• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does SSFIV still have an active online community?

Active enough in Aus at least, a lot more than any other fighting game, although not as much as console. There are some pretty amazing mods that help.

Just completed Dear Esther.

It might just be my melancholy mood, but that was quite moving. One would have to be in the 'mood', I suppose, to be immersed as it intends.

So pretty, and I could almost smell the ocean, like a man, sitting at a PC screen, on which there are pictures and sounds of the ocean, and one walking the shore. Etc, etc.

Wordy, and no doubt not everyone's cup of tea, but as an ambitious 'games-as-art' piece (or whatever it is): two thumbs up.

Nice. That last boss is so bullshit.

oipic

Nice. That last boss is so bullshit.

I'm man enough to admit I consulted a walk-through - there was only so long I could study the pattern of the antenna's flashing red light before charging in, but as it turns out, patience and literary guile were required.

Ardvent

Does SSFIV still have an active online community?

Yes, and the sales are the best time to start playing. A ton of new players online to spar against, look (or host) endless 3 player lobbies with < 1000 pp in hopes of new guys.

With every sale more players stick around with more people playing, it's still my favorite PC fighting game and I haven't found a controller that doesn't work with it.

Wow at the explosion of generosity in this thread. Seriously. Some of you are just awesome :).

Many thanks to almostheathen for Multiwinia and SalsaShark for NightSky. Also my gratitude goes to a GAFer whose code for Serious Sam HD TSE worked. I'm ashamed to say that I cannot credit you by username as I got myself confused in the process. I'm sorry but thank you. I think it must have been the shock that any of the codes were still live. Either that or my throbbing back was responsible.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
GMG Thing:

Starting from this very moment we will have 6 deals every 6 hours for a total of 6 days. That's a whole lot of deals that are gonna happen this week and you'll need to keep a careful eye on our site and blog posts (24 in total) to catch them all!

So begins the first 6 hours. Up for grabs are:

Killing Floor and all the DLC at 75% off
Star Trek at 66% off
Resident Evil 6 at 50% off
Borderlands 2 and Borderlands 2 Season Pass Pack at 75% off
Guns of Icarus Online at 80% off
Lucius at 75% off

All of these deals expire at 2100 UTC July 1st

Borderlands 2 and Season Pass for 13.49 with the 10% discount. NO! NO! I will still wait for the GOTY edition with all the DLC for 20 bucks down the road.

add GMG10-U49LX-GAE17 for 10% off. RE6 is $18.
I still don't think RE6 is worth 18 bucks. I rather have Revelations

GMG Thing:

Borderlands 2 and Season Pass for 13.49 with the 10% discount. NO! NO! I will still wait for the GOTY edition with all the DLC for 20 bucks down the road.

seems cool, but these deals don't interest me. New thread for this or spam this one?

Sober

GMG Thing:

I think this deserves its own thread.

A big reason why I rarely use GmG is because their site is soo slow, that's a hot sale, most likely pick something up from all of that.

Here is my yearly reminder to buy the hell out of Killing Floor if you've neglected to do so and have interest in it... best game is best.

A question. I just want the Borderlands 2 Seasonpass. Anyone wanna share this deal? Like 7,50€ for BL2 and I take the seasonpass?

Is it possible like this on GMG?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Star Trek is tempting. Comes to $15.29 with the 10% discount.

Edit: I'll wait for Steam's Weeklies before making a decision.

Ledsen

aaaaanns84.png

caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M.D

Aghh shit, got the the BL2 deal from Amazon and I have no desire to play the first BL... that's $10 gone :(

JaseC

caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't Valve plug the hole that allowed you to idle in multiple games simultaneously? I recall a few people mentioning that you get one card and then Steam stops handing them out.

Tomodachi

Didn't Valve plug the hole that allowed you to idle in multiple games simultaneously? I recall a few people mentioning that you get one card and then Steam stops handing them out.
Yeah, it definitely happened to me and some other people. I don't idle more than 1 game at once anymore. After the first card per game they just stop dropping, apparently.

Ledsen

One per game? Could be, I've gotten 4 cards so far, 2 from the same game.

JaseC

Is it even good, or is it 3rd person shooter with Star Trek skin

I have no idea. I'm largely interested because Acti abandoning the James Bond license just three months after 007 Legends released made me paranoid about licensed games/games with licensed properties in general having a short shelf life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom