• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
MidnightRider said:
I had no idea what I was getting myself into....

At work... 2nd day in a row (since getting it) with no sleep due to this game.

I've got a few buddies from another forum showing me "4 gate" builds and what not as training.... THERE IS SOOOOOOOO MUCH TO LEARN WITH HOW TO CLICK AND WHAT NOT THAT IT'S BLOWING MY MIND TRYING TO REMEMBER EVERYTHING!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

1 major problem though. My computer is bogging down to a crawl (13fps)

I have this exact computer

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883147097

Do yall know if a Radeon 5670 will work in it?

I've been over on consoles for so long I forgot what little computer knowledge I had. :(

Also downloaded Steam and thinking about picking Counter Strike Source.....

4gate is ok to start, but really.. work on the basics first.

probe probe probe probe probe probe probe probe probe

Cheeto

MidnightRider said:

I've got a few buddies from another forum showing me "4 gate" builds and what not as training.... THERE IS SOOOOOOOO MUCH TO LEARN WITH HOW TO CLICK AND WHAT NOT THAT IT'S BLOWING MY MIND TRYING TO REMEMBER EVERYTHING!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I have this exact computer

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883147097

Do yall know if a Radeon 5670 will work in it?

I've been over on consoles for so long I forgot what little computer knowledge I had. :(

Also downloaded Steam and thinking about picking Counter Strike Source.....

The processor is kinda slow and the GPU isn't exactly gaming spec... but I think you should be getting frames on low settings.

nilbog21

Banned
Regarding counter-strike; you guys genuinely think it will be fun for him to play Counter-strike 1.6 for the first time in 2011 ? just get source and play with the other noobs --a

Cheeto said:
The processor is kinda slow and the GPU isn't exactly gaming spec... but I think you should be getting frames on low settings.

What else should I check then? I have everything to low settings with nothing on my computer running in the back ground.... at least under the ctrl+alt+delete option of "Applications" the only thing running is starcraft..

Saw a video on youtube of a dude with worse specs than me running SC2 with that video card.... and it was running fine.

Which made me believe that either something is wrong with my computer or that card really does work.

nilbog21 said:
Regarding counter-strike; you guys genuinely think it will be fun for him to play Counter-strike 1.6 for the first time in 2011 ? just get source and play with the other noobs --a

I played the shit out of Soldier of Fortune 2 back in the day... so i'm somewhat familar with the maps of CS as most of the "fun" maps on SoF came from CS.

twofold

fanboi said:
How do you do that with a machine gun?

Drug addicted machine guns?

Pandaman said:
i wouldnt agree with that.
most of the skills relevant to being top tier in brood war are utterly unimportant or replaced by automatic components in sc2.

sure jaedong can command 18 command groups of units, but sc2 wouldnt even reward that level of micromanagement all that much.

I'd love to see someone with good enough multi tasking to be able to harass with two groups of Mutas in different places at the same time.

HolyCheck

twofold said:
I'd love to see someone with good enough multi tasking to be able to harass with two groups of Mutas in different places at the same time.

I think alot of the issue comes in that they don't have to, because the players good enough to win will win anyway.. as people improve this kind of shit will become standard...

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
MidnightRider said:
Do you think adding that video card i mentioned will bring my fps up to something worth a damn?
your motherboard has 1 pci x16 1.0 slot.
that card requires a X16 2.1 slot.

joelseph

MidnightRider said:
Well looks like I will have to put this game on hold till I get a better computer....

QQ

You should be getting much better performance, specially on the low settings. You have up-to-date gfx drivers yes?

V_Arnold

MidnightRider said:
Well looks like I will have to put this game on hold till I get a better computer....

QQ

Make sure you turn off anything like V-Sync, and do not run steam while you play, that might help a little, if anything.
Also, Full Screen > Full Screen (Windowed), performance-wise.

joelseph said:
You should be getting much better performance, specially on the low settings.
Even with that integrated GPU? I know this game is more CPU-limited and all, but... My gut feeling anyways is that a 5670 probably would make the difference assuming it'd work with his mobo.

Anyways, you might want to try asking in the "I need a new PC" thread MidnightRider. Just make sure to tell them that you're mostly looking for a way to make SC2 playable for now.

Jeff-DSA

StopMakingSense said:
It's not a machine gun. Pull the trigger for each bullet?

:p

I thought it was more the speed between bursts was much less, like it is for marauders.

I got it!

The guns have always been capable of firing faster, but marines can't use them unless they stim because they wouldn't have the strength to handle the recoil and their accuracy would plummet. When they stim, they pull the special trigger and unleash the gun's full fire rate!

Gimme a cookie.

slidewinder said:
Even with that integrated GPU? I know this game is more CPU-limited and all, but... My gut feeling anyways is that a 5670 probably would make the difference assuming it'd work with his mobo.

Anyways, you might want to try asking in the "I need a new PC" thread MidnightRider. Just make sure to tell them that you're mostly looking for a way to make SC2 playable for now.
Thanks for the heads up about that thread.

I'm gonna make a post now!

cdyhybrid

Marines have to aim before firing a burst of bullets, Stim heightens their senses and lets them acquire targets faster, allowing them to shoot more frequent bursts without wasting ammo. The recoil mentioned above is also a good idea.

And hydras won't be useless for long, they'll be required for lurkers in HotS :)
Hopefully :(

Deadly

cdyhybrid said:
Marines have to aim before firing a burst of bullets, Stim heightens their senses and lets them acquire targets faster, allowing them to shoot more frequent bursts without wasting ammo. The recoil mentioned above is also a good idea.

And hydras won't be useless for long, they'll be required for lurkers in HotS :)
Hopefully :(
The explanation for why they removed lurkers was pretty logical I think. They'd have to weaken the hydra in order to accommodate for lurker.

a176

Banned
Deadly said:
The explanation for why they removed lurkers was pretty logical I think. They'd have to weaken the hydra in order to accommodate for lurker.

they removed lurker so they could add forcefield

twofold

Deadly said:

Make Hydra t1. Weaken them. Make Roach t2. Buff them. Make Lurker t2 morph.

Job done.

I know Blizzard tried this during the WOL beta but couldn't get it to work. I hope they sort it out in HOTS beta.

YakiSOBA

MidnightRider said:
I played the shit out of Soldier of Fortune 2 back in the day... so i'm somewhat familar with the maps of CS as most of the "fun" maps on SoF came from CS.

Man I used to SOF2 with my pals back in University, was so fuck awesome! Fav maps were The Shop, HK2, Raven HQ, all those man... fuck good times :)

HolyCheck

Watching grubbys stream for the first time properly, this is so professional compared to 99% of other players streams

sponsor logos,a banner, links to all his twitter/fb and other stuff, good interaction

Aylinato

i was watching vVv gaming stream, switching now

dude is good with blink, i love it

i wish he streamed more often im learning so much

the last guy the dude didnt even GG, such BM

he calls himself "PRO toss" awww yeaaa

Ultrabum

well I thought about HT, but then I'd actually have to tab to switch between forecefeild and storm... and if I wanted to have to work at the game, I'd go back to zerg :D

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
MidnightRider said:

I've got a few buddies from another forum showing me "4 gate" builds and what not as training....
Win before your fps drops too much. 4 gate sounds good.

nilbog21

Banned
guys, i really want to buy a new PC. i can't navigate the computer, watch movies, run other games, etc while SC2 is running. this is unacceptable. my friend (who is pc hardware expert) says I should wait until AMD to announce their new CPU to build a new rig.

what do you guys think? I know there are some computer experts here (Hazard; who helped me with holden's computer bottlenecking his 460gtx) that could prob lend me their thoughts on pcbuilding atm

Xyphie

I doubt AMD will release a Bulldozer CPU that beats i5-2500K gaming performance per price, especially in SC2 since it iirc only uses 2 threads.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Xyphie said:
I doubt AMD will release a Bulldozer CPU that beats i5-2500K gaming performance per price, especially in SC2 since it iirc only uses 2 threads.
The clocks on the leaked screens seem promising. I wouldn't be surprised if it matches valuewise tbh.

If you can wait a month you'll just have another option open to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom