• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterkajo

I think Two Tribes delayed the game to release at the beginning of the sale simply so people won't expect it to be discounted. FrozenByte was inundated with the question of "Will it be discounted during the Winter Sale?" when it released Trine 2 a few weeks before the 2011 Winter Sale.

So this would point to the 11th as the seal starting date, right? It's a Thursday. Makes sense.

Edit: This week can't be due to weeklong deals until 8th and since Toki Tori 2 releases on 11th the sale can't start on the 8th. Toki Tori 2 was delayed for a couple days (initially it was believed so to be release after the seal) with the explanation given by the devs "due to scheduling" now points to the 11th as the seal starting date. Mark your calenders!

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Thomas Was Alone is such a delightfull game that really grows on you. Short but sweet.
Have fun, to whoever takes the key. :)

Only six weeks away from the summer sale, get hyped!

Six weeks? That is probably enough time to clear up some questions I have about the sale:

• Is the walking dead the entire series or just the first episode?
  • Will Terraria go lower than 99% off or should I get it now?
  • How did Hitman Absolution beat half life 3 and Ultima X in the community vote?
  • I'm sure I've done over the required 7500 community votes. Why hasn't my badge updated???
  • What day does the sale end? Will there be repeat deals on the last day?

Thanks in advance if anybody can help.

Chronoja

That's it...pack it in guys.

Better luck during the Winter I guess

This is what separates the weak from the true followers of the Great GabeN. In times of doubt you just gotta believe, have faith in the GabeN. He will test your resolve, you must stay strong and the sales will come. He will lead us all to a new golden age of gaming. GabeN works in mysterious ways.

KiDdYoNe

Quote for some games.

Well bad luck (slow luck) for me, wanted to see CaveStory+ for a while, anyway thanks for sharings!

So, that Trading Cards shit is getting real... thinking to spend couple of bucks and actually see what can i get for a badge craft... Gaben, well, you know everything.

[*]I'm sure I've done over the required 7500 community votes. Why hasn't my badge updated???

enlighten me?

Gbraga

Six weeks? That is probably enough time to clear up some questions I have about the sale:

• How did Hitman Absolution beat half life 3 and Ultima X in the community vote?
  • I'm sure I've done over the required 7500 community votes. Why hasn't my badge updated???

Entire series
I DUNNO
I DUNNO
I DUNNO
I DUNNO. Yes, probably

99% off?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Haha, fantastic.

Second this. Game was fantastic. Length was perfect for this time of game. I recommend everyone pick this up.
Third this. Game was incredible. Length was a little short for this type of game. I recommend everyone and their mother pick this up and play it.

Steam is blocked at work, so no more info for me :(

Third this. Game was incredible. Length was a little short for this type of game. I recommend everyone and their mother pick this up and play it.

Heh, I'll also say it was great... But I thought it was actually too long as I kind of got over it.

Either way is certainly worth a play.

Milamber

Steam is blocked at work, so no more info for me :(

X3: Albion Prelude, X3: Terran Conflict, and X3: Reunion is now available on Linux and to celebrate all X3 packages are 50% off ($24.99 to $12.49) until July 8th!

The X games hurl you into the most detailed universe ever created, right into the middle of an epic, intergalactic story filled with twists and turns at every jump gate. Become the hero once more as you TRADE, FIGHT, BUILD, and THINK your way to victory.

Immerse yourself in a living, breathing universe where all your actions have consequences.

Macka

I just know the Summer Sale is going to hit at the most inconvenient time where money is concerned. This week I have a depressing amount of bills due. Now I'm actively hoping it's another week away so I don't have to limit my spending.

DirtRiver

Btw, I don't think the X3 games are part of the weeklong deals. Normally these are announced later today and are announced in bulk. This seems more of a sale by the developer themselves.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
This is probably the weakest Summer Sale Valve has had yet. I guess the competition from Amazon and GMG had made Valve just stop caring about getting us deals.

oipic

Just completed Dear Esther.

It might just be my melancholy mood, but that was quite moving. One would have to be in the 'mood', I suppose, to be immersed as it intends.

So pretty, and I could almost smell the ocean, like a man, sitting at a PC screen, on which there are pictures and sounds of the ocean, and one walking the shore. Etc, etc.

Wordy, and no doubt not everyone's cup of tea, but as an ambitious 'games-as-art' piece (or whatever it is): two thumbs up.

masterkajo

I just now (finally) switched from Firefox to Chrome mainly due to Flash crashing every other time I open a flash video and occasionally some artifacting due to Firefox not liking my graphics cards. I also took the opportunity to install Enhanced Steam which has some really nice features. The one thing that doesn't seem to work for me though is the "you actually save on this bundle" price. It always comes out negative. When I refresh it it shows the correct savings for a split second but then shows a red negative saving all over again. Known bug? Do I have to change some settings or is it due to me having € instead of $?

Chronoja

Just completed Dear Esther.

It might just be my melancholy mood, but that was quite moving. One would have to be in the 'mood', I suppose, to be immersed as it intends.

So pretty, and I could almost smell the ocean, like a man, sitting at a PC screen, on which there are pictures and sounds of the ocean, and one walking the shore. Etc, etc.

Wordy, and no doubt not everyone's cup of tea, but as an ambitious 'games-as-art' piece (or whatever it is): two thumbs up.

I completed it a few days ago. Thought it was a bit....meh. It would be one of the first games that I would put forward for the "games as art" debate but as a game it really isn't one. As far as games go in regards to replacing gameplay with narrative The Stanley Parable does it so much better. (in my opinion of course)

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I wish your avatar had the ability to change and match the tone of your posts.

ibghbLFN2cZCbW.png

This is probably the weakest Summer Sale Valve has had yet. I guess the competition from Amazon and GMG had made Valve just stop caring about getting us deals.

Huh? Oh, you missed the great Summer sale of '13 which lasted about 6 hours? Sorry bro. I bought everything I needed.
All COD games 90% off
Valve bundle 93% off
All Bethesda games were 85% off
Capcom was 75% off
2K pack was $4.95 for everything
And the meta game was AMAZING!

Better luck next time.

oipic

As far as games go in regards to replacing gameplay with narrative The Stanley Parable does it so much better. (in my opinion of course)

I've been on the cusp of checking out the Stanley Parable mod for so long that I had decided to wait for the looming HD remake/sequel thing... but I will definitely do so after your mention. Cheers.

Hopping on the generosity train, I think I haven't posted on this thread my latest neogaf gifts steam group giveaways, so here they are:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom