• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STARFIELD |OT| 2023: A Space Toddity

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
To all the people starting the game now.

welcome-to-constellation-v0-sjgmxysqdmn81.jpg

clarky

Gold Member
Same here.
My perk tree is still mostly empty, not built a base or ship, not progressed the main quest that much, not fully completed any factions yet, 70% of the systems on the star map are still red i mean how much game did they fit in here? When that dude said he was 130hours in and still finding new stuff he wasn't kidding.

adamsapple

F5TIvyKWYAAWrxj

XSS version looks……good!
Super happy right now.

Yep, it's a very solid conversion with only minor and expected cuts.

45 here and still feels like im at the early game lol.

Same here.

I practically forced myself to do a couple of story quests today cause I was just spending my entire time doing faction things.

The main story isn't too bad, Barret is a pretty cool guy lol.

Last edited:

Antwix

Even though I'm playing on XSX, I just noticed a driver update for AMD GPUs went live for my PC. Just an FYI for anyone using AMD.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Downloading @ ~60MB/s on steam, hopefully holds the speed i should be playing in 20 ish minutes.

DLSS upscaler downloaded

angry fun GIF by South Park

adamsapple

PS.

Someone gave this advice earlier and I am gonna echo this.

It's very tempting to just use the map menu to fast travel point to point and reach the mission planet directly.

But it is 100% worth it doing the take off animation and using the grav-shift to travel to different galaxies while in space, because that's how you'll open up the random encounters, space fights, weird space oddities etc.

Using fast travel via the maps will skip most of that.

adamsapple

I'm getting ready to jump back in momentarily. I stole my first ship last night. I tried to assign an additional companion to the ship, but I don't see her. I wonder if she's riding on the outside?
maxresdefault.jpg

My ship is starting to turn into a monstrosity with me bolting habitat and cargo bays on it at odd angles lol.

Topher

Gold Member
My perk tree is still mostly empty, not built a base or ship, not progressed the main quest that much, not fully completed any factions yet, 70% of the systems on the star map are still red i mean how much game did they fit in here? When that dude said he was 130hours in and still finding new stuff he wasn't kidding.

Yep. I'm about a fourth into the main quest I think. Completed the Rangers faction. Did the Lair of the Mantis. So now I have three ships. But good grief if I throw a grenade I'll blow up someone with a potential mission for me. This is quintessential Bethesda right here. Loving it.

Oh....just took over my first pirate ship in space. That's an added element to ship combat and it is fun as hell.

Last edited:

Stuart360

'Very positive' Steam reviews so far from over 1000. Quite surprised because demanding games to run usually get a lot of negative reviews on Steam.

Also there are numerous poeple with nearly 100 hours played already, how?, lol.

hollams

Gold Member
Everyone on PC needs to get the Undelayed Menu Mod as it makes accessing and leaving menus extremely quick. Since you are in menus a ton it makes a huge difference and not sure why the game shipped with the such slow menus to begin with.

clarky

Gold Member
Yep. I'm about a fourth into the main quest I think. Completed the Rangers faction. Did the Lair of the Mantis. So now I have three ships. But good grief if I throw a grenade I'll blow up someone with a potential mission for me. This is quintessential Bethesda right here. Loving it.

Oh....just took over my first pirate ship in space. That's an added element to ship combat and it is fun as hell.
Spent an hour the other day trying to make my guy Douglas Quaalude look like Arnold Schwarzenegger but gave up. Having another crack when i get the chance.

And i never bother with character creation shit normally.

ajanke

I had to load an old save with like 5 hours lost time so that I could get a roll on that armor set from that Mantis mission lol. Worth it though.

Topher

Gold Member
I had to load an old save with like 5 hours lost time so that I could get a roll on that armor set from that Mantis mission lol. Worth it though.

Ouch. I think I would have done the same. Yeah....definitely worth it.

ajanke

Everyone on PC needs to get the Undelayed Menu Mod as it makes accessing and leaving menus extremely quick. Since you are in menus a ton it makes a huge difference and not sure why the game shipped with the such slow menus to begin with.

I haven't used NMM since using Vortex briefly on CP2077. Is it still easy download mod, install mod into the mod manager, and then launch game from vortex? or is that not the case yet?

Top Bottom