• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thieve

Neo Member
The thing is GFWL DLC works a differently to steam DLC, in order to use it you need to to do the following steps.

1. Right click on SSF4 AE and look for Product keys.
2. You will see a long list of individual DLC keys.
3. Go to www.xbox.com and login with your GFWL account.
4. Go to product registration and register all the DLC you have.
5. Go to the GFWL client on your PC and download all the DLC for SSF4
6. After its done, start the game and the DLC should be there.

Wow, that sounds awful.

AHA-Lambda

The thing is GFWL DLC works a differently to steam DLC, in order to use it you need to to do the following steps.

Ok that sounds awful.

Just to check then, I just got Dark Souls, should the DLC already be installed or do I need to do something similar to the above?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
First person to quote this sentence gets a copy of Psychonauts. Sent
Your a beautifull human being.
Everyone who gives the intense enjoyment of Psychonauts to others is a good (wo)man in my books.

Caerith

While that was true for the Arkham Shitty DLC, for SSFIVAECP it's all there even without me having to do anything. Selecting, say, Cammy and her Alternate Costume 2 or 3 or whatever has her in a catsuit. But:

Oh, nice, apparently you can buy the SSF4AE DLC bundle package and the individual pieces of DLC.

Card Boy

Banned

Thanks for reminding me why i don't buy GFWL titles.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
While that was true for the Arkham Shitty DLC, for SSFIVAECP it's all there even without me having to do anything. Selecting, say, Cammy and her Alternate Costume 2 or 3 or whatever has her in a catsuit.

Same here, except I bought AE by itself and then decided to pick up the DLC collection afterwards. I didn't have to do any extra steps or downloads. As soon as I purchased it, I could select all alternate costumes.

For some reason, my fps is always around 59.95 in the benchmark. None of the in-game settings have any effect on it. I'm not sure if this is something I need to worry about or just accept.

Hawkie

Same here, except I bought AE by itself and then decided to pick up the DLC collection afterwards. I didn't have to do any extra steps or downloads. As soon as I purchased it, I could select all alternate costumes.

For some reason, my fps is always around 59.95 in the benchmark. None of the in-game settings have any effect on it. I'm not sure if this is something I need to worry about or just accept.

Sounds like the fps cap on your monitor if you have vsync off with no difference.

Tattooth

Whole bunch of codes. Quote to see.

Hotline Miami

Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers

English Country Tune

Intrusion 2

Oil Rush

Proteus

McPixel

Bastion

Let me know if any don't work
EDIT: Pretty sure they are all gone now.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Sounds like the fps cap on your monitor if you have vsync off with no difference.

I didn't have time to look into it too much before I had to leave for work, but I played a match with Juri and it seemed to be fine. I'm not amazing or anything, but I was pulling off the same combos I did on the 360 version.

I don't think it's playable in 3600x2025 for me, though. The screen tearing when a character jumps or does an ultra is pretty rough. Was fun to play around with it, though.

PriitV

Stepan Vondrak said:
pCARS is not available at Steam yet. Today we should have first private testing build on Steam and if all goes well we will have public builds available soon(tm).
Yet another early access title coming to steam.

Slyjss

Whole bunch of codes. Quote to see.

Hotline Miami

Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers

English Country Tune

Intrusion 2

Oil Rush

Proteus

Frozen Synapse

McPixel

Bastion

Let me know if any don't work

English Country Tune is duplicated, maybe someone took it already.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So not only does Gunslinger lack any AA options, it also requires that you exit to the main menu to change the resolution. I also find it incredibly weird that F6 and F7 are the left/right scroll keys and not, uh, the arrow keys themselves. Get your act together, Techland.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
Since everyone's in a giving mood, I might as well offload some of my extra stuff as well.

Quote for Super Hexagon

Quote for Nightsky

PM me for Torchlight
PM me for Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! Special Edition Double Pack

Xanathus

Oh geez, apparently Russians are able to suspend your Steam account from making purchases simply by transferring a small amount of rubles to your account (if you aren't Russian). Your account is then blocked from purchasing for as long as it takes for Steam support to see your ticket and fix the problem (which is like weeks).

edit: apparently they need to know your Steam login name, but most people have their ID the same as their login
edit2: you get banned from purchasing and adding/playing new games to your account for up to 9 weeks even if support sees your issue :/

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1hf1qz/warning_russian_users_can_use_an_exploit_to_shut/

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

You forgot the part where you have to sacrifice a virgin in Ballmer's honor.

DirtRiver

Oh geez, apparently Russians are able to suspend your Steam account from making purchases simply by transferring a small amount of rubles to your account (if you aren't Russian). Your account is then blocked from purchasing for as long as it takes for Steam support to see your ticket and fix the problem (which is like weeks).

edit: apparently they need to know your Steam login name, but most people have their ID the same as their login

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1hf1qz/warning_russian_users_can_use_an_exploit_to_shut/

I find it hilarious that russian gamers found this exploit because it's so simple yet so destructive. Valve needs to get this sorted out, it's ridiculous that a person gets his account banned because a Russian sent someone money.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

edit2: you get banned from purchasing and adding/playing new games to your account for up to 9 weeks even if support sees your issue :/

So Russians can add funds to someone's Steam Wallet using QIWI and the only information required is their account name? An easy way to patch this at Valve's end would be to require Steam Guard confirmation when adding Steam Wallet funds through an external source.

I don't get how this works. Don't you have to agree to accept money from other people? And don't you also have to have that person on your friend list?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

First time I hear that you can gift money through Steam. Is this true, or just one of those hoaxes where you need to resend a chain mail to 50 people unless you want Hotmail to become a paid service?

So Russians can add funds to someone's Steam Wallet using QIWI and the only information required is their account name? An easy way to patch this at Valve's end would be to require Steam Guard confirmation when adding Steam Wallet funds through an external source.

I'm sure Valve will add it as soon as possible.

First time I hear that you can gift money through Steam. Is this true, or just one of those hoaxes where you need to resend a chain mail to 50 people unless you want Hotmail to become a paid service?

You don't gift money you add money to your steam wallet by entering your login name and if someone enters the wrong login name this may happen.

Since everyone's in a giving mood, I might as well offload some of my extra stuff as well.

Quote for Super Hexagon

Quote for Nightsky

PM me for Torchlight
PM me for Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! Special Edition Double Pack
Nightsky please?

Edit: Someone already took it

They wouldn't even need to know your login, they could just send a couple cents each to a bunch of random names assuming someone uses that name as their login.

(assuming that you don't have to accept the money)

Why did I have to sleep during to give aways :( Not that I'd have been fast enough lol.

Anyway, I asked this yesterday, but seems like noone replied. If I missed it I'm sorry, I'm blind >.>

So with the steam sale not happening at all this year, it's maybe time to ask this before the christmas sale kicks off.

I have these 3 games on my wishlist: fallen enchantress, eador and warlock.

They all 3 have quite some similarities, so I'd like to ask if anyone has played 2 (or all 3) of these and can give me a quick pro/con about them. Or what the main differences are.

Thanks for the help!

I'll end up buying them all

Munin

Warlock isn't really comparable to the other two. It's very light, fast and combat-focused. Different experience altogether. If they've fixed the Eador bugs by now then that would probably be the best one

Xanathus

I don't get how this works. Don't you have to agree to accept money from other people? And don't you also have to have that person on your friend list?

It looks like the QIWI system is for people who don't have a credit card and want to add funds into their Steam wallet to purchase games. Apparently there's zero authentication needed on Valve's end for doing this when it should at the minimum have that Steam authorization thing which you get when you try to login to Steamgifts.

Why did I have to sleep during to give aways :( Not that I'd have been fast enough lol.

Anyway, I asked this yesterday, but seems like noone replied. If I missed it I'm sorry, I'm blind >.>
I have a spare code for Warlock, I'll PM it to you next time I'm on a PC if you want it.
Happy summer seal!

Milamber

Basically, the next time someone asks me for TF2 inventories, can essentially threaten me to block my wallet account unless I fork my stuff over.

Wonderful.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sure Valve will add it as soon as possible.

You don't gift money you add money to your steam wallet by entering your login name and if someone enters the wrong login name this may happen.
I see now, thanks for the explanation. Guess I should start blurring my username whenever I upload a screenshot of the client here.

Or not. I trust you guys. Feel free to send me all your monies. I'll take US dollars, UK pounds and Argentinian pesos (I'm in the bathroom right now, so I'm imagining a good use for the latter).

Warlock isn't really comparable to the other two. It's very light, fast and combat-focused. Different experience altogether. If they've fixed the Eador bugs by now then that would probably be the best one

Hm, thanks. As I said, I'll end up with them all lol, but I hate being confused on how they are different..

I have a spare code for Warlock, I'll PM it to you next time I'm on a PC if you want it.
Happy summer seal!

:eek: Wow, thanks man. You're awesome <3
If you want a dota2 beta in return, lemme know
lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom