• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam curator warns players if Sweet Baby is involved in a game

nush

The obligatory "strong black bald woman" is so tiring, I'd gladly eliminate all games that rely on it.

It's not just in games... the strong-bald-black-woman is a mythical figure of our era in all entertainment. She embodies a certain position in the progressive imagination, such that simply adding her into the cast of any narrative is a way to "fix" the supposed biases.

Example: if you have a scifi war film with a crew of strong guys, you can't let that situation stand or else you'll be celebrating old norms like masculinity. So how do you fix it? Make sure that this crew of men is berated or shown up at some point by the mythical strong-bald-black woman. Having this one moment or scene will tick the box to make sure we have shown that maleness has no objective advantage, that racial diversity is power, and that traditional beauty or norms of the male gaze do not apply (hence the shaved head, the refusal to be attractive).

It's a minstrel show. Black female characters now do a little obligatory dance and song for progressives on screen every day to make sure that the white-woman progressive's post-racial/post-gender religious beliefs are upheld and bowed to, no matter the genre or contents of the rest of the film/game.

I absolutely do an immediate rejection of any entertainment that uses this character type, because it tells me all I need to know about the writers.
68af554f5e1995d590e075eb0eac06b7f1f2c0d5bd756d02604b4fe534bec913.jpg

The second you saw her onscreen you knew exactly what her story arc was going to be.

I know it's the toys, but a perfect example of "One of these things is not like the other"
gc7gt9s6gf291.jpg

Can you guess who got to fight Darth Vader and walk away alive?

exhausted-tiresome.gif

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
They are not even related. If the story is good the story is good, if the story is bad the story is bad. GOT was good up until the end, and it had incest. You could have not had the incest and it wouldn't have taken away from anything. Point is, it doesn't matter whats in the story as long as its good.
that's if you live in a bubble.

If the story is good it doesn't matter how "woke" it is. case in point: Arcane.

if the story is bad and it has "woke" narratives then is because of that. Case in point: Strange World.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Yeah I’m not hating at all, but I’m sure there’s hundreds of older black voice actresses out there that could do her roles. It’s just now at the point where every time she’s in something I can’t help but chuckle. I did love her character in Days Gone though. My fav of her performances.
She was in days gone?

Was she addy?

Peroroncino

people saying woke are racists and sexist

So... is it like N word? In that case...

For shame what is this blatant disregard of marginalized people! Please present your W word pass right this instant. Even in righteous context it's still wrong to use that harmful and damaging nomenclature without first producing the W word pass to the proper GAF authorities.

Edit: Oh, banned. WELL I TRIED TO WARN HIM ABOUT USING THE W WORD. Don't say I didn't!

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Fuck me, now that i think about her, yeah, it's definitely her voice.

I'm just used to see her face with her voice in every game.

Its her face for sure but they gave her long hair and made her a little thick so shes a bit unrecognizable at first

Her character is also one of the better gay characters in years too

That whole game is a fucking masterpiece imo

Kacho

Gold Member
I don't care if it does or not, but, only people saying woke are racists and sexists. lol So thats on you'r characters not mine.
If the only way to get your point across is to label people racists and sexists then you have already lost the argument. It's not an effective tactic anymore.

But back to your initial comment about wokeness not being a thing, just a few short years ago people were listing #woke in their Twitter profiles before that word became tainted and "uncool." Those are the same people pushing for Sweet Baby nonsense in games.

Edit: RIP snowflake

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Its her face for sure but they gave her long hair and made her a little thick so shes a bit unrecognizable at first

Her character is also one of the better gay characters in years too

That whole game is a fucking masterpiece imo
I think she looks almost nothing like her, they even gave her a thicc body\face instead of a mummy body type.

Bend was fucking based and the last non-woke sony developer.

Scotty W

Banned
4chan has some interesting ideas about this. This is SBI’s logo. Very creepy.

DMKhM3p.png

Apparently, SBI is funded by a Canadian non-profit named Weird Ghosts. On the board is a woman named Eileen Holowka.

That name might seem familiar, as she seems to be the sister of Alec Holowka, who, you will recall Zoe Quinn bullied into suicide.

All credit to anon for the info.
Holy shit
QMZs8WF.jpg

Draugoth

Gold Member
68af554f5e1995d590e075eb0eac06b7f1f2c0d5bd756d02604b4fe534bec913.jpg

The second you saw her onscreen you knew exactly what her story arc was going to be.

I know it's the toys, but a perfect example of "One of these things is not like the other"
gc7gt9s6gf291.jpg

Can you guess who got to fight Darth Vader and walk away alive?

exhausted-tiresome.gif

In the show she failed miserably at everything she tried to do, so if they were going with a "woke" character then i guess they forgot that part.

nush

Holy shit
QMZs8WF.jpg

Fact check because of the source.

Who's on staff?

ihwrPtI.png

inception-deeper.gif

Baby ghosts (what's their obsession with babies?)

mwTJMfs.png

Now when someone speculated some pages back that this whole web would get exposed, they were right and I'm sure there's more to come.

GHIZpv7.png

FYI @UnburntWitch is Zoe Quinn.

Infinte amo inc was his company.

Fact check because of the source.

Who's on staff?

ihwrPtI.png

inception-deeper.gif

Baby ghosts (what's their obsession with babies?)

mwTJMfs.png

Now when someone speculated some pages back that this whole web would get exposed, they were right and I'm sure there's more to come.

GHIZpv7.png

FYI @UnburntWitch is Zoe Quinn.

Infinte amo inc was his company.
There's a keyword she's missing before disabled, and that word is mentally.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Maybe you have an affinity towards black woman. Also I can't think of a single female character that wasn't more attractive than a male character, so who has the brain rot, you or someone else? Next you'll say whales are woke for having gay sex.

Gay whales in a Sweet Baby, Inc. thread. Not expected for the 2024 Bingo card, but perhaps the single best correlation to a thread I've ever seen.

BlackTron

In the show she failed miserably at everything she tried to do, so if they were going with a "woke" character then i guess they forgot that part.

I still really can't understand her whole arc at all. I usually pride myself on being able to pick things apart and at least tell what they were *trying* to go for but I just simply don't get it. It made less sense the more it went on, right up to the WTF ending.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I'm very ignorant about the whole EGS money that games and movies receive for being woke, who is exactly paying these devs? is it a private thing? a state thing were tax payers pay for this shit?

I'm kinda scared to even check out...

Top Bottom