• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2017 - Magical Pyres can't melt Cold Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, it's great and u don't need to have played boredlands to enjoy it

Nah, pretty easy to jump in. I guess you could go read the Steam page for Borderlands to get an idea of the premise. I don't think Tales does a good job of explaining it, even if it's a simple concept.

Sounds good, bought the bundle.

As such, here are my spares:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ThirtyFour, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Walking Dead S1 -- MB-0878F7FC6F7FF79A - Taken by oni-link. 1 entrants total.
The Walking Dead S2 -- MB-92014115DC18DAC2 - Taken by Dangerblade. 5 entrants total.

t1500417423z1.png

la mulana it's great until it becomes super bullshit puzzle land and u can't even progress 1% without looking it up in a guide

For me, that was at 3%.

Played the game, discovered I couldn't even find the first boss and had somehow managed to sequence break into an area that was way too hard for me.

Gave it a rest, went back to it a long time later, and ended up doing the exact same thing. Found a guide, and realized I needed it because I'd never have been able to figure that out.

Madventure

This shouldn't probably be news to anyone but The Banner Saga is fantastic. I was enjoying it immensely and then...
latest

and now I have to restart.
Let this be a warning to anyone that hasn't played it yet.

I backed the Banner Saga on kickstarter originally and it ended up being pretty decent for their first game. I liked the art style a lot with it and the viking-y stuff.

Volcynika

Trying to decide if I should take advantage of a buy order for the twitch prime battlegrounds thing and get $30 richer, or hold out for longer. Hm.

Sarcasm

Wow the BTA tier is 8 bucks. I only want one of the games in the entire bundle which is in BTA. 8 bucks isn't bad..but I made a promise to beat games lol.

Anyone know a fix for games getting stuck on Starting with no network movement when trying to download? I just changed over from my wireless Wifi adapter to LAN and Steam is the only thing giving me trouble downloading.

zkylon

zkylewd
For me, that was at 3%.

Played the game, discovered I couldn't even find the first boss and had somehow managed to sequence break into an area that was way too hard for me.

Gave it a rest, went back to it a long time later, and ended up doing the exact same thing. Found a guide, and realized I needed it because I'd never have been able to figure that out.

i think i lasted like 25% of the game before having to frequently visit a guide for directions, to the point where i basically was following it step by step

i hear the sequel is gonna be less dumb about that, which is great

you can tell they had the right intentions with the puzzle designs, most of them "make sense" logically, it's just that what doesn't make sense is expecting players to hold all these different things in their head and intuitively connect them

like for me the breaking point was when you had to go to different areas to solve puzzles from different dungeons, that's just really twisted and way too hard

i still really liked la mulana and always hate myself for forgetting to back the sequel (you can back the sequel now but whenever i remember to i'm always in the red lol)

Zeeman

My wife was a fan of the King's Quest games back in the day, so I've been waiting for a reasonable price on them for a while. Recently, I remembered that I actually owned them already, from Telltale's Great Adventure Bundle back in 2010. There doesn't seem to be any way to get the download links for any of the non-Telltale games anymore, unfortunately, which is really shitty and unfortunate on Telltale's end. Looks like their agreement to distribute them expired, but it's frustrating that that affects people that paid for the bundle.

Zia

Has Boderlands been cheaper than the Humble BTA price? Heard it's secretly the best Telltale game, which is kind of unbelievable.

FoneBone

That bundle's a really great deal. TWD Season 3 at -50% included.

Kinda shocked they're all Steam copies, as I instinctively assumed the opposite. Wonder if TellTale has given up on their store?

There was a Telltale Humble Bundle last year that had Steam keys (though I can't remember if they were there for all the games).

Saw this on Slickdeals just a few minutes ago and got the $1 tier (as surprisingly enough, I didn't have any of the games from that tier):

https://tiltify.com/events/crystal-dynamics-25th-anniversary-campaign

Charity bundle from Crystal Dynamics. $1 tier came as a single Steam key.

$1 tier:
Legacy of Kain: Defiance
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Blood Omen 2: Legacy of Kain
Project Snowblind
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2
Pandemonium

$15 tier:
Tomb Raider (2013)
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Tomb Raider: Legend
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris

$25 tier:
All the games (.....I know... I know)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Has Boderlands been cheaper than the Humble BTA price? Heard it's secretly the best Telltale game, which is kind of unbelievable.

I think it's been around $5-6 standalone in the past, but obv. not as cheap as buying the BTA and reselling what you don't want, and only marginally cheaper than buying the BTA and throwing away the other keys altogether.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Just a heads up, that dollar tier and I assume the 15 is a single key for the whole bundle.

FoneBone

Saw this on Slickdeals just a few minutes ago and got the $1 tier (as surprisingly enough, I didn't have any of the games from that tier):

$1 tier:
Project Snowblind
Pandemonium

$15 tier:
Tomb Raider (2013)

$25 tier:
I don't know that I'll actually play any of these (that era of 3D games is tough for me to go back to, but for $1...

Nilua

I guess it's finally the time for me to play Legacy of Kain.

Question: the story has some decent conclusion? I remember hearing about a cliffhanger or something, but is it too open-ended?

Erekiddo

$1 tier:
Project Snowblind
Pandemonium

$15 tier:
Tomb Raider (2013)

$25 tier:

Edit: I'm stupid

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
sticker showcases expire?

why wasn't valve upfront about this?

I'd guess it was a recent decision as the FAQ categorically stated that completed pages wouldn't expire and page unlocks would be "permanent". While unfortunate for those who'd prefer to keep a page on their profile, I wouldn't say it's scandalous as the stickers themselves cost nothing but time to acquire -- they weren't a reward for store purchases nor could they be traded or sold.

Jawmuncher

I'd guess it was a recent decision as the FAQ categorically stated that completed pages wouldn't expire and page unlocks would be "permanent". While unfortunate for those who'd prefer to keep a page on their profile, I wouldn't say it's scandalous as the stickers themselves cost nothing but time to acquire -- they weren't a reward for store purchases nor could they be traded or sold.

Still rather odd. Makes that whole meta game even more pointless than usual.

JaseC

Still rather odd. Makes that whole meta game even more pointless than usual.

Maybe the badge will be used for the selection process when Valve's ready to roll out a public beta version of the upcoming client. That'd make sense considering the entire point of the sticker system was to encourage people to engage with Steam's various features.

MUnited83

For you.
Maybe the badge will be used for the selection process when Valve's ready to roll out a public beta version of the upcoming client. That'd make sense considering the entire point of the sticker system was to encourage people to engage with Steam's various features.

It just seems weird. It's a small thing but it's cool to have it on your profile, I don't see any reason to have it expire. Oh well, you can always save a screenshot of it and upload it as artwork showcase instead.

JaseC

It just seems weird. It's a small thing but it's cool to have it on your profile, I don't see any reason to have it expire. Oh well, you can always save a screenshot of it and upload it as artwork showcase instead.

Oh, yeah, it's definitely a strange change of heart. The only distinct possibility that comes to mind, assuming the decision wasn't made on a whim, is that Valve remembered the 2015 Winter Sale "golden profile" expired and didn't want those people feeling like second-class citizens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom