• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STARFIELD |OT| 2023: A Space Toddity

Draugoth

Gold Member
Is crowbcat cooking?

You guys were right about photo mode being fun. I think I might have to snap 1 shot from every planet.

FQhPAlO.jpg

Stuart360

Hardly surprising.
I was actually surprised to be honest. Mainly because games that are very hard to run usually get a lot of negative reviews on Steam. The Steam forums have also been flooded with idiots saying they were going to buy the game, refund it, and leave a negative review, which they still could to be fair.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Just like was mentioned earlier about manual takeoffs and jumps having random encounters, on the 2nd one I did today a Freestar Collective ship tried to extort money from us on a false accusation of having illicit contraband. My new ship has a crazy good grav drive, so I rerouted power and jumped out of there in .5secs. Cool shit.

Stuart360

Still 'Very Positive' from over 5000 reviews now. Even if idiots do try and review bomb it, they might not have the effect they were hoping for anyway. It would need a massive amount of negative reviews now to turn it 'mostly negative'.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
From that Reddit list:

• Read the skills, not just their descriptions, saves you a lot of headache later. Looking at you, Piloting.

Hmm, wonder what they mean there? I am really champing at the bit to get to Class B, and then C, ships, and it looks like Piloting is the way to do that? Not sure what they mean...

Just stumbled upon a side mission where these humans are freaked out about this unknown ship orbiting their planet. I dock the ship and it’s another group of humans, who have been traveling for over 200 years from Earth and surviving by having kids and passing knowledge and plans down generation to generation. They want me to go down to this planet that they think they have dibs on and convince a planet of humans to leave and life elsewhere so these others can colonize the planet because the ones in space don’t want to share 😆

I should have just killed everyone on board but I’ll go down and just see what the people on the planet say.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Expect the metacritic user scores to be really low because literally every new big game has that issue there for one reason or another.

Hope all the release day folks are enjoying the game!

Just stumbled upon a side mission where these humans are freaked out about this unknown ship orbiting their planet. I dock the ship and it’s another group of humans, who have been traveling for over 200 years from Earth and surviving by having kids and passing knowledge and plans down generation to generation. They want me to go down to this planet that they think they have dibs on and convince a planet of humans to leave and life elsewhere so these others can colonize the planet because the ones in space don’t want to share 😆

I should have just killed everyone on board but I’ll go down and just see what the people on the planet say.

You can find a peaceful solution that makes both parties happy and check up on that ship later :p

Last edited:

norm9

Fell asleep playing it the past few nights so my total hours played is totally inaccurate.

I think I made a mistake of pumping all my points into social but I'm too far in to restart. In Skyrim, illusion spells can launched from very far away. In Starfield, you have to be, I'd estimate ~10-15 feet is the limit of your social influence which makes it far too easy for the bad dudes to start attacking you before you can blast them with diplomacy/intimidate.

Saving ship building and outposts until the end as it feels like putting points into those specific things make them more "fun" and useful.

Antwix

From that Reddit list:

• Read the skills, not just their descriptions, saves you a lot of headache later. Looking at you, Piloting.

Hmm, wonder what they mean there? I am really champing at the bit to get to Class B, and then C, ships, and it looks like Piloting is the way to do that? Not sure what they mean...
Not sure since I just started and have 0 crew yet but the skill in games says something regarding how it's a popular skill with people in the galaxy. So perhaps you can just benefit from the crew member's skills instead of leveling up your own? Only thing I can think of.

Top Bottom