• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overdoziz

Banned
Performance in the demo was pretty bad at times for me, even with everything on low. The framerate would drop significantly out of nowhere every now and then.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Tried it a couple of weeks ago. From what little I've heard they've only fixed it for Nvidia graphics cards, though. Not for AMDs (I've got a 7850), like mine.

I played it on a 7850 2gb / i5 4ghz / 16 gb ddr3 / latest drivers around a month ago and it ran at 60 fps flawlessly.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
wait, is ass creed 3 and ass revs steam redeemable?

I can't say no to 5 bucks for ass revs

AssCreed 3 is, yes (just be sure to purchase the "Online Game Code" version), but not Revelations.

No Sonic allstar racing transformed either :'(. Was hoping to finally pick that one up. Don't disappoint me too, steam!

I'd like to pick up a copy for a mate on the cheap. I forgot all about that last time it was on sale.

zkylon

zkylewd
AssCreed 3 is, yes (just be sure to purchase the "Online Game Code" version), but not Revelations.

hmm, that sucks. 13 bucks is not such a clear choice

I'll just push it forward like always. I haven't played an ass creed game in a while but I feel the yearly exhaustion just from the games being released

JaseC

I still can't purchase Gunslinger from Nuuvem due to alleged server overload. Fix your crummy servers already. :(

Knurek

man those upcoming amazon sales are terrible, all like twice the price they've gone for before and hella non-steam keys

did the novelty of selling video games wear off for them or what

If we have a repeat of last year, and Amazon beats Steam Seal on pricing, there will be a lot of wailing and teeth gnashing ITT

Addnan

Anyone playing Rogue Legacy with Windows 8? Was about to pull the trigger with Dunder, but just read the steam page saying Windows 8 not fully supported.

Ryan_

0HDP1JH.jpg

God, I can't wait for the Steam Summer Sale. Gaben will seduce me once more to buy games I'll probably never play but I do think I need.

Also, how do you make so much money from selling cards?

http://i.imgur.com/0HDP1JH.jpg[IMG]
God, I can't wait for the Steam Summer Sale. Gaben will seduce me once more to buy games I'll probably never play but I do need.[/QUOTE]

A work of art. WOULD

Sorry if this has been posted before- there are a few Steam-redeemable games on sale at [url=https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_uk/pc-windows-download/rpg/1/]Square Enix.[/url] The Last Remnant, all Dungeon Sieges. Tomb Raider, Hitman, Sleepy Dogs and FF 7 (not Steam).

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
To buy or not to buy risen 2....
DO IT!
Just, don't expect a perfect game. (but what is?) If you like exploration and a piratey atmosphere, there's no reason not to buy that gem. Especially for that price.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
The Risen 2 Code from nuuvem registers as Risen 2 (DD Europe) on Steam.

I wonder if there's anything different from the US version?

Tak3n

Banned
So what kind of game is Natural Selection 2 and how does it fair vs. Chivalry?

NS2 is very much team based shooter, where you aim is to control and build resources in a given area, you are given directions by a human commander

Chivalry whilst it does have objectives most people charge around just killing each other

KarmaCow

So what kind of game is Natural Selection 2 and how does it fair vs. Chivalry?

It's like an RTS where most of the players are the fodder units while one person plays as the commander who can place buildings and direct everyone else. The two sides have very different mechanics, like Terran vs Zerg in Starcraft.

Chivalry is a game where you chop heads off dudes with a giant sword while screaming like a maniac. It's like trying to compare Super Smash Brothers to DotA.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
It's like an RTS where most of the players are the fodder units while one person plays as the commander who can place buildings and direct everyone else. The two sides have very different mechanics, like Terran vs Zerg in Starcraft.

Chivalry is a game where you chop heads off dudes with a giant sword while screaming like a maniac. It's like trying to compare Super Smash Brothers to DotA.

I disagree: Neither are good in your scenario, while Chivalry is amazing

Psyae

Anyone playing Rogue Legacy with Windows 8? Was about to pull the trigger with Dunder, but just read the steam page saying Windows 8 not fully supported.

Works fine for me. The only problem I ever had with it is that I couldn't get the Steam overlay to work the first time I ran it, but since then it's been fine. That might've just been me though.

JaseC

Shit, just had my first BSoD in years. You know it's serious when Windows 7 completely crashes like this :/

Win7 BSOD'd on me just before and now I'm getting a "Windows cannot boot because a required device cannot be detected" (paraphrased) error. If my SSD has kicked the bucket, I'm going to be so annoyed.

If I have to reinstall Windows, I might take this opportunity to give 8 a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom