've a-moved all his units in 1 control group and the banelings would've all hit the thors, not killing them, while the marines with insane DPS killed all the zerglings.

Zzoram said:
Um if he walls himself in, 2 expansions since he can't attack you any time soon. Send an overlord or two into his base to see what he's doing then counter it with your insane income while he's on a gimpy 1 base income.
That's what I did. I took the gold and only made hydras but it didn't matter.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
he actually did do the ol' stim and dance away from the banes and i almost lost because i clicked alittle high and hit the message log tab, but while dancing the lings were having their way with his thors. lucky for me when i hit the message tab, he ran down where my second group of banes were coming in from and that was gg once my mutas cleaned out his vikings/dropships.

damned message tab. :lol my heart almost stopped.

Aylinato

So today I was using HTs after 4gate pushes and I was in a random 2v2 and I was like, I'm going to do a drop, so I took a warp
prism I had built and was about to load them with zealots when I got an evil plan. Load high Templar and go storming all the drones and scvs they had. It was a glorious sight as my high Templar snipe the poor dudes queen with feedback 1 shotting it. Then I psi stormed all his drones while running away to my warp prism and went on to psi storm some scvs. It was a glorious time with my high Templar.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Aylinato said:
So today I was using HTs after 4gate pushes and I was in a random 2v2 and I was like, I'm going to do a drop, so I took a warp
prism I had built and was about to load them with zealots when I got an evil plan. Load high Templar and go storming all the drones and scvs they had. It was a glorious sight as my high Templar snipe the poor dudes queen with feedback 1 shotting it. Then I psi stormed all his drones while running away to my warp prism and went on to psi storm some scvs. It was a glorious time with my high Templar.
queens cant even take a break without something trying to kill them.
if ever the universe needed another union, this is one of those times.

fanboi

Banned
Pandaman said:

You can say...

That it was...

Moe.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH

ProudClod

Non-existent Member
vicissitudes said:
IMHO: SC1/BW > Warcraft 3/TFT > SC2.

Take that for what it's worth, but a lot of people have complaints about the story in the story thread. I would just stick to multiplayer.

Yeah, played the first few missions of the singleplayer. The presentation really IS nice. Having full voice overs is pretty amazing too. The problem is, it's kind of boring. It's a chore to play. Does it get way better?

ProudClod said:
Yeah, played the first few missions of the singleplayer. The presentation really IS nice. Having full voice overs is pretty amazing too. The problem is, it's kind of boring. It's a chore to play. Does it get way better?
not really, I never really got into it and still haven't finnished the campaign. one day maybe,

Aylinato

Pandaman said:
Lol I'm sorry, I just never did a HT drop ever, and all the zealot drops I do make me lose all my stuff I send, I just love high Templars psi storm so much. Though one time this dude tried DK rushing me and I had just gotten HTs out so I psi stormed the invisible unit to death! Then I got an obs to go with my stalkers and zealots/immortal combo.

Also I still dislike using colosi. It's not my style.

Boken

Banned
ProudClod said:

I found the game to be pretty intense and enjoyable on brutal (on a fresh save). If its boring because its easy, try upping the difficulty.

Has this been posted? Cool's GSL music video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrfzEO2yTe0&feature=player_embedded

Zerg Fighting~~

IceMarker

3v3 Random League, TZPvTZP, I roll'd Terran as Random, my two teammates fell to the first push, and I DOOM PUSH MY WAY TO VICTORY AGAINST 3 ARMIES WITH BANSHEES, MARINES, AND TANKS!

Made my night.

EDIT: Also, yes I'm going to post Shadow Assault on TL.net asap.

EDIT2: Posted!

ProudClod said:

Nope...you've pretty much summarized the entire campaign right there.

IceMarker

Sweet! I just won my first 1v1 game as Random! I rolled Terran so it ended up being a TvT. Was an odd TvT though...

Here's the replay of said match...
SC2Replayed uploader is down so I used gamereplays.org this time...

Man played some games just now. all of those were protoss except 1 Zerg and 1 Terran.

I think the void ray makes me hate playing against P :lol

IceMarker

Okay so, apparently a stat tracker on sc2sig says I'm supposed to be just under Platinum level (Although I may have misread it) right now! Yet I still think I suck
at macro
:lol
Actually, the guy I just beat, Ayojin, was a platinum player, and when I looked at the chart for the game, our army value throughout the first 15 minutes of the match are virtually identical, even though is APM was in the 100's and mine in the high 30's. Shit guys, I think I may actually be platinum 1v1 material. That would explain the stat tracker and why I haven't been promoted yet, barring the fact I just don't play 1v1 ladder often.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Pandaman said:
that chart doesnt make any sense though, there's no relationship between league placement and rank/score. :\
There's not even any real meaning to rank/score in the first place.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Dance In My Blood said:
There's not even any real meaning to rank/score in the first place.
rank, you're right.
score has a purpose. its not the best metric for skill, but it atleast is somewhat functional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom