• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield | Review Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 40-45%

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • 45-50%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-55%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 55-60%

• 60-65%

• 65-70%

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 81 12.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 241 37.3%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 243 37.6%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 55 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

demigod

I think I might have triggered someone 😂
Banjo64 Banjo64 is triggered too 🥲
BlueLyria BlueLyria is triggered too 🥲
4rEP1hx.jpg
Stop crying

demigod

Since when is it against the rules to discuss a review in a review thread at that, of a highly anticipated game that was supposed to be the game of the generation.

I guess Phil was right after all, Starfield being an 11/10 won’t save Xbox.

Maybe a 7/10 game will? Or should you guys start hyping up the next release like you did for Redfall and Starfield?

bad man meat wave GIF by SideOneDummy Records
They hyped up The Medium and Scorn, Avowed is next, lol.

DJ12

It's very simple, if Bethesda was not bought out by Microsoft then this thread would have been a fraction of the size that it is. I'm not suggesting that the game would have reviewed any better or some nonsense like that (it's a Bethesda game, for better or worse). Just that certain obvious posters are dragging this ouout.
If Microsoft didn't buy Bethesda I think the reaction would've been worse, as they probably would've just shipped it last year.

But on the whole your take is disingenuous at best. The game has been built up as the saviour of xbox, this thread and the many others that have been made seem to be 50% people who have played the game and are disappointed, 10% people who haven't played it pointing and laughing, 30% xbox fans that are tolerating it, and 10% MS defence force trying to shut all negative comments down.

Like it or not, people expected better, it was oversold and over hyped by the influences, paid shills, MS and Bethesda.

Reap what they sowed.

Spiderman 2 will probably release with very little fan fare and even if it scores 70 to 80 on metacritic no one will bat an eye.

Because PlayStation fans themselves have already been putting the game down for its faults and looks. This is what happens when fans don't have to cling to a single game to 'save' their chosen brand.

Hugare

I still find it amazing that this review thread is 106 pages already. I don't recall any other game getting quite so far, especially when the game has not even been out for a month. It's pretty obvious why it has gone on so long though.
MS/Bethesda did this on themselves by not sending review codes to UK reviewers

So people will keep talking about it until all of the scores have been released to the public.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
They didn't wanted to criticize Jimquisition gal.
Holy fuck I went over there, and there's a thread from a guy on his wedding day posting on REEEEEEEEEEEEE. Dude is getting married today and here he is, posting about it on REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE for....I don't know. I sure wouldn't post on GAF on my fucking wedding day!

Also Stephanie Sterling is such a strong, beautiful woman!

Last edited:

Vroadstar

Did the UK outlets review scores already factored in latest MC score? If not, the current MC of 85 will probably lower it even more and settle at 83-84 when all is said and done.

killatopak

Gold Member
I just saw the updated OP and MC scores...I voted 85-90 for the review score.....

braveheart-hold.gif
I voted 90 in the prediction thread. That was me being very pessemistic so my expectations wouldn't get the best of me.

I enjoyed FO4 with 84 MC score and that's my minimum threshhold. My first thought was give me Fallout in space and everything else is gravy. Unfortunately Starfield doesn't have VATS. I didn't expect to miss slow motion body dismemberment picker this much until Starfield happened. Not even Skyrim's slow motion kill cam made the cut. I mean if you didn't like it there's always the option to turn it off. There's no option here. :lollipop_crying:

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
I didn't expect to miss slow motion body dismemberment picker this much until Starfield happened. Not even Skyrim's slow motion kill cam made the cut. I mean if you didn't like it there's always the option to turn it off. There's no option here.
You know what? That's actually a good point. Its very tame for an M-rated game! Remove the blood sprites and it will get an easy T from ESRB for sure. That 'America in space written by a choir boy' vibe instantly kills the setting and a lot of immersion. SF is almost entirely devoid of violence, sexuality (pronounce is rarely brought up outside of char editor) and mutiliation. There's no nudity (even in strip-bar on Neon), cruelty or even truly haunting stories in Starfield (and when they try it's tired cliches you can't really relate to). Most of the time, frontier space is a docile, comfortable, even fuzzy place to be.

Hell, there's not even a hint about how the countries evolved, we're essentially looking at yet another Space America with hats, Wild West, spess pyrates and all that stuff. Everything is Space America! And devoid on any religion (local written-for-tes-template-cult is laughably out of place in Starfield, but I'll hold off my spoilers) or even a tiny amount of writing spiciness.

Granted, not every game should be political. But even Mass Effect' story played a lot more with cultures, religion, drug abuse, human abuse and sex. Only a few outlets even noticed this in Starfield, but I'll hope we'll get some more cultural and worldbuilding discussions further down the line.

Last edited:

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
And this is after they drove out a good chunk of their Xbox community to create XboxEra.
These REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEtards mods can't even purge their asylum properly. Doesn't help that they are inmates too. I am glad they are dedicated to the REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, so they can be confined in their safety bubble (tardward) and can argue that a game is sexist because the robot protagonist is beat up in the opening cutscene and then transrage at how the dev team has only one woman on lololol.

What a fucking joke of a place.

Last edited:

TheHolyGhost

Neo Member
I'm confused as hell, looking at some of the reviews I see 10's from outlets like Destructoid, Washington Post and a few others that usually don't hand out 10s.

but then outlets that usually give 10s like hotcakes AKA IGN, GameSpot rated it a 7? Why is it so mixed? Looking to hop in myself this weekend because I've been waiting and the fact that it has no bugs is enough for me to already consider it a step over F76 and F4.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I'm confused as hell, looking at some of the reviews I see 10's from outlets like Destructoid, Washington Post and a few others that usually don't hand out 10s.

but then outlets that usually give 10s like hotcakes AKA IGN, GameSpot rated it a 7? Why is it so mixed? Looking to hop in myself this weekend because I've been waiting and the fact that it has no bugs is enough for me to already consider it a step over F76 and F4.
No bugs? Bruh you can miss out on very good sidequests because the quest giver NPCs can either fall through the floor and fly up into the ceiling and disappear forever, and no reloading a past save doesn't fucking fix it. It's buggier than launch Fallout 3 lol.

TheHolyGhost

Neo Member
No bugs? Bruh you can miss out on very good sidequests because the quest giver NPCs can either fall through the floor and fly up into the ceiling and disappear forever, and no reloading a past save doesn't fucking fix it. It's buggier than launch Fallout 3 lol.
ok I'm still like 2-3 hours in and just got now to that mysterious clan outpost on the first world so I haven't seen anything yet but that seems busted, it's more from what I've read that there aren't MAJOR bugs the way Cyberpunk had them or the game was unplayable like F76 at launch

Pointless post that's not good for anything but a warning from the mods.
Bro you need help if this is how you genuinely believe things are. Leaning into a full on conspiracy because an above average game, got bad reviews from players, over review outlets such as Xboxera.

Blame Todd for using creation engine and selling you a dream

On a separate note in curious how much it's sold considering it's on game pass and steam pc users are calling it out for what it is.

As usually garbage metrics like X amount of players means little.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
ok I'm still like 2-3 hours in and just got now to that mysterious clan outpost on the first world so I haven't seen anything yet but that seems busted, it's more from what I've read that there aren't MAJOR bugs the way Cyberpunk had them or the game was unplayable like F76 at launch
Nah it's clearly more functional then these two. Like the main quest will not break. But it's the side missions that are really cool and in-depth and better written than the main story that can get bugged forever unless you start a new save file. I am sure that this will be fixed (like how my Fallout 3 character with high stats in science could not complete a quest using the science path, because they legit forgot to add an ending to that quest using science lol).

But it's buggy as shit. Hell at least Saints Row 2022's glitches (which are near constant) can be fixed with a reload hahaha

ByWatterson

This thread has become hilarious.

It's arguably (and only arguably, Jesus!) just not a very good game, and people are getting defensive and taking that personally.

FFXVI is my game of the year, one of my favorites EVER, and many people here seem to hate it. Okay! Who gives a shit! Let people not like something in the goddamn REVIEW thread!

Last edited:

Lokaum D+

Wait Wait, im at 40 hours now and wanted to change my build for a steath one and this "RPG" dont let me respec ? i cant even try new builds in a 2023 RPG ???

WTF ?i m missing something ? there is a way to respec that i m not finding ? if no i m locked with my build ? if yes, god damn it, i m really mad right now 15/10

DenchDeckard DenchDeckard adamsapple adamsapple need help here

Last edited:
Top Bottom