• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

I'd say 4 July. It's Thursday and all coupons are valid until that day.

Those are coupons that you created. Coupons created through badges are only active for one week, so you probably created those on the 27th.

Irrelevant anyways since coupons aren't eligible on discounted items.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Hah, my English is failing me here. Dog breed? :p

Is it justified to make a seperate thread for a game giveaway? :p
Greyhounds;
greyhound-racing.jpg

Greyhound_Racing_2_amk.jpg

DogRacing_000.jpg

To answer your second question; It happened before. So yeah, I don't see how it could be a problem.

Grief.exe

Guys, please respect the rules in the thread title. We don't want to derail the thread because of Summer Sale speculation.

The best evidence we have right now is July 11th, but that is based on release dates which may or may not be purely circumstantial.

I know I was participating somewhat in the discussion, but lets just leave it at that.

Anyone asks, just quote this post or ignore them.

Guys, please respect the rules in the thread title. We don't want to derail the thread because of Summer Sale speculation.

The best evidence we have right now is July 11th, but that is based on release dates which may or may not be purely circumstantial.

I know I was participating somewhat in the discussion, but lets just leave it at that.

Anyone asks, just quote this post or ignore them.
Not sure how talking about the Steam Summer Sale is derailing the Steam thread. There's not a lot else to talk about. I thought the thread title was a joke.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The Walking Dead 400 Days DLC comes out on Wednesday. I guess that information can be used to guess when the Steam sale is coming?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Not sure how talking about the Steam Summer Sale is derailing the Steam thread. There's not a lot else to talk about. I thought the thread title was a joke.
Listen, this thread is about posting GOG deals and if you don't like it you can walk.

Apologies if this is common knowledge but as I've stated I am new to this whole Steam thing. Amazon has Mount and Blade Warband for $4.99 currently. My initial plan was to wait and snag the bundle on Steam should it go on sale but I am tempted to grab Warband from Amazon for now.

So, the question is: What happens if I own Warband(via this Amazon sale) and then at a later date pick up the bundle from Steam? This is assuming the bundle works out to be cheaper then individually buying the other 3 items. With GOG I noticed they discounted the price of bundles in which I owned games but I don't imagine this is the norm. Would I get a key/giftable copy of Warband or would I just be out of luck and get nothing. Any help is appreciated!

Grief.exe

The mods requested it and I respect their wishes.

Even if you just look at the last page and a half you see what happens. Random people will come in every few seconds and ask, 'when is the sale?' It can get pretty out of control.

I always thought it was having rough sex with it.

iF6PqbgFWmW12.gif

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Apologies if this is common knowledge but as I've stated I am new to this whole Steam thing. Amazon has Mount and Blade Warband for $4.99 currently. My initial plan was to wait and snag the bundle on Steam should it go on sale but I am tempted to grab Warband from Amazon for now.

So, the question is: What happens if I own Warband(via this Amazon sale) and then at a later date pick up the bundle from Steam? This is assuming the bundle works out to be cheaper then individually buying the other 3 items. With GOG I noticed they discounted the price of bundles in which I owned games but I don't imagine this is the norm. Would I get a key/giftable copy of Warband or would I just be out of luck and get nothing. Any help is appreciated!

I'll save you the trouble, there is no reason to get anything else but Warband.

Warband is the Original + Improvements + Online components. The original is pointless.

Fire and Sword is like a side quest by a different team. It's not bad, but it's clearly a B effort.

Napoleonic Wars DLC would be worth getting to complete Warband.

I believe you are just out of luck. What you could do is buy it from Amazon and hold onto the key. If it's cheaper on Steam, buy it and try to sell the key. I imagine the profit / amount you would save is minimal though.

Thanks everyone!

I'll save you the trouble, there is no reason to get anything else but Warband.

Warband is the Original + Improvements + Online components. The original is pointless.

Fire and Sword is like a side quest by a different team. It's not bad, but it's clearly a B effort.

Napoleonic Wars DLC would be worth getting to complete Warband.

Especially thanks to you. I was unsure how worthy the other items were so it is good to know sticking with just Warband isn't a bad idea. Much appreciated!

jph139

How far do we expect Walking Dead to drop by the way? Missed the Humble Sale so if we can get it to $5 that'd be great... but that'd be 80% off which strikes me as too much to hope for honestly.

How far do we expect Walking Dead to drop by the way? Missed the Humble Sale so if we can get it to $5 that'd be great... but that'd be 80% off which strikes me as too much to hope for honestly.

I too missed the Humble Sale and am desperate for a good deal on that game!

denx

I don't expect it to be lower than -75%, which would be a damn good price anyway.

Didn't know 400 Days is coming out this Wednesday. Must get more Gabens to buy this bad boy. My heart is ready to be broken into little pieces again!
not

Wok

Is the DLC story linked to the story of the other episodes from season 1? If not, I don't see the point of a one-episode-long DLC: if TWD had solely consisted of the first episode of the first season, it would not have been praised.

masterkajo

Is the DLC story linked to the story of the other episodes from season 1? If not, I don't see the point of a one-episode-long DLC.

I guess they do it so you have to buy the base game. They could of course just release it as a standalone episode but this way might be more attractive financially? But perhaps it bridges the gap between Season 1 and Season 2?

Wow, the PC version of SF4:AE is awesome. Runs so stable and rock solid, also the net code seems better.

Now I just wish my TE stick would work. ;(

Nabs

Wow, the PC version of SF4:AE is awesome. Runs so stable and rock solid, also the net code seems better.

What problems are you having with the TE stick? Does it work with other games?

denx

Is the DLC story linked to the story of the other episodes from season 1? If not, I don't see the point of a one-episode-long DLC: if TWD had solely consisted of the first episode of the first season, it would not have been praised.

As I understand, the DLC will consist of mainly self-contained stories but it will still have some connections to the events of S1 and the upcoming S2. I guess you can think of this DLC as a prologue to S2.

Nabs

That comic is cool for other situations, but this one is a bit different. If he has a working TE stick there's a good chance we can it up and running.

Raytow

If its the PS3 stick, you need a special brand of USB controller, the name escapes me right now, but usb pci cards of that brand are cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom