• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Whatever you say, Ariana.

Last call: who's on my friend's list and will drop everything right this minute (except the Steam thread) to play Transistor right this minute? I offered it as a gift to Oublieux, but he/she declined, and I can't figure out who wants it more. If no one gives me a straight answer, it's going to feature in the next hour's giveaway.

I'm not on your friends list but I would definitely give it a good home.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It was suggested here yesterday and I got to looking at this today.

gsGhnSL.jpg

Basically, Enhanced Steam will add a "lightbox" effect to screenshots, so that you can view them without having to have multiple tabs open and swap between them.

It's pretty basic at the moment, but I should be able to add the ability to scroll or flip through all the screenshots on a particular page pretty easily.

Mokoi

Banned
oh LOL I misread, nvm then thats never happening

on other news, Divinity crashes a lot :/ its also hard, it seems all enemies can do like 5 moves and 10 attacks (mild exageration) while I can barely do more than 1 attack per turn

Is this the part where I say git gud. Yeah git gud!

Now I am torn between Dark Souls 2 and Divinity: Original Sin.

I vote for dark souls 2. Mainly because I prefer that type of game.

Basically, Enhanced Steam will add a "lightbox" effect to screenshots, so that you can view them without having to have multiple tabs open and swap between them.

It's pretty basic at the moment, but I should be able to add the ability to scroll or flip through all the screenshots on a particular page pretty easily.

Game changer right there. Thanks!

Beautiful, just beautiful.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Rooting for Belgium as well since my country got DQed. I have some Belgian friends and I really like their squad. Also Larian <3

dani_dc

Much deserved down time for you, it seems! c:

Ahhh. Yeah I've had them my whole life (doctors think cause of chemo.) Do they know what causes yours? How do you usually deal with them? I'm always interested in hearing what others' are caused by and how they manage them. I've gotten some good tips and given some as well c:

Thanks! I've pretty much got it in the bag. It's the second interview, so I know they want me ;]

Social skills are hard to improve. I know I want to just curl up into a friggin ball sometimes. lol
I believe in you though c:
What kind of games?! Are you currently working on one? Or is that something you aspire to do?
Well, I think so, though compared to most of my college mates I feel I everyone else deserves a break way more than me.

Ah, sorry to hear, that doesn't sound good =(
As for myself, had migraines as far as I can recall, don't know the cause though, it runs on my dad side of the family apparently so I'm guessing that's where it comes from.
I usually just take some medicine and try to hide in the dark in bed while hoping I can fall asleep, unfortunately I don't have really any useful tips to give.

Good to hear! :)

Yup, I never had good social skills, and they somehow got worst for a good period of the last 7 years,

Any kind of games really, I want to make as many type of games as possible.
I had a few projects (some for colleges, others not) in the past, but nothing that was good enough to release publicly.
As of the moment I have few projects going on, mostly small "safe" stuff with a twist.
A college project that teachers wanted us to continue working on for a future release, but which I think I'll be letting die (too many people involved in such a small project, and I have a feeling I'd end up doing most of te work which would kill my other projects).
A small runner (think bit.trip.runner) which I'm hoping to release in the next half a year at worst, it's pretty well on it's way already.
Also had a smallish arena-game project I started a few days ago which I'll probably try to finish.

Mostly just focused on getting something done and released at this poin hoestlyt, even if something "safer", though both projects got pretty good feedback from players, so I'm confident this time I'm on the right path.

If Portugal wins I...

Oh.

If I knew we'd play as badly as we did I would had promised the entire Valve library to everyone here.

Hey y'all, I posted a data summary of how my game, Cook, Serve, Delicious! fared in the Summer Sales. Dunno how interesting that is but I'll post a link anyways: http://chubigans.tumblr.com/post/90478977094/steam-summer-sale-2014-it-happened

After piling through that data...I still don't know what to make of it, hah. I think all in all it was a success.

Thanks, I read the ones you posted during the Winter sale, so I'll be curious to read this as well.

JustLynx

nice feature! can't wait,
thank you!

Vuze

FiveElementNinja is spreading the disease. I will make sure to keep this sweet thing for a very special occasion. 500 games sounds alright I guess, it will be a rather long time until then but I'm sure it will be worth the weight™.

Arthos

Hey y'all, I posted a data summary of how my game, Cook, Serve, Delicious! fared in the Summer Sales. Dunno how interesting that is but I'll post a link anyways: http://chubigans.tumblr.com/post/90478977094/steam-summer-sale-2014-it-happened

After piling through that data...I still don't know what to make of it, hah. I think all in all it was a success.

Great read. I'm not going to lie I was actually hoping CSD was one of the flashes. I had regretted not buying back in the Winter sale. Glad to see things still worked out in the end!

FR sent. ^^

UncleBiz

oh LOL I misread, nvm then thats never happening

on other news, Divinity crashes a lot :/ its also hard, it seems all enemies can do like 5 moves and 10 attacks (mild exageration) while I can barely do more than 1 attack per turn

It crashes sometimes when I try to barter. But other than that it's been pretty good. I suck so much at the game though, I'm dying to everything outside of the first town

This is awesome!

Chariot

Quick Poll: USA vs Belgium, who wins!
Both games are Bad Rats, so you won't missing anything by once vote.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

158px-Flag_of_Belgium_%28civil%29.svg.png
VS
200px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png

Belgium -- MB-FD7913EC4336F114 - Taken by PriitV
USA -- MB-A747330D69DB56A1 - Taken by Volimar

t1404245767z1.png

Chariot

New page:
Quick Poll: USA vs Belgium, who wins!
Both games are Bad Rats, so you won't missing anything by once vote.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

158px-Flag_of_Belgium_%28civil%29.svg.png
VS
200px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png

Belgium -- MB-FD7913EC4336F114 - Taken by PriitV. 13 entrants total.
USA -- MB-A747330D69DB56A1 - Taken by Volimar. 5 entrants total.

t1404245767z1.png

Will there ever be a Good Rats game?
You only have to believe ahrd enough

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
After buying The Witcher 2 on the cheap I decided to finally start The Witcher 1. I'm taking my time and still doing a bunch of random things at the outskirts of Vizima, but I'm enjoying it so far.

Since the game doesn't have native controller support, gameplay-wise I decided to go with the isometric view instead of over the shoulder so I can play it mostly with the mouse pointer. I'm playing from the couch and that's definitely more conformable to go with than using keyboard movement, although I still have it close by for a few odd shortcuts.

Lack of fast travel can be a bit annoying sometimes with so much back and forth, but it's manageable since the areas so far weren't too big. I appreciate how the game doesn't take itself seriously a lot of times. The romance cards are ridiculous and a lot of scenes are pretty funny (like the villagers
thinking the Mill was getting haunted again while Geralt and Vesna were fucking inside
). Plus, Geralt seems to be always throwing shade and lowkey making fun of everyone, which I dig and didn't expect to be the case whenever I saw pictures of the Witcher games.

Jumping over from the steam sales thread, even though I normally have nothing to say outside of the steam sale itself. I think I'll do some cleanup on my bundles and leftover games and do a giveaway when I get home from work.

Reminder for great justice:

So, after the steam sale, I'd like to thank you all steamGAF for your generosity with the giveaways. I managed to get some games and save some money so I decided I would give something sweet in return. Also, please read the block of text after the modbot quote:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Prey -- MB-0A7E8F6B9099E88A - Taken by KenOD

t1404252542z1.png

If the winner of this giveaway is like me and also loves to collect physical retail games, I can also ship you the game, you just need to pay the shipping fees. I'm from Portugal and don't mind shipping overseas. If the winner doesn't want the physical edition as well, I will open the same question to the rest of the gaffers.
In that case, please take notice that the cdkey will not activate on steam (because I'm sure the winner of the modbot raffle will activate it), but the game remains to be fully playable outside steam.

Dolor

Pretty excited about Magic 2015 being available. I understand people's criticisms that it is watered-down and hardly changes year over year, but each year, it reliably provides me 10-15 hours of a great time playing the campaign, so I can't really complain.

Chocobro

If USA wins the World Cup I'll buy everyone here Dark Souls II.
No way is USA going to win though.
If Belgium wins I'm going to give away a copy of Divinity OS
Looks like SteamGAF wins either way :p

Lovely! I can't wait.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Thanks to both of you. Would anybody like to pick another team to win in which case they will gift a game to everyone?

Brazil
PES 2014

Colombia
Tropico 5

Costa Rica

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2

France
AC Unity

Germany
Wolfenstein TNO

Belgium
Divinity OS

Murica
Broforce

Netherlands
Age of Wonders III

Argentina
Dead Rising 3

Tizoc

For the new page
ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Derrick the Deathfin -- MB-ACB20D96F7819AB4
t1cxE6r.gif
The Blackwell Bundle -- MB-CA86FBF2B9139B66
t1cxE6r.gif
Ikaruga -- MB-5BC89A507291104A
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death -- MB-28FE26BC2624B167
SpaceChem -- MB-115CAEDCD6D6E62C
They breathe -- MB-B0814770B64FD5E5

t1404303406z1.png

If USA wins the World Cup I'll buy everyone here Dark Souls II.

I'll take Magic 2015 complete or Sherlock Holmes Crimes and Punishment instead if you don't mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom