• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
This is good advice. I enjoyed the hell out of System Shock 2 earlier this year and I'm starting Deus Ex early next week. Can't speak for Deus Ex yet, but the first 90% of System Shock 2 holds up really, really well.

That said, Arkham City's really good too, and if Asylum ends up dropping GFWL I'll pick that up as well. From my perspective, you've got a pretty good lineup right now!
Deus Ex is a different beast: only the first 100% of it holds up perfectly well, with the rest being nonexistent as of yet. And there are no nostalgia goggles involved: I played it early this year for the first time, vanilla version.

Buh buh but I was just about to go to bed :(.
I'm with Grief on this one. Sleep can wait, Gray Death and UNATCO can't.

denx

No not really. The GoG version plus mods will blow it away.

Still nice enough to have it on steam though I suppose.

Eets key 0YQ45-WCMWE-YB6BI

Took Eets. Thanks!

Geez, between the giveaways here, the sales in Gamersgate and the bundles in Amazon, I've got an obscene amount of games through the last week. :p

Fully intending to make Dust and 400 days my last purchases until the sale.
oh who I am kidding

jph139

So I'm planning on starting The Walking Dead soon - did the save issue on the Steam version ever get fixed? Or is there at least a way to avoid problems there? Or am I just going to have to cross my fingers and hope for the best?

What do you guys see on the top seller list right now? Mine shows 'Half Life 1 Anthology' and a bunch of source mod stuff, Dystopia, Minerva etc. Can't be right.

smr00

Banned
Defender's Quest price-matching the GOG sale price - 3.74$
http://www.defendersquest.com/buy.html
Buy it, gett: DRM Free version, Steam, GOG and Desura keys and the soundtrack.
I keep hearing about this game, is it good? Is there a demo i can check out?

Also, i unlocked all the cards i can unlock on like all my games and have yet to receive any packs.. Do i need to keep playing to get packs? Or is it just like a random thing that they send?

tempted to grab SOTS The Pit on GMG, although im heading out

it's good right?

Yeah it is good. It isn't up there with games like FTL or Rogue Legacy in terms of addictiveness, but it is certainly worth the price.

Also, i unlocked all the cards i can unlock on like all my games and have yet to receive any packs.. Do i need to keep playing to get packs? Or is it just like a random thing that they send?

Random. You don't need to play to get packs, just have steam open. Increasing your level increases the chances of a pack.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Are people just buying games to give out the keys on GAF? How come people keep coming in and giving out free keys. I don't get it.

73V3N

Banned
Are people just buying games to give out the keys on GAF? How come people keep coming in and giving out free keys. I don't get it.

You buy a game you want to play.
but then there is a bundle you buy and that bundle also includes the game you bought some time ago.
you have that game twice.
you come here and give the game you already had to someone else.

and also all that was mentioned before my post.

r3n4ud

You buy a game you want to play.
but then there is a bundle you buy and that bundle also includes the game you bought some time ago.
you have that game twice.
you come here and give the game you already had to someone else.

:p

Rinse and repeat...

Grief.exe

Deus Ex is a different beast: only the first 100% of it holds up perfectly well, with the rest being nonexistent as of yet. And there are no nostalgia goggles involved: I played it early this year for the first time, vanilla version.

I'm with Grief on this one. Sleep can wait, Gray Death and UNATCO can't.

I would agree that System Shock 2 really falls off the last 10%, otherwise a near perfect experience.

Haven't had a chance to replay Deus Ex yet, but I am planning on it very soon.

So I'm planning on starting The Walking Dead soon - did the save issue on the Steam version ever get fixed? Or is there at least a way to avoid problems there? Or am I just going to have to cross my fingers and hope for the best?

Back up your save if you want to be careful.

http://www.gamesave-manager.com/

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
What if everyone did that with money? Like, if you already have a 20 dollar bill, be acquire another, just give away the extra 20 since it's redundant. This could end all the worlds problems!

Dawg

What is up with the "most sold" category in the steam store atm?

Stuff like Half Life 1 Anthology and Minerva is dominating it atm, along with a couple of unknown mods or something.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
tempted to grab SOTS The Pit on GMG, although im heading out

it's good right?
I just finished the demo, which is pretty good. It's turn-based, so it's more of the methodical kind of roguelike, foraging and resource management. I'd say the music is rather lacking for something so slow-paced. I guess they don't want to annoy people with repeating tunes, but it's too vacant for me so I'd play my own. If you get it don't forget to use the voucher to GMG20-JJVOT-ZGNGU

Not quite my thing though so I got it for a friend who enjoys roguelikes.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
What if everyone did that with money? Like, if you already have a 20 dollar bill, be acquire another, just give away the extra 20 since it's redundant. This could end all the worlds problems!

Until someone needed more than $20 but maybe costs would lower this is actually a really good idea yeah

smr00

Banned
But then i couldn't pay my bills.

I need duplicate space bucks to pay my space taxes and what not.

NIN90

Hi, technically "new" to Steam (made account in '09, forgot about it) and PC gaming in general. Can't believe I didn't do this earlier. I haven't touched my consoles in days

So far I've been playing Frozen Synapse, FTL, Stealth Bastard, and Vessel.

If anyone's interested in swapping any keys, I got keys for Awesomenauts, Waking Mars, Night Sky, Double Fine 3-pack (Psychonauts, Stacking, Costume Quest), and Death to Spies: Moment of Truth

And I'm interested in Gunpoint, Don't Starve, Incredipede, and Intrusion 2

Either way, getting involved with Steam is the best decision I ever made.

Sent you an Intrusion 2 key.

Zia

I think it's less altruistic than that. Most of them are games (from bundles) that people already own.

Half-Life Rally? Aliens Swarm: Infestation?
What are these?

A list of Half-Life related mods. Probably the beginning of the HL3 ARG.

What is up with the "most sold" category in the steam store atm?

Stuff like Half Life 1 Anthology and Minerva is dominating it atm, along with a couple of unknown mods or something.

I don't know, but Sin Episodes is back on the top sellers list where it belongs.

Hope of episode 2...rising.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
But then i couldn't pay my bills.

I need duplicate space bucks to pay my space taxes and what not.

Yeah who knows how it would work with bills and stuff, all I know is that it would solve all of the worlds problems and make earth a perfect utopia.

OpAhqHK.jpg

What the hell

smr00

Banned
What the hell
The no picture thing has been happening to me for the past 2-3 days.

I don't know why but usually it fixes itself when i just click out of the page i was looking at and going back. If that isn't what you are what the helling about disregard me.

HoosTrax

Keys. You guys know the drill -- first to quote or reply (in this thread; don't PM spam me :p) gets it:

Atom Zombie Smasher
Aquaria
Nightsky

---

Cargo Commander
Dear Esther
Oil Rush
Frozen Synapse
Broken Sword: Director's Cut
Waking Mars
Shank
Shank 2
Eufloria

Anything that's not claimed by the end of the night I'll open up for teh lurkers.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Keys. You guys know the drill -- first to quote or reply (in this thread; don't PM spam me :p) gets it:

Atom Zombie Smasher
Cargo Commander
Dear Esther
Oil Rush
Eufloria
Aquaria
Frozen Synapse
Nightsky
Waking Mars
Shank
Shank 2

Anything that's not claimed by the end of the night I'll open up for teh lurkers.

Waking Mars?

dk_

Atom Zombie Smasher
Cargo Commander
Dear Esther
Oil Rush
Eufloria
Aquaria
Frozen Synapse
Nightsky
Waking Mars
Shank
Shank 2

Shank?

I'll ask again... is it normal that Dust: An Elysian Tail shows a blank icon? Because I installed it and there's only a blank desktop icon (like Cave Story +)

NIN90

Atom Zombie Smasher
Cargo Commander
Dear Esther
Oil Rush
Eufloria
Aquaria
Frozen Synapse
Nightsky
Waking Mars
Shank
Shank 2

I'd like Shank 2.

Atom Zombie Smasher
Cargo Commander
Dear Esther
Oil Rush
Eufloria
Aquaria
Frozen Synapse
Nightsky
Waking Mars
Shank
Shank 2

May I get Shank 2?
Too late I guess.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

Atom Zombie Smasher
Cargo Commander
Dear Esther
Oil Rush
Eufloria
Aquaria
Frozen Synapse
Nightsky
Waking Mars
Shank
Shank 2

Frozen Synapse please?

Atom Zombie Smasher
Cargo Commander
Dear Esther
Oil Rush
Eufloria
Aquaria
Frozen Synapse
Nightsky
Waking Mars
Shank
Shank 2

Cargo Commander please!

edit - Thanks Hoos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom