• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chronoja

Guys, I need a game like Dear Esther or Protheus, where you don't do anything.
Any game apart from these 2?

As I recommended earlier today, The Stanley Parable (the hl2 mod) for an example on how to do narrative based gameplay similar to (better than) Dear Esther.

kami_sama

Trauma - http://store.steampowered.com/app/98100/
My recommendation from Steam: "It's more of an experience, than a game, but it's great... I loved it!"

As I recommended earlier today, The Stanley Parable (the hl2 mod) for an example on how to do narrative based gameplay similar to (better than) Dear Esther.

Played both. I hope the hd version comes soon, I loved the first version!

Edit:
You don't do much in DLC Quest. Fun, cheap and short.

I will look into it.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Would be a bit of a misnomer to call it a week long sale if it didn't last 7 days.

Aye but I mean, typically when there is a sale incoming all normal sales end prematurely to accommodate. The fact that they're being called week-long deals and actually last as long says to me maybe they're just late in putting the rest up instead of it being evidence of a sale.

Overdoziz

Banned
So is Fable TLC like a special edition of Fable 1? Always been interested in the Fable series but never tried it.
The original Fable had its ending changed because of time restraints. TLC is essentially the same game, but with an extended ending plus some extra items.

Megasoum

Banned
So I guess I was wrong and the pc port is actually good for Fable...where did I read otherwise? hmmm...

Anyway, so basically the only con is the lact of controller support?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
So I guess I was wrong and the pc port is actually good for Fable...where did I read otherwise? hmmm...

Anyway, so basically the only con is the lact of controller support?
The port for three is bad, i'm guessing you heard that.

Eternia

Fable? The first Fable?!!!

GABEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you're really desperate and can't wait that much longer, here's an option. Go to tf2outpost.com, search for Fable III. Look for prices in TF2 keys and also check to see if they still have it in their inventory in case they've already sold it. Now you can either buy said keys on the Steam Market, then post (you'll need to login) asking for a trade or ask if they can hold it for that price if you don't feel like investing money into keys before a deal is in place.

I don't believe Fable III has any region issues outside whatever GFWL does so that's one less thing to worry about. At the time of this post, I saw a few listings with prices ranging from 4-6 keys and they cost about $2.20 USD per key right now.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

eleanorcry1vszu.jpg

I give up.

Chronoja

The current deal for Rise of the Triad on GMG is pretty damn good compared to steam. Preorder bonus is the same, you get the Apogee Throwback Pack, both redeem on steam. It's £9.99 + the 25% off coupon apparently works with it (GMG25-BAWQB-8UQWG). Compared to steams preorder price of £11.99.

Overall that means its £7.49 on gmg vs £11.99 on steam for the same thing.

Does anybody know what time deals change on GMG in PST? It says 10pm UTC on the site.

Is it against the rules to offer your referral link here? I wouldn't mind helping out GAF members and myself get $2.

If it isn't against the rules, PM me. I don't want to spam the thread with my code

Hofmann

Guys, I need a game like Dear Esther or Protheus, where you don't do anything.
Any game apart from these 2?

Kentucky Route Zero
The Path
Bientôt l'été
Dinner Date
The Cat and the Coup
Thirty Flights of Loving

These are all Steam games and they lack conventional game elements, so they might be exactly what you're looking for.

As for non Steam try:
Blues for Mittavinda
Césure
Icefishing V
Remembering
Slave Of God
Souvenir
Katabasis

and you can find tons of others in Indie thread.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Does anybody know what time deals change on GMG in PST? It says 10pm UTC on the site.

Is it against the rules to offer your referral link here? I wouldn't mind helping out GAF members and myself get $2.

If it isn't against the rules, PM me. I don't want to spam the thread with my code

Yeah, do not post referral links. Even openly doing it via PM is probably not kosher.

Chronoja

I approve GMG's hell themed sale. More sales should have themes outside of seasons.

It's a hell theme because of the eternal torment. Nice tasty discounts...what's that? you can't complete the purchase before the time runs out? nooooooooooo

It's a small but powerful glimpse of hell itself.

JaseC

The current deal for Rise of the Triad on GMG is pretty damn good compared to steam. Preorder bonus is the same, you get the Apogee Throwback Pack, both redeem on steam. It's £9.99 + the 25% off coupon apparently works with it (GMG25-BAWQB-8UQWG). Compared to steams preorder price of £11.99.

Overall that means its £7.49 on gmg vs £11.99 on steam for the same thing.

It's £7.50 on Steam if you can find three other like-minded individuals.

JaseC

Shit, the BL2 deal on GMG is tempting as hell. How does GMG work? Do I still get a Steam key?

You're given a key to redeem on Steam, yes. Remember to use the code GMG10-U49LX-GAE17 during checkout to save a further 10%.

Dawg

Bought the sweet BL2 deal on GMG.

I've already got the base game so I will be giving away Borderlands 2 in this thread. Stay tuned :p

Wok

I think Two Tribes delayed the game to release at the beginning of the sale simply so people won't expect it to be discounted. FrozenByte was inundated with the question of "Will it be discounted during the Winter Sale?" when it released Trine 2 a few weeks before the 2011 Winter Sale.

Toki Tori 2 will be discounted (10%), but only for beta-testers.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
PC gamers are awful. They always talk about being the master race and now here we are talking about canine eugenics.

Disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom