• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2017 - Magical Pyres can't melt Cold Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Ubisoft ever revoke the Uplay keys for refunded Steam games? I refunded a game like 6 months ago and it's still in my Uplay library. I haven't tried reinstalling to see if it works I would imagine it wouldn't?

Man PUBG is the real deal. First time playing a survival game/battle royale and it is so intense. Probably at least 2 jump scares per game, it's gonna kill me one day. Just won my first squads game and the feeling I had at the end was incredible.

I guess it's finally the time for me to play Legacy of Kain.

Question: the story has some decent conclusion? I remember hearing about a cliffhanger or something, but is it too open-ended?
From what I remember, Defiance, the final game, has a satisfying conclusion, nothing really cliffhangery; there was always and still is a possibility for someone to do more in that universe.

Well, I just wasted $5 because I forgot EA doesn't give us English versions of their games.
Only Russian and machine translated Polish with amateur doing the voice acting.
Fuck you EA.
Aren't all EA made games refundable on Origin? That used to be the case

MUnited83

For you.
Does Ubisoft ever revoke the Uplay keys for refunded Steam games? I refunded a game like 6 months ago and it's still in my Uplay library. I haven't tried reinstalling to see if it works I would imagine it wouldn't?
I'm fairly sure that Steam versions of Uplay games still require for you to boot the game through Steam, so they don't need to revoke it because you can't play it anyways.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I betrayed Steam tonight.

I bought a Destiny 2 Nvidia promo key a few days ago. It's effectively the first non-Steam PC game I've ever pre-ordered.

I'm fairly sure that Steam versions of Uplay games still require for you to boot the game through Steam, so they don't need to revoke it because you can't play it anyways.

Yeah. If you try to launch them from Uplay, the action is rerouted to Steam:

ac3steamuplaym4kjy.jpg

Ubisoft's tactics with Uplay are a bit counter-productive because I would be more inclined to sometimes use their client on its own to play their stuff and perhaps even buy from their storefront instead should the deal be good, but this just means I'd rather go the Steam route exclusively.

Javier23

Banned
Now's the best time to get HITMAN. All the elusive targets are over.
This kind of criticism is incomprehensible. It's not exactly a meaty part of the game and they will keep coming as part of the live component of the game during the second season. And any future one for as long as the game is supported.

If you want permanent contracts there is already another mode for exactly that.

I played first two missions in Lost Planet: Extreme Conditions and it's... kinda sucks? I thought it was decent game, but everything in this game feels so mediocre, story doesn't make any sense, gameplay is so cliche and boring even by 2007 standards, and there is almost no music so most of the time you just walk (protagonist can't run or dodge) and shoot things in silence. Also, DX10 version frequently crashed until i added some dll files in game folder, and it's not supporting Steam overlay for some reasons so i stick with DX9 version anyway.

Wok

Do Groupees coins expire? I remember I had one coin worth $16, and today, I have only one coin but marked as worth $8.

MaxiLive

Man PUBG is the real deal. First time playing a survival game/battle royale and it is so intense. Probably at least 2 jump scares per game, it's gonna kill me one day. Just won my first squads game and the feeling I had at the end was incredible.

Yeah! I had 2 last night during solo games one was someone just sitting behind a door with a shotgun Kill Bill style without any prior warning someone was there, no noise, no open doors, loot still around etc. Scared the begeeeezus out of me.

The other one was down to the last 15 in a fairly large cicrle and as I was running to the circle while checking my flanks no one was there then BOOM an AK right next to me. I still have no idea where he came from, I wish there was a kill cam or at least a larger zoom out when you die.

Is beam.ng worth buying?

I really enjoy it and there is a good amount of content! Treat it as a sandbox though rather than a game even though there is quite a few missions now. Decent mod support and developer support as well.

Yeah! I had 2 last night during solo games one was someone just sitting behind a door with a shotgun Kill Bill style without any prior warning someone was there, no noise, no open doors, loot still around etc. Scared the begeeeezus out of me.

The other night I waited almost a total 10 minutes in a building watching a door. At one point I heard a vehicle come up and someone come in, but no one came in the door I was watching. A few minutes later another vehicle came up and soon there was gunfire right outside the door. It turns out that the first guy to come in was waiting just on the other side of the door, so as soon as I heard it I came out and killed both of them.

Parsnip

Wish I had bought PUBG on Steam instead of using the coupon on GMG... not feeling. Jankier than I expected and the controls and gunplay are so floaty

Is there a particular perspective that works better for PUBG?

also how do I have fun at this game?

I'm with you.
I bought it (again) with the GMG coupon and kind of regret it (again). The ratio of fun to not fun is tilted hard on the not fun side for me.
I'm hoping that the other maps they are working on will change the game in some meaningful way. Maybe a smaller map, maybe a different biome, maybe camo matters more, maybe something else.
If they are just more abandoned Russian installations and houses on a similarly sized island with trees and bushes, no thanks.

Sarcasm

Wish I had bought PUBG on Steam instead of using the coupon on GMG... not feeling. Jankier than I expected and the controls and gunplay are so floaty

Is there a particular perspective that works better for PUBG?

also how do I have fun at this game?

You're being too nice.

Played it at my friends place and it runs like every game in it's genre.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
I'm with you.
I bought it (again) with the GMG coupon and kind of regret it (again). The ratio of fun to not fun is tilted hard on the not fun side for me.
I'm hoping that the other maps they are working on will change the game in some meaningful way. Maybe a smaller map, maybe a different biome, maybe camo matters more, maybe something else.
If they are just more abandoned Russian installations and houses on a similarly sized island with trees and bushes, no thanks.

Next map will be a desert map, so something completely different

You're being too nice.

Maybe I'm really just lucky, but PUBG runs overall super nice on my PC... sure there are still performance improvements to be made..but thats EA for you...
Server performance is a way bigger problem imo

Parsnip

Next map will be a Desert map, so something completely different
Oh, that's intriguing. I guess I will keep one eye on it.

You're being too nice.

The pre-game lobby island is a murder for any somewhat older cpu, but once the actual game starts and you jump out of the plane, the client performance is perfectly fine and seems in line with what I expect based on my settings.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
The pre-game lobby island is a murder for any somewhat older cpu, but once the actual game starts and you jump out of the plane, the client performance is perfectly fine and seems in line with what I expect based on my settings.

Yeah, the lobby and the first seconds on the plane are the only real choke points, as soon I hit the ground the performance is really good imo... as long the server doesn't lag :p

Tizoc

A little dilemma - play original Tomb Raider first (i have huuuge nostalgic feeling about it), pc version with Tomb Raider Automated Fix 1.1, maybe even with gamepad (but keyboard controls feels tighter) or start Rise of Tomb Raider which i bought from last summer steam sale 😀

Play Rice first; OG Tomb Raider was about platforming, exploration and some puzzle solving.
The reboot is all about flinging arrows at people's faces, which is fun, but otherwise the games are mediocre and don't bother to rise above modern gaming elements (uninspired crafting, uninspired upgrades, etc.)

dex3108

Well, I just wasted $5 because I forgot EA doesn't give us English versions of their games.
Only Russian and machine translated Polish with amateurs doing the voice acting.
Fuck you EA.

You can always first ask support to change your version. You have nothing to lose.

Ubisoft's tactics with Uplay are a bit counter-productive because I would be more inclined to sometimes use their client on its own to play their stuff and perhaps even buy from their storefront instead should the deal be good, but this just means I'd rather go the Steam route exclusively.

Well Uplay games are cheaper in most of the cases so UPlay as a client is growing constantly. Not to mention that you have 20% off for pre-orders on UPlay Shop. And you have a choice to pay more and use Steam version. In my opinion that is best case scenario.

Grug

Some Telltale leftovers. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Just enjoy! :)
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bone Episode 1 & Episode 2 -- MB-F40A37B0A3C1688D - Taken by Diedac. 3 entrants total.
Poker Night at the Inventory -- MB-4F9740F4975B7719 - Taken by famfrit. 1 entrants total.
Puzzle Agent -- MB-799898307F1CCF82 - Taken by Ventilaator. 1 entrants total.
Puzzle Agent 2 -- MB-B94EE1298F05B501 - Taken by GrinningColossus. 2 entrants total.
Telltale Texas Hold'em -- MB-304B43839469E2EE - Taken by Mike Bison. 1 entrants total.

t1500472160z1.png

Sarcasm

Oh, that's intriguing. I guess I will keep one eye on it.

Next map will be a desert map, so something completely different

Maybe I'm really just lucky, but PUBG runs overall super nice on my PC... sure there are still performance improvements to be made..but thats EA for you...
Server performance is a way bigger problem imo

Not talking just about performance. It runs better than ARK.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

t1cxE6r.gif
DmC: Devil May Cry -- MB-791F4C07389A4ABE - Taken by Arminsc
Hector: Badge of Carnage -- MB-E467D867992440AB - Taken by fspm
Hyperdrive Massacre -- MB-58799405DA63B8A4 - Taken by rainking187
Poker Night at the Inventory -- MB-DFAE2144A5756BF1 - Taken by Mike Bison
Puzzle Agent -- MB-DFADD16E470B3166
Puzzle Agent 2 -- MB-A3B9F30D2043868F - Taken by Dangerblade
STRIDER -- MB-34676759E8DD9503 - Taken by purseowner
The Walking Dead: Season 1 -- MB-C712FC844519C465 - Taken by Orakio Rob
Zombie Kill of the Week Reborn -- MB-271A1BF8484F700F - Taken by Ludens

MUnited83

For you.
Not quite sure what the issue people are having with PUBG. It's literally the game in the genre and in early access that runs and plays the best.

The gauntlet of infinity should have some perks, shouldn't it?

Goddammit, that's Thanos.

Yeah, Ultron is the one who started out as evil because he had daddy issues and an Oedipus complex (wanting to kill Ant-Man and bang Wasp.) It was only later that they decided to give him more of a Skynet personality (make the world a better place by eliminating humanity.)

Arthea

I don't remember have I recommended this game yet or not, if not, that's a fun push stuff game with some performance issues:

in other news, I so badly want Yonder, but with Steel on horizon, I just can't

Disney Infinity 3.0: In which Ultron can harvest tomatoes by punching them.

he clearly prefers ketchup, simple

kionedrik

Play Rice first; OG Tomb Raider was about platforming, exploration and some puzzle solving.
The reboot is all about flinging arrows at people's faces, which is fun, but otherwise the games are mediocre and don't bother to rise above modern gaming elements (uninspired crafting, uninspired upgrades, etc.)

Fun is such a subjective qualitative term.
For me a Tomb Raider game should be about tomb raiding, the exploration and puzzle solving should be the main focus of the game and the combat should be a secondary or tertiary focus. That's why the original games were fun for me and why I'll defend Angel of Darkness till the day I die.
Legend and Underworld tried to balance combat and puzzles and imho failed. Even the "remastering" of the original game using this principle (Anniversary) failed. I'm not saying they were bad games, I'm saying they were bad Tomb Raider games.
The reboot just threw any semblance of puzzle solving and critical thinking out the window and all that was left was the pedantic combat. It's the equivalent of a summer blockbuster movie, all show and no substance, which is fine in it's own right, I enjoyed TR2013 for what it was, but it's not what the series should be about.
At this point, it feels the Lara Croft games (Guardian of Light and Temple of Osiris) are the true Tomb Raider games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom