• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Basically, the next time someone asks me for TF2 inventories, can essentially threaten me to block my wallet account unless I fork my stuff over.

Wonderful.

The person would need your account/log-in name, which isn't advertised through any Steam function. Valve even removed the ability to search for friends via account name or e-mail address.

It looks like the QIWI system is for people who don't have a credit card and want to add funds into their Steam wallet to purchase games. Apparently there's zero authentication needed on Valve's end for doing this when it should at the minimum have that Steam authorization thing which you get when you try to login to Steamgifts.
Yikes. Hope Valve patches this soon. Thanks for clarifying this for me

Whole bunch of codes. Quote to see.

Hotline Miami

Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers

English Country Tune

Intrusion 2

Oil Rush

Proteus

McPixel

Bastion

Let me know if any don't work
EDIT: Pretty sure they are all gone now.

Yeah was gonna take macpixel (only one I don't have from the list) and it's also gone! thanks anyway!

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I'm probably going to be Scrub Zero.

I'll only respect it if you use the classic ninja costume.
I'm a noob, so I will play Zombie Sub Zero naturally.

MK9 is nice in that you're forced to play with most of the cast as you go through the story mode, which is fantastic. You never know what character is going to work for you. When I purchased the game, I was set on Reptile. He was always my favorite growing up, and I thought for sure that I would like playing with him. I was completely wrong. My Reptile was ass, and I wasn't having fun with him. I ended up taking a liking to Ermac and Jade. They seem to work well with my poor defense. Kenshi is also a total blast, although I didn't get to play him very much before my friends had migrated back to AE and Marvel.

I plan on learning how to play Rain this time around. I must purify my opponents in the waters of Lake Minnetonka.

Edit: A lot of people prefer to play MK9 on a pad instead of a stick, Feef. I switch between the two, depending on how much noise I can make (my desk is in the bedroom and my girlfriend goes to bed way earlier than I do).

derFeef

I did best with Sektor and Noob when I played it on PS3 - I never touched online though and don't know any of the DLC characters so I am prepared to get juggled endlessly :)
I wanted to play Cyrax a lot since I love his story, but he did not work for me at all.

I hope the game drops for all regions on the 3rd, but knowing how it goes I guess not and I will have to wait until friday.

Nabs

The thing is GFWL DLC works a differently to steam DLC, in order to use it you need to to do the following steps.

1. Right click on SSF4 AE and look for Product keys.
2. You will see a long list of individual DLC keys.
3. Go to www.xbox.com and login with your GFWL account.
4. Go to product registration and register all the DLC you have.
5. Go to the GFWL client on your PC and download all the DLC for SSF4
6. After its done, start the game and the DLC should be there.

err.. this is not how it works with street fighter. everything is done through steam.

Dawg

I guess nobody has a Fable 3 steamgift left? I'd pay for it because me and a buddy want to play co-op. He already owns the game but I don't.

Sucks that it's 39.99 atm. Obviously, I know it'll be cheap as hell when the steam sales finally pop online, but we want to play it this week (he's going on vacation after that).

I've tried looking around online for those cheap "steam key websites" but didn't really find anything either.

err.. this is not how it works with street fighter. everything is done through steam.

Yep I've got all the DLC and have done none of those steps.

I usually just lurk and only post during steam sales. But after skimming the thread, I just want to drop in here and just say that I truly believe that steamgaf is the best gaf clique. <3 <3

I've been away from gaf for the past month. Reflecting recently I believe this to be true.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Just posted in the Steam Trading Thread and i'm regretting it already. I'd rather just give it away to the awesome people down here. Giving a Victoria II key to whoever's interested! It's strategic, a Paradox title, quite complex, niche and awesome! :)

Blablurn

Just posted in the Steam Trading Thread and i'm regretting it already. I'd rather just give it away to the awesome people down here. Giving a Victoria II key to whoever's interested! It's strategic, a Paradox title, quite complex, niche and awesome! :)

i take it :)

Milamber

That's not fair, I want to be awesome too...

If someone friends me on Steam and gifts me Super Street Fighter® IV Arcade Edition at $7.49 will have any Steam game of their choice that is exactly or under $9.99 gifted to them in exchange.

Please quote me to be the one that initiates it to prevent multiple requests.

EDIT: traded with Maxwood. Thanks.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
That's not fair, I want to be awesome too...

If someone friends me on Steam and gifts me Super Street Fighter® IV Arcade Edition at $7.49 will have any Steam game of their choice that is exactly or under $9.99 gifted to them in exchange.

Please quote me to be the one that initiates it to prevent multiple requests.
If that gets me Fallout: New Vegas or Risen, sure! :p

There's no EU/US mumbojumbo weirdness with the game and it's online servers, I hope?
EDIT: One hell of a deal, thanks mate!

Sooooo today is the day right gaf

steam-summer-sale-12.jpg

Tizoc

Well the weekly deals are ending today...I expect the sale to be NEXT week, with no weekly sales being on for the next few days.

KiDdYoNe

So, i got Natural Selection 2 code that i don't really need. Not sure if it's working, but should be... you know what to do, and please tell me if it works

JaseC

I poked around the registry a bit, and not only have the listings for the 007 Legends apps seen some tinkering in recent weeks, but Skyfall DLC was added to the subs (both regular and retail) a few months ago.

I think something is afoot and Amazon will indeed be selling the game in a week.

Nabs

Toki Tori 2 is still coming out on the 11th. I wonder if they just lined it up with the beginning of the sale and plan on selling it at a massive discount.

Quote for some games.

Nightsky -
Nightsky (2) -
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP -
Splice -
Crayon Physics Deluxe -
McPixel -
Thomas was Alone -
Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -
English Country Tune -
Intrusion 2 -
Oil Rush -
Cave Story+

Chronoja

I poked around the registry a bit, and not only have the listings for the 007 Legends apps seen some tinkering in recent weeks, but Skyfall DLC was added to the subs (both regular and retail) a few months ago.

I think something is afoot and Amazon will indeed be selling the game in a week.

Not trying to burst your bubble, something may indeed be happening, but I get the feeling that there's just a lot of registry shuffling going on. I was keeping my eye on Sid Meier's Railroads for example and it was getting a flurry of updates recently as well but there's nothing really to suggest it will re-release any time soon.

Retail versions of 007 Legends come with the Skyfall DLC already so it could be anything.

JaseC

Toki Tori 2 is still coming out on the 11th. I wonder if they just lined it up with the beginning of the sale and plan on selling it at a massive discount.

I think Two Tribes delayed the game to release at the beginning of the sale simply so people won't expect it to be discounted. FrozenByte was inundated with the question of "Will it be discounted during the Winter Sale?" when it released Trine 2 a few weeks before the 2011 Winter Sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom