• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tak3n

Banned
apologies for going OT

Just got a email for "The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot" Beta anyone else get one?

the game looks too good, as it is a free to play from Ubisoft, which is telling me to be on my guard as that means micro transactions...

But the premise is such a good idea, you build a castle and upload it, the more people that die in it, the more loot you get....

I remember enjoying Fable 2. I never touched Fable 3 after hearing about some of the things the game did.

I liked it.(3) It's the only fable I have ever played though. Bought fable 1 now and am currently downloading it. If 3 is trash in comparison I should like 1 even better I guess.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I'm still really interested in Fable 3. Mainly because of John Cleese. :p
Played like an hour of the game once, quite liked it. Extremely liniear, though.

Anyhow. Played like two hours of Aquaria and enjoyed it quite a lot. Game feels weird, but it's fun and quite relaxing. Story's a bit bonkers and too floaty for my tastes, but what the heck. Really atmospheric and soothing...
...aaaaand then I earned the ability to shapeshift, wich resulted in combat. Lot's of it. And now i'm enjoying the game a whole lot less. It's not bad, it's quite fun, but I liked the game a lot more when it was just about swimming around, exploring and avoiding the big, scary purple stuff spewing salamander and other animal thingy's.

Another big thanks to hasaffe for the steamkey. :)

derFeef

I remember enjoying Fable 2. I never touched Fable 3 after hearing about some of the things the game did.

I liked every Fable game but Fable 3 was a bit of a bummer. Not for the reason that it is a bad Fable game, but for the reason it has some stuuuuupid design decisions in there that make you facepalm every once in a while.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Anyone else unable to upload screenshots to the cloud? I'm getting errors while trying to do so since yesterday afternoon.

If we are going based on recent history then the Summer Sale wont start until after Amazons sale ends. Amazon has somehow been finding out when the sales are and making sure to preempt them for the last few sales.

Sure it's pretty sad and cowardly on Amazons part. But that's the difference between a publicly owned company like Amazon and a privately owned one like Valve.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If we are going based on recent history then the Summer Sale wont start until after Amazons sale ends. Amazon has somehow been finding out when the sales are and making sure to preempt them for the last few sales.

Last year, Steam and Amazon's respective Summer and Winter Sales slightly overlapped.

KingKong

Last year it started on the 12th. This year there are new releases listed up until the 11th (Toki Tori 2) and then none until the 23rd (The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief). You can draw your own conclusions from that.

Thats only a week and a half, havent sales always been over 2 weeks?

Welcome to my world.

NFxKwOr.png

graywolf323

Last year it started on the 12th. This year there are new releases listed up until the 11th (Toki Tori 2) and then none until the 23rd (The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief). You can draw your own conclusions from that.

2 years ago the summer sale started the last week of June IIRC

JaseC

I want to buy Star Trek but GMG's can-and-string servers won't let me.

Is this the best Gaben can offer us? I don't want the Summer Seal then, he can keep it to himself.

It's weird that there are only two week-long deals. Valve didn't even bother putting up an announcement for Grotesque Tactics.

Chronoja

I want to buy Star Trek but GMG's can-and-string servers won't let me.

It's weird that there are only two week-long deals. Valve didn't even bother putting up an announcement for Grotesque Tactics.

Aye their servers are getting hammered. They better get it fixed before that apparent 6 hour deadline.

JaseC

First Nuuvem now this.. I think the universe wants to tell you something!

To try harder? :p

Aye their servers are getting hammered. They better get it fixed before that apparent 6 hour deadline.

I managed to reach the point where you use a discount coupon before the site became unresponsive. Just another 30-odd seconds and I would have had my game. :(

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't even know what a "Grotesque Tactics" is. The name sounds... grotesque.

Just give me anything I don't have at 75% off, I need to spend the Gabens I got from the TCG.
Actually, you are right. I got so used to seeing 66% off or even less on Steam lately that I didn't remember the delicious taste of a 75% off sale.

Guys, I need a game like Dear Esther or Protheus, where you don't do anything.
Any game apart from these 2?
If you have access to a PS3, Metal Gear Solid 4 is the game you're looking for. My first experience with the console was suffering through a straight hour of cutscenes and installs at a friend's house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom