• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great TPS, bad campaign, stellar gunplay, ok for a RE game if all you care about is the story/shitty for a RE game if you're exepecting a survival horror.
Thanks for your impressions, mate. It does actually look pretty fun in terms of game mechanics and systems.

So I bought it. I treat pretty much every game like an extended demo though, so will most likely just play an hour or two and never return to it, like the vast majority of my library.

AU7Amsc.gif

No reason to hype, we had huge meltdowns last year as well, and then suddenly the database started updating.

In fact last year it was leaked by some dev almost a month earlier, but obviously no one believed him.

Xanathus

I've just finished Little Inferno. This is the part where I would post my achievements on it except the game has no achievements at all. I realized that waaaaay too late.

Dawg

Fable? The first Fable?!!!

I guess nobody has a Fable 3 steamgift left? I'd pay for it because me and a buddy want to play co-op. He already owns the game but I don't.

Sucks that it's 39.99 atm. Obviously, I know it'll be cheap as hell when the steam sales finally pop online, but we want to play it this week (he's going on vacation after that).

I've tried looking around online for those cheap "steam key websites" but didn't really find anything either.

GABEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sblargh

Banned
Disciples is on sale at Gamersgate. I see the bullet points say it is turn-based.
Is it like Heroes of Mighty and Magic? Is it any good?

Chronoja

Disciples is on sale at Gamersgate. I see the bullet points say it is turn-based.
Is it like Heroes of Mighty and Magic? Is it any good?

As mentioned above the versions on sale there at the moment don't seem to be steam redeemable. (which is odd I thought all d3 versions were steamworks)

Regarding their quality, Disciples III + Resurrection are fairly similar to HOMM but they have their differences, units are not representative of armies, level independently, gain their own skills, heroes have talent trees etc. (sorry if any of this is represented in HOMM, I haven't played them extensively yet). The Disciples universe is grim and much darker. III is a bit if a let down for the series compared to 1 and 2, and while I haven't played it yet Reincarnation seems to have succeeded in some capacity at fixing 3 and Resurrection to play more like the older titles.

They can be slow, very boring and incredibly unforgiving to new players, but, if you are a fan of turn based games and manage to get into it, it can be enjoyable. The game will make you work for that enjoyment though. I've completed Disciples III: Renaissance with ~100 hours so there's definitely longevity in the title if that was a concern.

Megasoum

Banned
Fable 1 is the only good one however, if I remember correctly, that version is terrible on modern pcs. The remake they announced recently should be better (for 10x the price lol).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Fable 1 is the only good one however, if I remember correctly, that version is terrible on modern pcs. The remake they announced recently should be better (for 10x the price lol).

It's X360-exclusive at this stage.

Grief.exe

It runs just fine on modern PCs, its actually a very good port.

I was downsampling from 1440p, with great frames, and the UI scales.

Grief.exe

Response from one of the Darkspore mods on their forum.

Darkspore is no longer developed. It is for almost all intents & purposes an abandoned title. If you cannot play the game & have flicked through technical issues for any fixes, then contact EA Customer Support; especially if it regards CD-Keys or refunds.

Error 73003 has gone unfixed & remains an issue.

Error Code 3 has arisen for the majority/all & remains an issue.

I will however keep the forums here as clean & tidy as possible in my spare time. Why? Well why not. If it helps anyone with minor problems, or find their way somewhere, then that's great.

I wish you all luck, no matter what path you choose with Darkspore.

~Inquisitor Laine

http://forums.darkspore.com

ArjanN

Super House Of Dead Ninjas just got 10 new achievements (not live yet)

Checked the steam forum and it's this:

Hello SHODN fans,

We have some exciting stuff in the works for Super House of Dead Ninjas! First of all, we have a FREE update coming just around the corner that will add widescreen support, leaderboards, new rooms and enemies, plus a bunch of other stuff. Did we mention it was FREE? Tell your ninja pals! We'll have all the details on the store page soon.

Because that wasn't enough, we're also working on a "True Ninja" DLC pack for later this summer. All SHODN fans will want to check this out, but hardcore players will definitely be interested in the all-new speed run mode, plus an even harder difficulty level. Other game modes are in the works, not to mention new items and weapons...and maybe even a new playable character...the ninja must keep some things a secret.

Follow this thread for more details and keep your eye on the various Adult Swim Games stuff on the social interverse.

Ninja Vanish!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom